Ark Community/Tribes

GramOfMayo

I don't know if it's me but personally it's so hard to find someone to tribe up with that isn't an asshole. When I first got the game I had a great experience, tribed up with great people. Now when I join servers and try to find tribes everyone just ignores the chat. It's kind of pointless to join official servers when you see all the stuff they have. The problem with these types of games are that some people literally won't go to sleep just to get ahead of people. And it's hard to work in numbers because the community is so bad. Now, let me stress that. I'm not saying everyone of the ark community is bad, alot of you are very nice. I guess people are cautious inviting someone into there tribe, I never fully got to enjoy the game because I always get run off a server :( 

Hopefully this will reach some of the douches out there. Be nicer! I have 4-500 hours in this game and it just surely sucks rolling solo. 

If you're brand new to a server, I think a lot of tribes have gotten very wary about inviting random newbies. I play on PVE and even there, tribes on my server have been burned by being nice and letting new people join, resulting in thievery and general shenanigans. These days we often recommend new players asking chat for tribes to join up together and that's actually been a lot more successful for some reason. Most established tribes on my server either don't recruit new members or have level/other requirements these days to cut down on the trolls.

Obviously it's a different situation for someone with a decent amount of experience. I second MrDynamicMan's recommendation to find a tribe to join, instead of joining random servers to look for one. It's a lot harder to explain to people in game that you aren't just some random noob.

but there are some people out there like me that aren't going to burn someone. some of the community is just really, really bad. I understand you have your hard earned dinos and all that, completely understanding. but when you have someone like me that will grind, and also tame I just don't understand it. Teamed up with a guy the last 4 days, was cool at first then like the 2nd day the ignorance came. It was always me doing the bullpoop work of the group. I feel like if you're a part of a tribe you should take turns doing everything that way you don't get sick of doing it. Finally last night I had enough of it. We joined a new tribe and was in the middle of making kibble for pter's and I asked him to turn around and grab rockaroot or whatever and he got all cocky with me and said FINE even though i'm HALFWAY out. Just like that. So, what I did, is hit escape and shut the game down and deleted him off my list. Every dino WE tamed together, he "controlled" can't stand people like that man. You think I like standing over a dino for 3 hours taming it and want to lose it? 

Then begins to tell me I don't know what i'm doing, when he was 1200+ hours into the game and leaves the base unfinished, with a vault showing on from the roof in plain view. Smh, some people... you really gotta wonder where they come from.

Everyone knows that not everyone is like that, the problem is that you can't always tell who is and isn't a troll just by a few lines in chat. It's also a common problem in tribes, from what I've seen and know of from friends, that unless you work really well with someone, eventually whoever is better at the game will end up carrying the other tribe members. Either from just having the experience and knowing what to do, or because the newbies realize they don't like the grind and instead of sharing the load are content to let the competent tribe members do all the work while they faff off and inevitably go get your good tames killed because they aren't careful with them.

I think a lot of the established tribes have trust issues.  I play on a PvP server that was running almost a month or so before me and a couple friends joined.  There are several stories of tribes getting ruined by randoms joining said tribes and destroying all their stuff on purpose when the rest of the tribe isn't on.  Killing tames. I've even heard a couple stories of groups that let a higher randoms join their tribe and having the higher level convince the tribe leader to hand over leadership title to the tribe, only to have him get admin abilities and kick everyone out (which was a head scratcher imo, giving a random your tribe).   This happened to one of our new allies, but when the guy kicked everyone out every turret/X-Species fired at him because he didn't make any lol.  Trust is an issue for a lot of people in this game due to these crazy stories and the overall lack of moral fortitude that a lot of people possess.  Not all, but a lot.   The alpha tribe that we're allied with doesn't even want us to recruit because they don't trust people haha.

6 hours ago, GramOfMayo said:

but there are some people out there like me that aren't going to burn someone. some of the community is just really, really bad. I understand you have your hard earned dinos and all that, completely understanding. but when you have someone like me that will grind, and also tame I just don't understand it. Teamed up with a guy the last 4 days, was cool at first then like the 2nd day the ignorance came. It was always me doing the bullpoop work of the group. I feel like if you're a part of a tribe you should take turns doing everything that way you don't get sick of doing it. Finally last night I had enough of it. We joined a new tribe and was in the middle of making kibble for pter's and I asked him to turn around and grab rockaroot or whatever and he got all cocky with me and said FINE even though i'm HALFWAY out. Just like that. So, what I did, is hit escape and shut the game down and deleted him off my list. Every dino WE tamed together, he "controlled" can't stand people like that man. You think I like standing over a dino for 3 hours taming it and want to lose it? 

Then begins to tell me I don't know what i'm doing, when he was 1200+ hours into the game and leaves the base unfinished, with a vault showing on from the roof in plain view. Smh, some people... you really gotta wonder where they come from.

Honestly when I was in the alpha tribe on a server the simple reason we didn't invite people was because of moles or things of that nature. Its one of those things where its high risk low reward. We have 12 members on why make it 13 if we don't really need it. During my time playing this game I've seen big alphas fall to people who after months of being in a tribe to get admin demolish the persons whole base and transfer it over to his buddies tribe. As I said high risk low reward. Heck on unofficial servers my tribe has even used moles to figure out what rival tribes were doing. Granted we weren't scummy enough to have him demo stuff and give it to us and we online raided them but I mean its a common practice. Other tribes have the mentality of we've worked so hard to get all this work done why even bother with a new person.  

Archived