Game Is Unplayable to new people

ALPHANINE

this game is so unplayable it’s not even funny. If you’re thinking about buying this game and you want to play on a pvp or pve server then you’re going to break a lot of controllers. You can’t go longer than 2 days in this game without getting wiped. I have never once built up more than a 5x5 with 10 turrets because some ahole from another server comes over, wipes the base and then leaves. It doesn’t matter what server you play on because 9/10 times you’re raided from a different server and you have no way of tracking them to that server and even then it doesn’t matter because you’re more than likely not going to be able to raid them because you can’t build up. Let’s also not forget about the stupid amount of lag and crashes in the game. I crashed on extinction, left my bird in mid air and I was probably 500 feet below it, the base just got raided so I was building it back up. They killed all the tames except my argy and I spent 2 1/2 hours getting it back just to be griefed by an alpha tribe immediately after. They need to implement no transferring of servers with equipment or Dino’s because you’re just killing the game for any new person who wants to play. The whole “get good” thing doesn’t work either, what am I suppose to do against tek when I have a pike, I’m not winning that fight. I get it it’s pvp but like Jesus maybe pick a fight with players even to you.This game is so fun and has so many cool aspects except one major problem, the player base ruins it for other players 

28 minutes ago, ALPHANINE said:

this game is so unplayable it’s not even funny. If you’re thinking about buying this game and you want to play on a pvp or pve server then you’re going to break a lot of controllers. You can’t go longer than 2 days in this game without getting wiped. I have never once built up more than a 5x5 with 10 turrets because some ahole from another server comes over, wipes the base and then leaves. It doesn’t matter what server you play on because 9/10 times you’re raided from a different server and you have no way of tracking them to that server and even then it doesn’t matter because you’re more than likely not going to be able to raid them because you can’t build up. Let’s also not forget about the stupid amount of lag and crashes in the game. I crashed on extinction, left my bird in mid air and I was probably 500 feet below it, the base just got raided so I was building it back up. They killed all the tames except my argy and I spent 2 1/2 hours getting it back just to be griefed by an alpha tribe immediately after. They need to implement no transferring of servers with equipment or Dino’s because you’re just killing the game for any new person who wants to play. The whole “get good” thing doesn’t work either, what am I suppose to do against tek when I have a pike, I’m not winning that fight. I get it it’s pvp but like Jesus maybe pick a fight with players even to you.This game is so fun and has so many cool aspects except one major problem, the player base ruins it for other players 

you could try a small cluster like crossark  only 4 maps some are offline protection

40 minutes ago, ALPHANINE said:

This is not a newbie problem, it is a PVP problem. There are people who have been playing for months or years who get wiped constantly. 

LIES! The game is perfectly playable for new people. You just have to be sensible about it. If you're going to be a new player on an official PvP server, know that your imagining you'd be taking the boots to other players is just a fantasy, and that it will be far more fun for the established players who WILL be taking their boots to you. Instead, be smart and join a PVE server, or even a private group on private server. 

51 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

LIES! The game is perfectly playable for new people. You just have to be sensible about it. If you're going to be a new player on an official PvP server, know that your imagining you'd be taking the boots to other players is just a fantasy, and that it will be far more fun for the established players who WILL be taking their boots to you. Instead, be smart and join a PVE server, or even a private group on private server. 

Lies! ….just play single player. :P jk

if you want try some "pvp" but not having the "insta wipe" factor in i highly recommend crossark, having played both crossark official legacy AND small tribe, cross ark (depend which one ofc, alpha can always be a ...)

in crossark instead of going full mental wiping ppl without even talking, in CA ppl actually try to comunicate, talk to each other, and solve issue by using diplomacy, and having a community (usually most tribe know each others in a CA)

(ofc the wiping base things can still happen, but if it does it will be becaus eyou got ppl mad)

9 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

Lies! ….just play single player. :P jk

Not single player per se (lots of issues with SP I hear), but running a 'non-dedicated' server (private session) seems to be quite a good way to enjoy the game as a single player. 

What I've done is created my own ARK 'archive' in a non-dedicated session. I created a survivor named 'Keeper' and they build quite a nice base. Everything I collect in my dedicated server sessions (multiplayer), I upload and download into my 'archive' base for use when I need it. Since you can transfer items between a local non-dedicated game and a hosted (dedicated) game, it's a great way to store stuff. Especially items that have a spoil time, since time stands still on the non-dedicated session when its not loaded. 

I do the same with my ongoing breeding lines of dinos. I keep them cryo-podded in the 'archive' base until I want to work on them some more. If we then change maps on the dedicated server, I still have all my stuff. 

I've been doing fine solo on an official PvP server so far. Not sure if it's because it's the island or because I specifically chose a server with a relatively low population. I've been wiped once so far but it was a base out in the open near the easy starter area so I half expected it. I'll see what happens in the future with more thoughtful choices regarding my base and if it ends up being a problem I'll try one of those clusters or perhaps join a small tribe. 

I'm new and loving this game. Getting griefed is something I like in a game because it's something I enjoy doing at end game so the fact that it happens to me means playing this game yields a good investment. 

Archived