Basilo taming

Symara

Basilo taming

Hey guys.

I need help with taming a basilo.

I got lucky because one swam into the bay of herbivore island, while I already started to build a wall for my underwater pen for my itchys and future underwater tames. Now I got it traped in the bay. There is no way for mantas or megalodons in. So, it could be an easy tame. But this lvl 2 basilo is a f**king diva!?

I started to tame it with 40 raw fish on the last slot. Which wasn't enough apparently. I got to about 80% and then the taming bar started dropping. So, I thought to myself: go get a ton of fish and you are on the safe side. I farmed about 500 raw fish (not only for taming, also as future food for basilo, itchys and otter). But just to be sure I packed my inventory and all slots of my menubar full of raw fish stacks. They are stackable to 40. I started taming the diva again and after I ran out of my first stack (on last slot) and started to use the next stack (slot next to it) the taming bar dropped so fast, that I wasn't able to feed against it. While the taming bar gains 2, something% per feed, the bar dropped a lot more. About 3%. So, I have no clue how to deal. Especially, because I play single player and have to deal by myself. Haven't seen any sheep for mutton, haven't found therizino eggs for kibble. Prime meat rots too quickly....W*T*F am I supposed to do here?! ?

I have 1 soothing balm, but don't know what it does and how to use it for taming the diva. I read that you shouldn't change taming food with basilo, so I am unsure if it's a good idea to feed raw fish mixed with soothing balm.

Please help me! I appreciate every tip you guys can give me. I want this basilo so bad! This is a great chance to get one, especially when you are low lvl 38 like me...☺️

Cheers,

Symara

It's a good thing that you got it trapped in the bay! That will for sure make it way easier to tame.

Soothing balms are extremely useful and are used to decrease the amount of time it takes to tame a creature. How does the soothing balm look like? If it looks like a spoon then it's a minor one, it will accelerate the taming process 3x. If it looks like a narcotic then it's a 10x soothing balm. And if it looks sorta like a tub with leafs swirling it then it's a 15x times.

With unconscious creatures you would have to force feed it (remote use). But since basilos are passive tames you give it to it just like if you where feeding it fish meat. Then after that you feed it the kibble or fish meat like you normally would. With a 10x balm it would usually only take one kibble, especially since yours is such a low level. According to the wiki you will only need 1 raw meat for a level 1.

9B06DC44-19E3-4E99-8891-7B8446E07694.thumb.jpeg.25047dfea711c423f4b97051df14181b.jpeg

Obviously bring more meat just in case as it's not always accurate.

The minor and major soothing balms you can get from the store. The 10x soothing balms you can get by tributing artifacts from the caves. The lava and southern caves are the ones that get me the most.

If you can't get a kibble that you want for any reason, you could try buying the chef station with amber. There you can buy almost any kind of kibble (griffin egg kibble being an exception). It's a premium item as well, so you can't lose it even if you die or it get's destroyed. It will always return to your inventory.

Hopefully this was of any help to you. Happy taming and have fun playing Ark!

Dude, other than cooked fish meat, raw fish is the worst thing you can use to tame a basilo. Use regular meat at the very least. The taming bar drops like that because it’s hunger is falling faster than you can satisfy it since fish adds very little hunger. A level 2 should take you less than one stack of raw meat. Just kill a parasaur, harvest the bloody corpse and feed the pieces to the basilo. 

On 1/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, nintendogamer7 said:

Dude, other than cooked fish meat, raw fish is the worst thing you can use to tame a basilo. Use regular meat at the very least. The taming bar drops like that because it’s hunger is falling faster than you can satisfy it since fish adds very little hunger. A level 2 should take you less than one stack of raw meat. Just kill a parasaur, harvest the bloody corpse and feed the pieces to the basilo. 

I can tell why he would think fish meat works best though. The basilo is water creature, and what else lives in abundance in the ocean? Fish!!! So logic would tell you that it prefers fish meat, even though that's not the case. I can relate to it, as I committed the same mistake the first time I tried to tame one.

It's always good to check the wiki or dodorex before taming an animal!

Hey Guys.

Thanks for your tips and help. Especially, about the soothing balm (thanks TypicalArkGamer?). Now for the news about the basilo. I was building a small beach base, right next to my itchys, when 2 megalodons stranded within 3 minutes and I had 7 prime fish ?.

I was able to feed 4 to the basilo before they wasted. And the rest I did with raw fishmeat. And it wasn't a problem at all. No need for the soothing balm (which is a x10 btw).

So, it's mine now ????

I parked it in the bay for now and a lystro right next to it. So, before I even attempt to go out to the sea when I have scooba, I will lvl the basilo already quite a bit. 

Thx again!

Cheers, Symara

Archived