A Forgotten Frontier

Qwertymine

Suggestion

A Forgotten Frontier

Should the existing DLC's ever get any TLC or additions, one place of special note to me is the Surface of Aberration. 

At the end of the Aberration Trailer, a survivor sees a glimpse of the Surface, an extremely dangerous biome scorched by the sun's deadly rays during the day.

At hearing this, I wondered what behemoths and beasts would be capable of carving out a life in such a deadzone. If the Reaper's and Nameless dominated the deep, what scoured the Surface?

Sadly, the answer I received was more Reapers, Nameless, and Seekers. Upon gaining the courage to finally venture into this dangerous zone, I was sorely disappointed to learn the only thing waiting up there that was unique was the Obelisks, Normal Loot Crates, and Alpha Reapers. Such a rich opportunity felt squandered, much as the Radiation and Blue zones did.

Aberration seemed to do too little to create an ecosystem. Many creatures could have believably been anywhere on the map, unlike the Gacha and Managarmr of Extinction, who really map the biome they were in theirs. 

I'll try not to drone on any longer and get to the point. If the DLC's were ever going to be revisited, I believe Aberration as a whole, but most paramount the Surface Biome, need to be fleshed out a little more. 

3 replies to this server topic

Honestly if any DLC (paid or free) needs a TLC it's the Center.

Its basically just the Island with more water. Both Ragnarok and Valguero free DLCs has at least 1 unique creature. Create a unique creature for the Center. It could be an ocean creature. Or even a hybrid land/water platform creature. 

And fix the meshing holes.

On 1/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Aylana314159 said:

it's the Center

The Center honestly needs to be reworked from the ground up. It has so many problems that hold it back, whether that be the bugginess of its caves, horrendous spawn rates, or problems with the map's mesh, The Center is beyond a simple TLC fix. A new creature would be cool though, maybe some kind of whale or leviathan type creature.

Archived