Creatures Than Attack Player Not The Mount!

monkeyclimber

Right over the past two weeks these are the tames ive lost because of these little nightmares!!!

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 145) Pteranodon

Cause Of Death: Microraptor Stunned me when on Pteranodon followed by a rock golem agro killed me then my pteranodon.

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 135) Pteranodon

Cause Of Death: Microraptor Stunned me when on Pteranodon followed by a pack of 4 daeodons killed me.. then kill my pteranodon while on the way back to the pteranodon.

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 145) Thorny Dragon

Cause Of Death:  Pack of three vultures attacked me instead of the Thorny dragon (i died 3 times trying to get my thorny dragon out of the situation but was insta killed when ever i got close

so the vultures just picked away until my thorny dragon died..

im really getting sick of these dinos that either attack the mounted player or dismount the mounted player

like the vulture one doesn't even make sense there scavengers! not hunters! also make there dam hit box bigger!!  

i dont see how these sorts of dinos help the game and are most probably negatively impacting the player base, they certainly dont add any enjoyment.

anway rant over im going to cry in the corner now ?     

1 minute ago, monkeyclimber said:

i dont see how these sorts of dinos help the game and are most probably negatively impacting the player base, they certainly dont add any enjoyment.

I've lost so many dinos to so many different things and this has happened to me plenty. I'm still new so I'm sure it's happened to you more, but this does help the game and has a positive impact on my experience. I wouldn't enjoy the drudge through the island if it wasn't for all the different threats and I riding a mount shouldn't be a simple escape. It's the constant feeling of insecurity and the work involved to mitigate that insecurity that adds to my enjoyment. 

I mean personally, I like vultures as a creature. Not so much microraptors and purlovia (wait till the latter ambush you in the Rad zone on Ab when you're fighting a Queen!!) But as annoying as they can be, it's my opinion that they have their place in ARK's ecosystem for exactly that reason. They add that extra challenge you wouldn't have otherwise.

Still, if you really dislike them, there's a way to prevent specific dinos from spawning through the ini. Of course, you'd have to find a server that has them specifically disabled if you aren't hosting your own game.. But it's a great option if you host your own server, or play singleplayer, where you can edit your ini how you want and remove creatures as you like!

10 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I've lost so many dinos to so many different things and this has happened to me plenty. I'm still new so I'm sure it's happened to you more, but this does help the game and has a positive impact on my experience. I wouldn't enjoy the drudge through the island if it wasn't for all the different threats and I riding a mount shouldn't be a simple escape. It's the constant feeling of insecurity and the work involved to mitigate that insecurity that adds to my enjoyment. 

My thorny dragon had taken on a 145 rex and won but was unable to kill 3 vultures, are the vultures that op tamed?

9 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

They add the needed challenge to mounted combat. A long time ago people complained about how you get your first high level mount and then win the game.

In the cases where the microraptor got you, you can avoid it by not flying near the ground. Also, they will usually run from you if you approach them on a flyer.

Vultures are annoying, since they aggro onto you if you get close to them when they are attacked by anything or they are feeding on a corpse. Stay far from them if there are other creatures nearby, especially if you cannot outrun them.

Just wait till you see the Kapro.

yeah i can remember kapros from when a played a year or so ago if i remember tho you can dodge there attack unlike the micro raptor there also big enough to spot

11 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

If you really dislike them, there's a way to prevent specific dinos from spawning through the ini. Of course, you'd have to find a server that has them specifically disabled.. But it's a great option if you host your own server, or play singleplayer.

I play on official and have alot of time invested soo im not looking to move server, just wish they would make than one programmer at wildcard who created Microraptors,Vultures, kapros, dimorphrodons, pegos, ichyothornises go on a anger management course on account of his/her passive aggressive behaviour ?

Hey, I totally agree that the vultures don't sound like they're acting like vultures and that if the wild ones are more OP than the tamed ones that is wacky. Maybe they were all very high level? Perhaps dino-vultures were hunter-scavengers since they were larger and it was a different context/species. But from a gaming perspective, the creature is static and you the player learn to adapt. 

it wouldn't be so bad if we had defensive item of some sort for these types of creatures like for example

if you have fish meat in last item slot the ichthyornis will remove that instead of your stack of 100 Narcotics!

If you have rare flowers in last item slot the micro raptor will remove that instead of stunning you

if you have spoilt meat in last item slot the vulture will remove that instead of attacking you

4 minutes ago, monkeyclimber said:

if you have fish meat in last item slot the ichthyornis will remove that instead of your stack of 100 Narcotics!

Give us icthys that knock themselves out when they steal narcotics!! It's a unique taming mechanic that also makes them less.. irritating.

16 minutes ago, monkeyclimber said:

just wish they would make than one programmer at wildcard who created Microraptors,Vultures, kapros, dimorphrodons, pegos, ichyothornises go on a anger management course on account of his/her passive aggressive behaviour ?

Heh fair enoughXD I think we've all had our moments of cursing the critters!! My favourite is having a purlovia stun me off my drake (because I still can't work out why sometimes they aggro on my drake, sometimes they don't!), while I'm carrying a reaper baby.. and then while I'm stunned, an arthro comes and destroys my hazard suit- and reaper baby with it ;-;

56 minutes ago, monkeyclimber said:

Right over the past two weeks these are the tames ive lost because of these little nightmares!!!

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 145) Pteranodon

Cause Of Death: Microraptor Stunned me when on Pteranodon followed by a rock golem agro killed me then my pteranodon.

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 135) Pteranodon

Cause Of Death: Microraptor Stunned me when on Pteranodon followed by a pack of 4 daeodons killed me.. then kill my pteranodon while on the way back to the pteranodon.

(KIBBLE TAMED)(LEVEL 145) Thorny Dragon

Cause Of Death:  Pack of three vultures attacked me instead of the Thorny dragon (i died 3 times trying to get my thorny dragon out of the situation but was insta killed when ever i got close

so the vultures just picked away until my thorny dragon died..

im really getting sick of these dinos that either attack the mounted player or dismount the mounted player

like the vulture one doesn't even make sense there scavengers! not hunters! also make there dam hit box bigger!!  

anway rant over im going to cry in the corner now ?     

git gud?

Ooh yeah I saw that a while back... Better ichthys or something right? Never got around to installing it for some reason though.. maybe I found it back when I didn't want to mod or smth lol ?. Regardless, wouldn't it be nice for all the unmodded/ official people! Vanilla icthys are definitely one of my most hated dinos. Would go a long way to making em less irritating>.> Like cmon man why you gotta eat my canteen! That cost obsidian yo! And it's not even.. edible!

And then hitting the damn things.. Not fun trying to kill em early game with a spear! At least your late game mounts teach em a lesson.

@monkeyclimber I know how you feel, when I started out on abe I got killed by those flies that spawn on corpses haha.

I would suggest taming some vultures, they are very easy tames with spoiled meat and you can carry one on your shoulder on aggressive or even have a whole pack follow you around and kill everything that attacks you.

9 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I feel it could work in vanilla, the icthy is really only useful early on for getting prime meat. The only other use is taming otters faster, but aside that there's nothing else. Having them knock out from eating narcotics would make early game taming much easier, since they have low health and high torpor.

Yeah, I have so many memories of my first attempts at taming icthys, mostly bad ones and involving a lot of death on the bird's part lol. The health to torpor ratio, just.. eugh. Even with them bola'd, such a pain. I eventually give up on taming em and didn't try again until months later when I found a particularly pretty one lmao. Having them be a passive tame would allow them to be weak as they are, while also still making them perfectly possible to tame. As well as using that annoying mechanic for some reason other than just being.. well, annoying. Make it more integrated and ultimately make them feel much smoother.

Archived