New Mechanic Idea

jsheerin98

Suggestion

New Mechanic Idea

We all know that we can poop in Ark. Poop can be used for farming, taming dung beetles, and committing suicide when trapped in a cage during PVP but my question is; Why can't we PEE in Ark?! I know this is a gross topic but think about it, we can poop but we can't pee?  Here's my idea on how Pee can be used, you'll know when you have to pee when the water drop starts glowing, (just like you know when you have to poop when the food glows). Urine can be filled in a jar when placed in the hot bar and can be used as a repellent to scare off smaller predators such as Raptors, Dilos and Compies but it can also attract bigger carnivores such as Carnos, Rexes and Spinos (referencing JP3). You can either throw the jar like a grenade, or you could pour the urine all over you (Just don't do the second option when there's a T-Rex nearby!) You can also use the urine as bait for large carnivores to tame them. What do you guys think of this mechanic idea?   

4 replies to this server topic

I mean odd as it is, the idea of it being a repellent/ attractor is an interesting one. Only thing of consideration is that if you can make yourself immune to all the starting dinos, it kinda defeats the point of em and their challenge in the early-game (Especially since it would be a limitless supply, unlike bug repellent, which is fairly expensive). Still, with some balancing work, I could see it being an interesting mechanic.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:45 AM, Qwertymine said:

It would probably be an AOE that doesn't really protect you if you're spotted. For instance, Raptors won't go into the area affected by the Pee unless they are targeting something, in which case they ignore it and run right through. Like a deterrent, not a barrier. If something is chasing you, the Pee won't change your situation. 

Yeah, I can see that as a way to balance the mechanic a little.

On 1/11/2020 at 11:26 PM, TheEclipseee said:

I mean odd as it is, the idea of it being a repellent/ attractor is an interesting one. Only thing of consideration is that if you can make yourself immune to all the starting dinos, it kinda defeats the point of em and their challenge in the early-game (Especially since it would be a limitless supply, unlike bug repellent, which is fairly expensive). Still, with some balancing work, I could see it being an interesting mechanic.

Well of course it has to be balanced, maybe you can only use the pee if the carnivore isn't agro to you or another creature in the area. Ghillie Armor will probably help you sneak in and then you can throw the urine and the Raptors will run away and the rex will walk towards the pee. You could probably billed a taming pen, drop the pee in the cage, the rex will run toward it, you can shut the gate and BOOM! You can start knocking it out.!

On 1/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, TheEclipseee said:

It would probably be an AOE that doesn't really protect you if you're spotted. For instance, Raptors won't go into the area affected by the Pee unless they are targeting something, in which case they ignore it and run right through. Like a deterrent, not a barrier. If something is chasing you, the Pee won't change your situation. 

Archived