Spicing Up Ark | New Primitive Weapons/Utilities/Armors and New Creature

Oddistic

Suggestion

Spicing Up Ark | New Primitive Weapons/Utilities/Armors and New Creature

This is something that I had on my mind that could feel more like Ark but still keep the feeling of it being very basic and not too overwhelming but hope the Ark community will like them.

So first starting off is adding new utility that everyone may like or have an opinion and it's bio-medical brew, a medicine that's heals x3 more health (120 Health) from a regular Medical Brew and last for 10 seconds. But it will be the one medical item that has a 15 or 20 seconds cool-down timer before you can use another one and to craft the Bio-Medical Brew is 2 Narcotics, 2 Bio Toxin, 20 Tintoberries, and 20 Azulberries. Along with it being different same brew time for the Medical Brew which is 40s in Cooking Pot and in Industrial Cooker be 4s.

Up next is 2 weapons and that is the Narcotic Tipped Pike and Bio Toxin Tipped Pike. Just like the one from the steam workshop, except the Bio Toxin Tipped Pike, but it will have a durability and once it breaks, you can no longer repair it or try to repair it with Pliers. Would be overpowered for SOTF or even for PvP servers if it was repairable and will be only weapons that will not have blueprints to make them stronger.

Next one up is adding a armor that has the same effect to a Ghillie armor but slightly more durability, armor protection, but quite heavy and it's the Camouflage armor. Same concept to the Ghillie but has a slightly higher more being seen less for dinos during the day but, even better, when used at night you're completely invisible to all dinosaurs but if the dinosaur touches your character they will attack or flee. And no doesn't really make your character invisible, it's rather being to-be-seen type. The Camouflage armor does have blueprints and can be found in Purple, Yellow, and Blue Drop Beacons so it can be very powerful BUT there's a catch, it will not have a Ascendant rarity but will be maxed at Mastercraft to help prevent it being better than Flak or even Riot. To craft it requires actual Polymer, not organic. So no easy making this armor cheaply. The recipe is relative to primitive Ghillie armor but it's doubled and can be only be crafted in the Fabricator.

Lastly the new creature is the Ox. The creatures will two different appearances one being a female and a male. The females have a purpose that they will very slowly produce milk when giving it berries or a slightly faster milk production when feeding it veggies but it's preferred food for more quantity is longgrass and its favorite. The Milk has a use to and it's to  help make baby dinosaurs speed uo their maturation process but very little imprinting if your more in a rush of getting more dinosaurs for making kibble production. And the baby will not ask to be fed with Milk either.

And for the male Ox it's like it's predecessor to the Trike but has a slightly longer stun phase when charging. But it gather berries quite well when using the bite attack while the other will gather both berries and fiber using the horn attack (Right-Stick click). So... what does the Ark community group think of these?

1 reply to this server topic

I think there's some interesting concepts in there. The narcotic weapons in particular, though I think the amount of torpor they deal should probably be fairly nerfed compared to arrows. And the idea of an 'upgraded' medical brew as well, it feels somewhat odd to be using primitive brews far into endgame.

I like the idea of milk, though the design would have to be careful that it doesn't render a creature un-imprintable. Maybe speeding up the imprinting timer the same amount as well. Though, I feel it's probably better off being added utility to an existing dino- personally, I feel an Ox just feels too.. not- prehistoric. (I recognise that they may indeed have existed at that time, but I'm talking about how I feel they'd fit, not necessarily accuracy). Particularly if it's main purpose is for the milk. 

Only thing I really would want to question is in regards to the capping rarity and un-repairable items. In regards to the capping, what of people with boosted loot drops? Also, for the sake of consistency, I don't think it really fits to have one item clamped at a certain rarity, while everything else can reach ascendant. And for the pikes being unrepairable, people will just bring more around with them to combat that. So it probably doesn't accomplish much. I think a better solution in both cases is balancing them so that they aren't more powerful than they should be, and so that the focus is on their utility.

Definitely some solid idea here though!

Archived