Methods of Egg Farming ( Suggestions Wanted )

KIDD0

I made a circular tower with a few ramped layers within.  Each level has a bunch of tames pointing their rear ends towards the open center.  This way the eggs they lay, and poop, all fall down to the bottom floor on top of an Oviraptor and a feeding trough.  I put Dodos, Pegos, Moschops, and Terror Birds in it for the 4 lower egg groups.  I use Yuty egg kibble for anything higher.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, KIDD0 said:

Methods of Egg Farming ( Suggestions Wanted )

Hello! I've been trying to get a decent well organized method for egg farming started. I have most of the dinos and birds I need to make all the kibble I want, but for those who mas egg farm, I'd love to see screen shots of your set ups.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:57 AM, PertySlick said:

I made a circular tower with a few ramped layers within.  Each level has a bunch of tames pointing their rear ends towards the open center.  This way the eggs they lay, and poop, all fall down to the bottom floor on top of an Oviraptor and a feeding trough.  I put Dodos, Pegos, Moschops, and Terror Birds in it for the 4 lower egg groups.  I use Yuty egg kibble for anything higher.

Now that sounds very nice! I like the floating ide offered, but I also like to have nice looking builds while being effective :) Thank you!

I'm happy we have the deins, don't get me wrong, to raise eggs.  But I am super angry that our choices and options have been removed.  I want choices.  I want to decide what I raise and what I use to make kibble, not the Wildcard Corporation making my choices for me.  I know you wanted your dlc Val to have value.  But you took away my freedom with your kibble system.  You locked me into a certain game style.  And you make Val so important no one can escape it.  Kinda like Rag is a little to important because it's the best all around for everything map.

It's draining having all my choices taken from me.  Esp since so much work went into all these dinos and creatures.  Every one of them should be invaluable.  There's no balance thus there is no freedom.

We now MUST get deins.  

I tried to raise some rexes cause why  not and put an oviraptor next to them.  THEY HAVE NOT LAID A SINGLE EGG FOR ME NOT ONCE.  

Communism is the act of controlling others and forcing them down one path alone.

I just collect deino  eggs.  Park deino on top of crop plots, set to mate walk away.  Come back any day after and the eggs are there waiting for you.   They naturally decay after a week but otherwise will stay there until you pick them up. 

Use crop polots lots to keep the eggs from falling through the floor or foundations.  I had to break foundations to find eggs until I remembered crop plots work well at stopping things from going below a floor.

4 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I just collect deino  eggs.  Park deino on top of crop plots, set to mate walk away.  Come back any day after and the eggs are there waiting for you.   They naturally decay after a week but otherwise will stay there until you pick them up. 

Use crop polots lots to keep the eggs from falling through the floor or foundations.  I had to break foundations to find eggs until I remembered crop plots work well at stopping things from going below a floor.

Oh? Could you explain the crop plot process a little more? Or maybe show an example :)

5 hours ago, Demigod said:

Don’t bother taming yuty. Go to Val, grab deinonychus eggs, boom you’re done. Rinse and repeat. They count as special eggs therefore can make extraordinary kibble, plus the eggs constantly respawn as long as the deinonychus are still in the area.

I'm on Valg :) I'll just raise deinos, easy two days and have an army to lay eggs when I need :D I keep forgetting their eggs are "Special"

8 hours ago, Demigod said:

Don’t bother taming yuty. Go to Val, grab deinonychus eggs, boom you’re done. Rinse and repeat. They count as special eggs therefore can make extraordinary kibble, plus the eggs constantly respawn as long as the deinonychus are still in the area.

Since I breed yutis for boss fights I tend to have lots of spare eggs but I can see why using the dein would be a great idea even tamed they seem to have a great egg rate. I haven't looked into it yet. 

Does anyone know if the tamed deins can be transferred to other maps I kept seeing people say they turned into raptors in cryopods. So I haven't bothered with them much.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I'm happy we have the deins, don't get me wrong, to raise eggs.  But I am super angry that our choices and options have been removed.  I want choices.  I want to decide what I raise and what I use to make kibble, not the Wildcard Corporation making my choices for me.

Your choices and options haven't been removed. You can still use the eggs of any species you want to cook kibbles. The only difference is that now, those kibbles can be used to achieve more than in the past, that's it.

7 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

We now MUST get deins.

That is your choice to get their eggs instead of the other alternatives. And by being your choice, it contradicts your whole argument of not having choices.

Since I breed yutis for boss fights I tend to have lots of spare eggs but I can see why using the dein would be a great idea even tamed they seem to have a great egg rate. I haven't looked into it yet. 
Does anyone know if the tamed deins can be transferred to other maps I kept seeing people say they turned into raptors in cryopods. So I haven't bothered with them much.
I use mateboosted and oviraptor boosted yutys to farm their eggs, got about 600 alr. Tamed deins dont lay regular dein eggs only fert ones, so need more females to get more eggs every approx 2 days.
They can be transferred across maps, i transferred about 5 to island map with no issues.

wasn't sure how quick they lay so thank you. ?

I do have a couple on my Val map but I found them to squishy for fights and left that map to take a break for a bit from ark, since i restarted I wanted to complete the whole ascension from the island again. Might go over for a breeding pair.

I just wish the oviraptor collected the produced eggs for me, I'm  sick of running round with a whip. 

Must be getting tired/distracted as read information wrong twice finally makes sense.  Keep dein on mating for the special fert eggs (phone keeps changing fert to feet).. ?

I have to say that I have not yet played Valguero or ever had a dein so I don't see them as a "must have"  I have 6 mate boosted low level Yutys in range of an Oviraptor and I get more eggs than I can handle.  The new kibble system is WAY better than the previous and removes a large chunk of grind.  That was a huge QOL improvement in my opinion.  I'm not sure why anybody would complain about that either.

1 hour ago, PertySlick said:

I have to say that I have not yet played Valguero or ever had a dein so I don't see them as a "must have"  I have 6 mate boosted low level Yutys in range of an Oviraptor and I get more eggs than I can handle.  The new kibble system is WAY better than the previous and removes a large chunk of grind.  That was a huge QOL improvement in my opinion.  I'm not sure why anybody would complain about that either.

One plus w/ the deins over the Yuti's is size.  The deins are raptor size and dont' take up alot of space, yuti's on the other hand....

E72DB65E7240873677EA9C7A1B72FC46A9CF593E

The crop plots act like nests and hold the eggs from falling through a floor or into a foundation, which they really like to do.

If you are more thorough than myself, you would have used 9 plots for these 3 so that in the event of a pile, the eggs wouldn't spill over off the sides.

08DC8BA3E31F310D26B9F917E1EE937C6BAE9E65

5 hours ago, Castlerock said:

I use mateboosted and oviraptor boosted yutys to farm their eggs, got about 600 alr. Tamed deins dont lay regular dein eggs only fert ones, so need more females to get more eggs every approx 2 days.
They can be transferred across maps, i transferred about 5 to island map with no issues.

Aye, the Deino do indeed only lay raptor eggs while not mating, which can be very annoying! I think I will stick with Yuty. I don't mind their size as mentioned bya nother, my base is very huge and their fluffy bigness is comforting. As much as I do enjoy the Deinos, Yuty def' still tops some of my favourite Dinos to have around the base :)

6 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

I read it as place crop plots stand Dino's on said plots it stopped the egg from falling through foundations. Basically it serves as a floor for the eggs to land on. 

If I'm wrong let me know. 

That seems to be the case! Someone was kind enough to put an example of how they have it set up :D

I think the yuti are great especially in snow cave on island, their roar pops the perlovia out of the floor. 

Great for boss Dino's courage roar. And actually quick when on foot. But like the rex pebbles get in the way.

They also mutate well some Dino's look incredibly stupid.?

I have played for a few years and even though other Dino's can create the special eggs even then I wouldn't abandon my yuti kibble. Just a shame I took a few months off I missed loads I'm still catching up on.

Don't forget the mate and the weighed down oviraptor to boost the eggs.

I lay out in a line 4 females a male 4 females a male and so on for eggs. I'm sure they can reach further but my current set up is for my breeders. No need to enable mating obviously if your cooking them.  ?

Archived