Can't connect fence supports?

NeddyTheNoodle

Can't connect fence supports?

So yesterday, a patch broke stone triangle foundations so it showed up green but you couldnt place them. I updated my server, problem fixed. Now today, I'm trying to place stone fence supports, except it says I can't because whenever I place one, and then try to connect another one to it, it says "Can't Place Stone Fence Support: Requires Nearby Foundation Support. My server is up to date. Please fix this.

2 hours ago, Krashload said:

This is also the case on official servers.

Wooden fence supports have issues. Completely removed my "battlement" on one server and can't add to existing wall on the other.

EU-PVE-Official-TheCenter192 - (304.441)

*Beginner*NA-PVE-Official-TheIsland430 - (304.441)

Yeah this is a pretty massive problem. They just completely broke a couple of the structures so they cant even be placed down properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Faced this issue few days ago myself and found a way to use them. Put the first fence support any way you want. Then place a foundation (I used thatch foundations) close or through that fence support. Now it should let you snap-place the next fence support to the first one. After placing the second support pick up the foundation. Sure it's slower and should be fixed but at least this way you can still use them. Kinda same thing as when they broke tek bridges from snapping. There's a way to still snap them but it ain't easy :D

Can't place stone fence support: requies nearby foundation support

So i started to build a wall with stone fence support, but i can't place the seccond one, i get this error message: Can't place stone fence support: requies nearby foundation support. Why? Since an update i can't place it on the ground? Because i remember few months ago it didn't needed a foundation support. Or i need to change an option on my server?

stonefence.jpg

If thats on official server i would not waste time with fence supports. The uneven top when doing norma fence foundations will just move to bottom part of the structure/wall and look as bad as before. Unless you build on allmost flat spot. The problem is that you cant clip wall partly in the ground. But if you really want to use fence support try to toss fence foundation under the area that is missing foundation support.

Jesus Christ, finally another post about this.

This is driving me crazy. I just started playing ARK again after a long time, and this is basically game-breaking for me. Just wanted to build a base, relax, and I've spent hours trying to figure this issue out before finally coming across this post.

Seems kind of wild that this is still broken after....over a month? Not to be dramatic, but it seriously makes me just want to uninstall. It's SO frustrating not being able to just build a straight wall/fence. And adding the StructuresPlus mod doesn't fix it. *sigh*

Fence supports useless?

I haven’t played ark for a few weeks and I’m noticing I can no longer snap a fence support to a fence support I’ve already placed. I have to manually place every fence support and make sure they aren’t snapping because if they snap together, it turns red and says “requires foundation support”.... I thought it was a support?? Anyone know when/why this was changed? 

I found a temporary fix, but it's still a pain in the butt. If you place pillars inside the fence supports it counts as a foundation, and it allows you to snap up to two more onto it if the pillar is inside the fence foundation. So if you place a pillar, place two fence foundations, pick up pillar, and repeat, you can place everything as you normally could.

Now, if anyone from QA or bug fixing is reading this, this does NOT mean you can get away with continuing to leave this unfixed. Its a major bug that has broken a game mechanic related to building. Just because there is a workaround doesn't mean it's fair for you to just leave it like this. Please get it fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 2:00 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

there is a workaround. place a pillar temporarily inside the fence foundation, then pick it up after snapping two more onto the fence support. rinse and repeat, it works fine

Do you recall what update this broke with?  You reported it on Jan 11th.  Are you on PC or Console, if console which one?

On 4/26/2020 at 10:00 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

there is a workaround. place a pillar temporarily inside the fence foundation, then pick it up after snapping two more onto the fence support. rinse and repeat, it works fine

That was not working for me on xbox I was trying to build on very uneven floor so that might be a factor though.

• 1 month later...

Clearly they're too busy working on paid DLC.  Tek bridges have been broken for over a year now where they can't be snapped to anything so no matter what they have a 12 hour timer.

So whats the deal WildCard? Is there a fix.... "A little further out?"

(for those not getting that reference, wildcard used to have a list of features in the patch notes  that were coming and then another that were "a little further out". Most of them never happened like DirectX12, and some which came literally 4 years later like Extendable Length Bridges aka Tek Bridge.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived