GhostCreep

Your Update Destroyed Everything!

This is beyond messed up...

My character and all my tames were just killed for no reason when I loaded my single player game along with all my structures being destroyed.

I have lost all my progress from bugs in your game 3 times since it came OUT of early access but this is crazy...

Idk if you can fix it but you should. I just turned it off so hopefully autosave never kicked it.

If there isnt an update fixing this I can't continue to play this game.

It has wasted too much of my time and money, and this is leading me to believe there will never be a point for this game where I have peace of mind that all my progress will not randomly disappear one day.

It is not fair at all especially when you just charged us for another season pass.. 

I just can't believe you put an update out that would do this at all or let it slip by.

Its just not professional.

Months I've been rebuilding after the last bug wiped my maps like my beta level character had never played before...

I finally get to Alpha on single player after struggling with bugs to get off the Island for years. Finally move to Scorched Earth and build this awesome Western town, tamed all the 150s I could find across the map and this happens...

I can't even put into words how mad I am honestly...

I just know I won't be playing this for a very long time if ever again and it's sad... Heartbreaking really.

Get your act together Wild Card.

It's inexcusable.

Edited by GhostCreep

12 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

This is beyond messed up...

My character and all my tames were just killed for no reason when I loaded my single player game along with all my structures being destroyed.

I have lost all my progress from bugs in your game 3 times since it came OUT of early access but this is crazy...

Idk if you can fix it but you should. I just turned it off so hopefully autosave never kicked it.

If there isnt an update fixing this I can't continue to play this game.

It has wasted too much of my time and money, and this is leading me to believe there will never be a point for this game where I have peace of mind that all my progress will not randomly disappear one day.

It is not fair at all especially when you just charged us for another season pass.. 

I just can't believe you put an update out that would do this at all or let it slip by.

Its just not professional.

Months I've been rebuilding after the last bug wiped my maps like my beta level character had never played before...

I finally get to Alpha on single player after struggling with bugs to get off the Island for years. Finally move to Scorched Earth and build this awesome Western town, tamed all the 150s I could find across the map and this happens...

I can't even put into words how mad I am honestly...

I just know I won't be playing this for a very long time if ever again and it's sad... Heartbreaking really.

Get your act together Wild Card.

It's inexcusable.

i agree sadly........ usualy i am vs the hate on wildcard stuff but after witnessing what happened recently for myself on my moms map this is ridoclous.

What's happening? Everything on SE is just.. spontaneously getting destroyed??? What does it show in tribe log? 

is this specific to only SP and SE thus far?

This is just.. incredibly sloppy on WCs part. How can something like that just.. Eugh. That's hardly a small bug as well, how can they let something so big as that slide??

Aside from that, if your're (unlucky and your game saved) lucky, ARK might have an automatic backup of SE at least. Which leads me on to my next point.. you really wanna be making regular backups of your game for exactly this reason. It sucks losing whatever progress you have since your last backup, but at least it's something. It's ARK, and especially in singleplayer, stuff does go wrong. 

Edited by TheEclipseee

25 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

What's happening? Everything on SE is just.. spontaneously getting destroyed??? What does it show in tribe log? 

is this specific to only SP and SE thus far?

This is just.. incredibly sloppy on WCs part. How can something like that just.. Eugh. That's hardly a small bug as well, how can they let something so big as that slide??

Aside from that, if your're (unlucky and your game saved) lucky, ARK might have an automatic backup of SE at least. Which leads me on to my next point.. you really wanna be making regular backups of your game for exactly this reason. It sucks losing whatever progress you have since your last backup, but at least it's something. It's ARK, and especially in singleplayer, stuff does go wrong. 

however u can't rlly do that on xbox.............. and what does console players get if there game saves?............... 

It only said "you died" when I loaded but nothing else... I respawn at a random location because there was no bed to use...

Run back to the center of the Scorched Map where my Western Town was and I just see a cemetary of bags scattered all over the area where my town was...

I just shut the whole game down without saving/exiting and haven't restarted it since...

As far as I've heard it's only SE on Xbox but no where else... idk if it's just single player or not. I probably will never hear anything from the devs again about it but hopefully I'm wrong.

I've lost my stuff way to many times...

If it was only Scorched and my Island Map is good it's not a complete "I'm never playing again" disaster like I thought it was going to be but idk if I can handle all this a 5th time.

My 256 at birth Thyla I took days to breed just to transfer over with me is the main thing that has my upset...

Shiva didn't deserve all that.

5 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

It only said "you died" when I loaded but nothing else... I respawn at a random location because there was no bed to use...

Run back to the center of the Scorched Map where my Western Town was and I just see a cemetary of bags scattered all over the area where my town was...

I just shut the whole game down without saving/exiting and haven't restarted it since...

As far as I've heard it's only SE on Xbox but no where else... idk if it's just single player or not. I probably will never hear anything from the devs again about it but hopefully I'm wrong.

If it was only Scorched and my Island Map is good it's not a complete "I'm never playing again" disaster like I thought it was going to be but idk if I can handle all this a 5th time.

My 256 at birth Thyla I took days to breed just to transfer over with me is the main thing that has my upset...

i totaly agree and for my moms stuff..... she mistakeningly saved the game so idk if there is any hope for her. x.x

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

My Island base and all of my tamed dinos around it got nuked in single player. Went to the base and found nothing but item bags where my base structure used to be, and even worse, all of my dinos are gone that were near the building and the behemoth gates that circled it for protection. These were all of my 150s and high level I have worked so hard for to finally start the boss battles. This was maddening.

This only occurred around the structure that had S+ structures in it...extremely frustrating. This makes it extremely difficult to want to continue playing this game. I know mistakes are possible but why are all of the updates applied to single player? Not sure if possible but it would be great if single player could be partitioned from the server/multiplayer issues. This result appears to be of epic proportions as I’ve never had this happen on single player before.

And how is there no way to bring back a previous save on Xbox One? That should be an added feature on console which is obviously needed...

Edited by HeroesFallen
  • Thanks 2

I strongly doubt bases will come back .

Dino's maybe, as apparently they are only hidden (hence no bag drops from the dino's).  

Problem is this area is currently still a kill zone - so don't rebuild in same place and don't end session in there. 

On my map in The Island
Bad areas;
 49.2 51.6
 48.1 48.2
 47.3 53.7

OK area;
 47.3 56.2

So I am guessing that roughly, anything within 4 lat & long points of the centre - is BAD.

• Like 1

now i can confirm that val save crashed and the creatures we were rideing on have been lost again cause we randomly froze ingame and basicly crashed and died ingame with "u were killed" message so our otters we had on our shoulders gone the para,parasaur and rex and horse are gone my cryopods are gone cause can't find my damn death chache  same as joy's bag it will be awhile before i return to ark because of this game being broken right now.

Everything was still fried but only  what was around me... being my main western town base with all my tames... but I had some little node bases that were still standiing a ways away on the map so I'm still confused as to what exactly happened with the update... It was like I got nuked where I was standing...

Anyways...

I finally rebuilt my western town... It has been really hard to play with Scorched Earth Crashing every 30 minutes but hopefully they will fix it one day and I will play more than 30 minutes a week... Just wanted to leave an update to this post.