Lpc0

Suggestion

Creature Request

Hello all,

I was looking at some awesome mods on steam and I was thinking about possible Dino’s to add to the game officially for future updates... Personally, my favorite creature idea to add to the game and an animal I’m very fond of is a rabbit/hare.

An easy addition could probably piggyback off of the jerboa model or reduce the model size for Kangaroo Easter bunny (not sure how easy that is for developers), it could be an easy first tame if you use a cliche item to tame (carrot), could be a unique game meat, and could possibly be beneficial and burrow for resources or detect things with its ears?

I hope one of the people from Wild Card see this, would make me so happy to see come to the game. Maybe add an arctic hare to the Antarctica map! Thoughts? Is there another animal/Dino you guys would want to see?

(This was a great idea added from a suggestion on discord)
Perhaps a hare/rabbit can create warrens that can store and hide a player’s resources. These warrens would be small and will be hidden from enemies, much like Purlovias burrows. Perhaps can even be a temporary hidey hole. So instead of constructing storage boxes for raids that can easily be destroyed, these would function as hidden storage boxes. I’m sorta thinking of the isles burrows that certain dinosaurs can make.
To counter this ability, the warrens will decay away like normal structures if not utilised for a long time. Also rabbits can stomp on the floor to sense and discover enemy warrens which they can destroy.

Irl rabbits are rather hard to catch so many in a chase, they can have really sharp turns or side steps to evade pursers.

2 replies to this server topic

11 minutes ago, Cammeron said:

I like the burrowing idea would give players another thing to sit around and farm like how u can go fishing and sometimes get some loot

Yeah! I think it would have to be something like this or similar to it to make this “cute and harmless” tame worth keeping around! Thanks for the comment! Maybe make it more realistic and have the snowy owl prefer its meat! 

Archived