I've found a buried creature...

DrSmith

58 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

I mean what that instantly brings my mind to is Icthys, pegos and the like. Small creatures that move so fast they're usually gone by the time the dot shows up. Or maybe a titanomyrma sinking into the ground..?

It's a tamed creature. The marker is not moving. When the parasaur detects the creature, the red circle have the same position. The location of the place is something around (36.1, 58.8), it's the top of the mountain, so it doesn't look like some creature is moving so fast there.

The thing is though, reapers, basilisks, and purlovia all have very distinct markers when they're buried. I can't think of any creature that is invisible under the ground- With the exception of a very specific bug with basilisks which causes all visual markers (name, dirt pile, tail etc), except the popup floating info box when the person who owns it looks at it, to disappear. But given the specificness of it, I feel it's far more likely it's just something under the mesh. Try using K mode to look underneath?

Then again, it's probably entirely possible that it is one of those other creatures, and it's just invisible for whatever reason even though it shouldn't be. This is ARK, after all lol.

Archived