What are you most excited to see in ARK: Genesis?

ArrowHead

Honestly not having manas run rampant across the whole map...

But for new stuff the Bloodstalker 1000%. The swinging looks so fun.

Also really hopeful that the ocean is actually a fun area since for this map they've put an increased focus on it. Had a blast exploring the ocean on my speed freak of a frog on the island when I first started playing but no other map really came close after that.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:45 PM, TheKaijuKing said:

Hopefully more creatures than what’s been revealed so far. Hope it isn’t just 8 

It would be nice if it could be more, sure.  I think its for the best and 8 might actually be high as most of these creatures have the potential to throw the meta into complete chaos! I don't even play official, but I love that Wildcard shows caution when adding new features and does it more slowly. It is one thing for new content to disrupt balance, and it is another thing to release so much at once that official pvp gets overwhelmed.

As for what I am looking forward to...

I really hope that all of the new Biomes offer extremely challenging survival scenarios. I really enjoyed how challenging maps such as Aberation, Scorched Earth, and to some small degree extinction are from a survival standpoint.  The other maps are just too easy to survive. There is almost no challenge in showing up and living in any particular area, resources are too balanced, etc. I want a map that is fun to play specifically from the standpoint of surviving as a player or tribe, the way The Island was when we were all newbs!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fes said:

Let's top this by playing the normal OST and the DLC OST to death ( also let's not forget both of genesis countdown themes)  :D

Both??

I've only been able to find one Countdown on YouTube.. Would you miind linking both to me? :D 

And dw- as someone who considers Ex's Ascension one of the finest pieces of music I've ever heard, I could never forget the DLC;) Aberration particularly, all the tracks are all just.. so perfect. Nails the atmosphere so damn well! And gets me really excited with what he's gunna do with Gen, since from what we've seen, it has so much room for a really unique atmosphere.. Meaning lots of room for unique and cool music!!

I play on the island so compared to it i have some hopes.

Longer day and shorter night.

At least part of map without claustrophobic additions with clear sky without fog and night at noon  and without insulation or hyper/hypo problems .

And cool skirt instead of ugly hide pants for my avatar.

Trade system, messaging system, who is on server list etc.

8 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Both??

I've only been able to find one Countdown on YouTube.. Would you miind linking both to me? :D

The First one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CyHg18dkeLAopnI4iLKPua9_aS6AXr4U

It was the one that played for the most part of the Countdown for genesis.

The second one started to play on the last phase and is a bit different but i haven't found it on youtube so far ( i have it myself because i downloaded the file from the countdown website ), so here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-353dgoP-i6oG_klLjdLMvagYw7rGMqh

Maybe listen to the second track directly after the first to hear the difference

8 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

And dw- as someone who considers Ex's Ascension one of the finest pieces of music I've ever heard, I could never forget the DLC;) Aberration particularly, all the tracks are all just.. so perfect. Nails the atmosphere so damn well! And gets me really excited with what he's gunna do with Gen, since from what we've seen, it has so much room for a really unique atmosphere.. Meaning lots of room for unique and cool music!!

I really agree here, aberrations music was top, just like the rest of the dlc :D

And then we have genesis coming up in a month, lets hope it will bring us a soundtrack just as good :)

2 hours ago, Fes said:

The First one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CyHg18dkeLAopnI4iLKPua9_aS6AXr4U

It was the one that played for the most part of the Countdown for genesis.

The second one started to play on the last phase and is a bit different but i haven't found it on youtube so far ( i have it myself because i downloaded the file from the countdown website ), so here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-353dgoP-i6oG_klLjdLMvagYw7rGMqh

Maybe listen to the second track directly after the first to hear the difference

I really agree here, aberrations music was top, just like the rest of the dlc :D

And then we have genesis coming up in a month, lets hope it will bring us a soundtrack just as good :)

Ah I see, tyvm! And indeed. Can't wait! :D

Archived