Pteranodon Breeding Suggestions?

monkeyclimber

Is this the stats before or after taming? I'm looking at the levels in the screenshots. They look promising to me, with pre-tame stats of over 30, but what really does it is their post-tame stats, that is: the stats just after you've tamed them. On the 150 you get an additional 74 levels distributed over the 6 stats (and 72 on the lvl 145). If you're unlucky they'll get distributed in oxygen or food and they'll end up not that good.

Over all they look promising, but if you have the post-tame stats, I can give you a better answer.

43 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Is this the stats before or after taming? I'm looking at the levels in the screenshots. They look promising to me, with pre-tame stats of over 30, but what really does it is their post-tame stats, that is: the stats just after you've tamed them. On the 150 you get an additional 74 levels distributed over the 6 stats (and 72 on the lvl 145). If you're unlucky they'll get distributed in oxygen or food and they'll end up not that good.

Over all they look promising, but if you have the post-tame stats, I can give you a better answer.

the levels were before taming and ive level them both rip ?

soo i should only use pre tame stats too judge if a tame is worth taming and post tame stats to judge if a tame is worth breeding?

is there a calculator for post tame stats like the one on dododex for pre tame? 

37 minutes ago, monkeyclimber said:

the levels were before taming and ive level them both rip ?

soo i should only use pre tame stats too judge if a tame is worth taming and post tame stats to judge if a tame is worth breeding?

is there a calculator for post tame stats like the one on dododex for pre tame? 

You can still usually get the post-tame levels through ARK Smart Breeding (Direct link to the latest version at the time of this post).

What I do is make a table for myself to make it easier to remember what stats are good. It looks like this:
Level        7 stats     6 stats
150            21.3        24.8
224            31.9        37.2
250            35.6        41.5
300            42.7        49.8
350            49.9        58.2

What this means is that pre-tame, since the creature max level is 150 (with my settings), the average in each stat is 21.3 levels for most creatures. Some creatures don't get points in one of the stats (flyers you can ride, for instance, don't get any points in the speed stat) and for those creatures, I look at the 6 stats column.

The reason I do this, regardless of what level the creature I'm taming is, is that I compare the stats to the average of a max level creature when I decide if a stat is "good".

A perfect tame of a level 150 creature results (in the best case) in level 224. This is the row I'm looking at post-tame. If the stats are all around, or lower, than the average - so is the creature. Now... the other rows are where it gets interesting. These are for reference: If I want a creature to get born at level 250, it needs 35.6 points in each stat, so any stat with more than 36 points is good if I'm aiming at breeding lvl 250s. Since I usually don't give a crap about Food and Oxygen, the other stats need to be a bit higher than that, but it's just a reference.

What I'm usually looking at is the lvl 300 row. This is where my aim is at most of the time: If I get 43 points+ in a stat, it's a good candidate for my breeding line. Then I try to find creatures that together have more than 43 points in each of the stats I care about and breed them together. That way, when I'm finished, I'll have creatures that are born at around level 300! Then, the breeding for mutations start.... ?

I also add the max level for tek dinos and a perfect tame of a tek dino:

Level        7 stats     6 stats
180            25.6        24.8
269            38.3        44.7

Archived