Can't connect fence supports?

NeddyTheNoodle

On 6/27/2020 at 5:55 AM, Timey said:

Super annoying to read this has been an issue for so long. Just returned to ARK and playing on a vanilla unnnoficial server (due to peeps with Epic) so can't use S+. This really should be fixed. What is it with developers nowadays making a game that has all the perks to be awesome and then devs making such silly mistakes :(

Haven't played in forever. Is this not an issue if we have S+? Or are they broken in S+ too?

• 1 month later...

Hey so if you dont already know this issue has been going on for many many months but there is a annoying fix! as long as a foundation near the fence support you will be able to build off of it... i use this method all the time. it does take longer but lets be honest fence supports are work it! we still must be hopeful they will fix it soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if necro is such a thing, but was this ever fixed for console (PS4)? I bought the game & every DLC, & small but stupid things like the fences not snapping really killed immersion for me.

I made it to two small houses on The Island? (Vanilla map) & was done when I couldn't snap together a simple back fence area (autistic, so extreme OCD tends to also be an issue with me).

7 hours ago, NinjaDemon05 said:

Not sure if necro is such a thing, but was this ever fixed for console (PS4)? I bought the game & every DLC, & small but stupid things like the fences not snapping really killed immersion for me.

I made it to two small houses on The Island? (Vanilla map) & was done when I couldn't snap together a simple back fence area (autistic, so extreme OCD tends to also be an issue with me).

It might not be fixed. I haven't used fence supports since they came out (same reason - very frustrating) 

If it helps, you can snap a pillar or foundation then snap a fence foundation off that to fix your line. Fences are a pain, always start high to low. Or simply use foundations 100%, if you have a height issue snap a ceiling over, wall down to ground then continue walling up

Archived