Jackelmouse

Broken Structures after Update

large stone wall wont place

ive been unable to place the large stone walls since the christmas updates ive reset the xbox made new stones nothing  small walls work fine  ceilings work but no large stone walls even on a new foundation  it highlights green but when you place it nothing happens

Can't build

Since the last xbox update I can't place any structures I have tried 3 servers and several diffrent materials from thatch to Adobe and metal I can't build foundation for new bases or walls or roofs on old bases? They will go green and snap in place but not place as I said have tried dozens of places in valgero extension and scorched earth with no luck.

It's the structures+ items that are stone or metal. 

Large walls / triangular foundations, roof, ceilings / double doors / flexi pipes / stairs are all bugged out. 

I've had to finish my build with wooden triangular items with the look to upgrade to stone one they've finally noticed they've cocked up. 

I've not tried Adobe. 

Bug - Structures wont place anywhere!!

whats Happening:

When placing a foundation or any other tillable structure the structure simply dissapears (This is When Trying to Place When The Object Is Green)

I suspect the issue is with all item that have snap points  

the only object i have been able to place is a generator

This Bug came about following the last update Please if you are experiencing the bug yourself message on this thread too help the issue to get resolved faster 

Fence support bug

Fence supports have now started saying "Can't Place Wooden Fence Support: Requires Nearby Foundation Support".

It seems to be intermittent and only on some snap points but for no reason. This issue started after the latest patch. I also lost already placed structures and can't replace then due to this issue.

I did have two screenshots to show one snap point working while the other doesn't. But as I can't upload both I have only added the one that shows the error.

On a side note what's with the stupidly small upload quota? I had to resize my 1440p screenshot and use a meta stripper to upload one picture?

How can anybody effectively report an issue if we can't upload screenshots to show the problem? Or is it that you don't want the issues shown at all! lol 🤣20200113140029_1.thumb.jpg.1dae9a3c8fe1db9474cd7938e5ef6f92.jpg

I've noticed that we cannot place any of the homestead structures after the most recent fix update, Client Version: v793.36. I am mainly a builder on Ark, and I cannot continue the build I was working on.

Will there be an update to fix this soon? 

Edited by Amanda356v

Building Structure Anomalies

Forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic, but after a week of searching, I haven't found anything on my specific situation.

I'm running a dedicated server from a Windows account on my PC and my wife and I join from our Xboxes.  PC and both consoles are wired connections.  We currently have a fairly large base on herbivore island.  Here's the issue we're having:

When trying to add certain structure pieces, after pulling RT when the piece is green, it just disappears and isn't taken out of my inventory.  The odd things is it doesn't do this for all pieces.  For example, if I try to place down a regular stone foundation or a wooden double door frame, it works just fine.  However, when trying to put down a triangle stone foundation or a glass double door frame, it just disappears.  At first I thought it was the build limit, so I increased the limit in the .ini file AND removed an entire wing on the base.  I still have the issue.  Making things weirder, no matter where I am on the map, the same problem occurs.  I can place a thatch foundation down on the opposite side of the map, but it doesn't let me add a glass double door frame to it.  For full disclosure and more context...

• I am NOT building under a loot drop.
  • The problem is NOT isolated to just our base area.
  • I HAVE increased the build limit in .ini file.
  • I have NOT found the Xbox command to check structure utilization vs. capacity.

Again, I apologize for taking up space on the board if this has already been discussed, but I have been unable to locate that discussion.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and if there is any more information I can provide to help diagnose the issue, please let me know.

Thanks

Offered as tender:

poop survival GIF

Yup this sounds all too familiar.  Perfect example of WC dropping the ball.  This is kind of a big “oops”, I dunno if the patch was tested before release but it definitely looks like it wasn’t.  I know there’s some unforeseen things that happen with patches but this one should have popped right out if it had been tested.

Not able to place objects even though they are green

So a few friends and I decided to create a primitive plus server and when I 1st joined there were some texture glitches and I couldn't figure out why since then I have figured out how to fix the texture glitches to where it looks like normal Ark. But my biggest problem wasn't just the texture glitches it's the fact that I'm not able to place anything even though it is green when I try to play something it is disappears does anybody know how to fix this.

Game is not allowing me to place structures down even when green

Sometime after the Christmas event was removed I noticed that I couldn't place structures down even when it's green. It seems kind of sporadic with what can be placed. There was a time I couldn't place ceiling tiles or foundations, then one day I could but couldn't place something else. Like today I can't place any triangles.

Edited by Obsidianshark

You guys having problems with pillars? If so you have to go at it with every angle, try getting up higher and lower to see if it helps. Also try cycling through the snap points and rotating them. Some times you can get it to place but just takes a long *** time. 

A fix to latest structure placement bug.

The collision boxes for the newer structures are different then the old structures.  When placing tek storage containers on level square metal ceilings and triangle metal ceilings you will notice the boxes sink into triangle ceiling pieces.  This is due to the collision box on triangle ceilings being lower on the Y axis.  It drops below the mesh.

All the new structures' collision boxes need realigned since last patch.  When you tweaked the structures code, the newer items broke.  I can not place large metal walls or triangle ceiling pieces anymore.

All the new S+ structures and similar pieces boundary boxes will all need realigned.

Thank you.😀