ARK survival evolved huge update

Mortalqtr

*if you don't care about ARK improves don't even read*

So let's think real quick how awesome it would be if Wildcard release a new update 

*What to do*

1.Fix every obvious bug especially the weapons not reloading one

2.Make the graphics in a whole new level (Not realistic but not childish)

3.Change how we create the character , How they look

4.Make the crafting menu/inventory simple and fast, Just like rust

5.Add more weapons, As example underwater knifes

*Get rid of*

1.Slow transportation around the map (Important flyers are slow for some reason)

2.Big map with alot of unwanted spots

3.Game doesn't have much effects

4.You can't do combats like self defense from small creatures, You can't just grab a small creature and stab him in the neck or slide in between dino legs

5.Character stats are ridiculous

6.Gamma levels and lights in the game are so bad/makes the game more boring

7.Characters/AI are just like inanimates

8.Killing any dino are just hard and waste of time (There is no actions)

9.dinos needs care 24/7 

Let's hope for the best and of course they can do all of this just like Rust did.

1 hour ago, Mortalqtr said:

So let's think real quick how awesome it would be if Wildcard release a new update 

*What to do*

1.Fix every obvious bug especially the weapons not reloading one

2.Make the graphics in a whole new level (Not realistic but not childish)

3.Change how we create the character , How they look

4.Make the crafting menu/inventory simple and fast, Just like rust

5.Add more weapons, As example underwater knifes

*Get rid of*

1.Slow transportation around the map (Important flyers are slow for some reason)

2.Big map with alot of unwanted spots

3.Game doesn't have much effects

4.You can't do combats like self defense from small creatures, You can't just grab a small creature and stab him in the neck or slide in between dino legs

5.Character stats are ridiculous

6.Gamma levels and lights in the game are so bad/makes the game more boring

7.Characters/AI are just like inanimates

8.Killing any dino are just hard and waste of time (There is no actions)

9.dinos needs care 24/7 

Let's hope for the best and of course they can do all of this just like Rust did.

Sorry to spoil the ending for you but the princess is in another castle.

I mean a lot of those things probably have mods. There are definitely weapon mods, probably mods that change how you character looks, and there are mods that allow you to speed level flyers to combat slow transport (though there are plenty of really fast dinos- griffins, snow owls, and manas all come to mind). Dinos needing care 24/7 can be remedied with cryopods, or there are mod alternatives if they're not your style. A lot of things are also ini configurable- again, dino care, particularly for babies, can be made much faster/ less demanding. Character and dino stats can be tweaked (you can also make killing dinos easier by boosting the damage stat!). And I think? there's a way to make crafting faster through ini, but I'm not entirely sure. Otherwise, there might be a mod for that.

If the map is an issue? Presuming you're talking about Island- There are 3 other canon maps, 3 non-canon official mod maps, and a huge variety of unnoficial mod maps. They may even have lighting that suits you better (though if you haven't seen Aberration, I'd say it has some of the most beautiful and interesting lighting). You can also change your gamma in settings.

Some things, like bugs, would have to be on WC's end of course, and I think we can all get behind bug fixes. And graphics, well, that's the style WC chose for their game, so I don't think that'd be changing any time in the future. But a lot of the other things, there are ways for you to tweak for yourself, to be like you suggested! ?

19 hours ago, Mortalqtr said:

*What to do*

1.Fix every obvious bug especially the weapons not reloading one Well...yeah

2.Make the graphics in a whole new level (Not realistic but not childish) And how do you achieve this without punishing people who don't have a top notch PC or play on console (like myself)? It's very easy currently for the game to crash when loading mega bases now, increase the graphics and it will be even worse. It's easy to say 'Improve the graphics' but you have to look at it from everybody's point of view not just your own and offer a workable solution if you really want anything to change.

3.Change how we create the character , How they look Change it how? What's wrong with it? You can look like a mutant or a fairly normal looking person currently, plenty of choices.

4.Make the crafting menu/inventory simple and fast, Just like rust Menus are awkward can't deny that but this is such a lazy suggestion. Just play rust then bucko.

5.Add more weapons, As example underwater knifes ? ...Why? Why do I want or need an underwater knife? What possible use would I have for that when there's already a harpoon gun? Have you used all the weapons in this game? I ask because I don't think you'd be saying this if you had a solid shotgun or tek rifle. 

*Get rid of*

1.Slow transportation around the map (Important flyers are slow for some reason) If I remember right this was nerfed because of PvP but I can see the same problem arising due to mega structures since manas move(d) crazy fast and I would logout whenever I tried to zoom past a huge base. So along the same lines of the graphics problem.

2.Big map with alot of unwanted spots Which map are you talking about there are several and most of the newer ones are solid, especially Valguero. I can't tell you how many times I fly around that map and say "ohhhhh that's an amazing spot" and have to talk myself out of building on it simply because I can.

3.Game doesn't have much effects Walk over some mushrooms on abb and see if you can still say that lol There are firework flare guns and glow sticks, have 10 people shooting/throwing those while riding on a party diplo and tell me that's not entertainment.

4.You can't do combats like self defense from small creatures, You can't just grab a small creature and stab him in the neck or slide in between dino legs Seems like you want a small cutscene for these actions or something along those lines? I won't lie that would be pretty cool if this existed in the game but hard to implement. For example lets say you've picked up a jerboa and are in the middle of shanking it like you've suggested then what happens if you didn't see a raptor in the shrubbery and it starts ripping your face off while you're completing that action with the jerboa and you're taking damage while not being able to fight back? Specific example I know but this is ark so the weird crap usually ends up happening.

5.Character stats are ridiculous Some truth to this but how specifically would you change them to make it better? Considering they've made mind wipes less restrictive this is kind of minor issue anymore.

6.Gamma levels and lights in the game are so bad/makes the game more boring Feels like this ties into your graphics request, frankly I keep my gamma cranked at maximum all the time and while it is annoying in the day time I like that I can see crap sneaking up on me in the dark so its worth the trade off. If you think that advantage is boring then keep your settings down low, that's your choice.

7.Characters/AI are just like inanimates Eh? I have no idea what you're saying with this but here is a ferris wheel: ?

8.Killing any dino are just hard and waste of time (There is no actions) Feels like at this point you're just kind of stretching and making very little sense. Killing dinos is not hard if you take the time to tame or raise appropriate dinos that will ensure your survival. When we started new on valgureo my tribe spent 6 hours on the first day berry taming a 145 stego (because raptors can't reach you for the most part) and from there we built up enough narcs to tame a rex and then we were rolling. That's what this game is about so if you're not into it just stick with rust don't try to change this one.

9.dinos needs care 24/7 Unless I feel like playing longer, I log in about every 3 days or so and that's the worst of it for keeping tames alive. A quick meat run and crop plot scraping and I'm able to log back out in short order. There's a reason why the tames can starve and auto decay timers exist. That's because if they didn't then every server would be capped and nobody could play the game.

Let's hope for the best and of course they can do all of this just like Rust did. Or, like it was mentioned before, you could just stick to playing rust? Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Mortalqtr said:

Say whatever you want im right here trying to save this game with no one helping me what a shame.

Most of these things mentioned are complaints about things with no real alternatives or improvements provided. It just comes off as somebody whining about the crap that personally bugs them which is fine, you can totally do that on here but don't pretend you're some kind of crusader that's looking out for everybody by bringing these 'problems' to light. Certainly there are issues that need fixing with this game but you are definitely not the herald that will bring those changes about I can tell you that much.

7 hours ago, LordHotPockets said:

Most of these things mentioned are complaints about things with no real alternatives or improvements provided. It just comes off as somebody whining about the crap that personally bugs them which is fine, you can totally do that on here but don't pretend you're some kind of crusader that's looking out for everybody by bringing these 'problems' to light. Certainly there are issues that need fixing with this game but you are definitely not the herald that will bring those changes about I can tell you that much.

Can I also have a Ferris wheel.. loved your post. ?

17 hours ago, LordHotPockets said:

Alright you’re a pvp player spent 6 hours to tame a stego, Saying the crafting menu is not that good but still saying play rust. If im considering myself as a new player and saw ark in the steam store i will be going to say oh a dinosaur game and i will be thinking of what everyone should think of, Ok started the game i will see wild dinos just moving around with no effects they just move, Get killed with a raptor without having the ability to protect myself except punching it weirdly with weird sound effects, i get the bad music when im dead just so i get more mad, Get rekt by alphas when i spent 1 hr just to build a 2x4 stone base, Ok now i need a argy lets go, 30 minutes to arrive, 30 minutes to find the perfect level, 30 minutes to bring the kibble/meat, 30 minutes to tame, Now he is my argy lets head out to base, 30 minutes and we arrived, Spent 2.5 hrs to tame a argy in pvp so if i want to be a pvp player and have fun in a dinosaur game and i love seeing it improve while i have work and everyone thinks the game is good when its not, Just delete the game right? This is why this game is dead great community.

39 minutes ago, TooSlow said:

Alright you’re a pvp player spent 6 hours to tame a stego, Saying the crafting menu is not that good but still saying play rust. If im considering myself as a new player and saw ark in the steam store i will be going to say oh a dinosaur game and i will be thinking of what everyone should think of, Ok started the game i will see wild dinos just moving around with no effects they just move, Get killed with a raptor without having the ability to protect myself except punching it weirdly with weird sound effects, i get the bad music when im dead just so i get more mad, Get rekt by alphas when i spent 1 hr just to build a 2x4 stone base, Ok now i need a argy lets go, 30 minutes to arrive, 30 minutes to find the perfect level, 30 minutes to bring the kibble/meat, 30 minutes to tame, Now he is my argy lets head out to base, 30 minutes and we arrived, Spent 2.5 hrs to tame a argy in pvp so if i want to be a pvp player and have fun in a dinosaur game and i love seeing it improve while i have work and everyone thinks the game is good when its not, Just delete the game right? This is why this game is dead great community.

Yeah, ARK has quite a high learning curve, but that's just how the game is. That's part of what makes ARK appealing to many people, is the challenge and the satisfaction from overcoming the challenge. Yes, you get attacked by a raptor with no way to defend yourself- So you learn from it, and with the new knowledge, come better prepared next time. And then in later game, you no longer have to fear the raptors, because you've leaned and you've gotten stronger. That progression is satisfying for many people. I actually personally agree that taming and such, and particularly breeding, is unbearably slow with official speeds- which is why you can play on boosted unnoficial servers, or, as I do, singleplayer, where you have complete control over what timer multipliers you have, how powerful you are, etc. That's why ARK is great, because you have a lot of freedom for personal customisation, and the large variety of mods make that customisation options even wider. 

But the fact is, that's personal customisation. The game as it is is just how most people like it. Perhaps ARK as it is isn't exactly how you like it, but the majority of people bought this game, for the game it is, and a lot of the suggestions are just really far from what ARK is, to the point where it would really be a different game. It's be too far from what most people enjoy as ARK. With the wide amount of ability you have for customising ARK, you can make some of these things like you want, for your own experience. And a couple of things would be cool, yeah. New weapons might be fun, and I can't deny that some more 'immersive' combat may be cool- Though as has been pointed out already, that would probably cause more issues than it's worth. But it's just that the majority of things are just too different to the game ARK is, for WC to change it so drastically for the wider playerbase who bought ARK as it is, expecting ARK as it is. Changes that drastic are for personal tweaking and private servers, modding and ini customisation; not a different game being forced on people who bought and have being playing, and enjoy, ARK as it is.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

I have a feeling that TooSlow and Mortalqtr are the same person, using two accounts to approve their own idea.

Also, have you ever considered that ARK is not just about PvP? If you think ARK PvP sucks, then just go play another game. If taming things takes too long, get better taming items, or play on higher rates. Just because you do badly at the game, doesn't mean we need to transform it into Rust, which by the way is complete garbage compared to ARK, in case you didn't catch that earlier.

Yup they are my 2 accounts the other one i use in my phone so yeah and i don't know why you mentioned this btw.

this is a ARK suggestion you are just saying play another game so you're saying i don't have the permission to talk about this game

and btw you seem like you have a problem with me or smth chill out im just giving out ideas :)

1 hour ago, TooSlow said:

Yup they are my 2 accounts the other one i use in my phone so yeah and i don't know why you mentioned this btw.

this is a ARK suggestion you are just saying play another game so you're saying i don't have the permission to talk about this game

and btw you seem like you have a problem with me or smth chill out im just giving out ideas :)

Most people just use one account across devices for a forum unless they're trolling hardcore like another forum I know about. So s/he has a valid reason to bring that up.

If you ask for changes or features taken from another game to add to the current game, then you're better off playing said other game since it has the features you want already established. Especially because a change can be put in and then you don't like it so you wasted your breath and effort because it wasn't up to your standards.

Usually when people give ideas of any sort, its expected to take in all kinds of feedback and criticisms even if you don't like it. No one here is personally attacking you, but clearly you're better off playing Rust rather than trying to add features from it to Ark. Also, a fair bit of your gripes can be solved with unofficial servers as was brought up before (taming/harvesting/imprint times and rates), you take it on the chin if you seriously opt to play on official rates which ask for hours to months of your time.

Lastly, people do play PVE, PVP isn't the only mode there is. And this is coming from someone who's dealt with never being able to last longer than a few days on any unofficial servers because of people with Gigas, Manas, and blueprint Tek Swords blowing up everything while trying to get any sort of beginning shelter situated.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, TheEclipseee said:

Yeah, ARK has quite a high learning curve, but that's just how the game is. That's part of what makes ARK appealing to many people, is the challenge and the satisfaction from overcoming the challenge. Yes, you get attacked by a raptor with no way to defend yourself- So you learn from it, and with the new knowledge, come better prepared next time. And then in later game, you no longer have to fear the raptors, because you've leaned and you've gotten stronger. That progression is satisfying for many people. I actually personally agree that taming and such, and particularly breeding, is unbearably slow with official speeds- which is why you can play on boosted unnoficial servers, or, as I do, singleplayer, where you have complete control over what timer multipliers you have, how powerful you are, etc. That's why ARK is great, because you have a lot of freedom for personal customisation, and the large variety of mods make that customisation options even wider. 

But the fact is, that's personal customisation. The game as it is is just how most people like it. Perhaps ARK as it is isn't exactly how you like it, but the majority of people bought this game, for the game it is, and a lot of the suggestions are just really far from what ARK is, to the point where it would really be a different game. It's be too far from what most people enjoy as ARK. With the wide amount of ability you have for customising ARK, you can make some of these things like you want, for your own experience. And a couple of things would be cool, yeah. New weapons might be fun, and I can't deny that some more 'immersive' combat may be cool- Though as has been pointed out already, that would probably cause more issues than it's worth. But it's just that the majority of things are just too different to the game ARK is, for WC to change it so drastically for the wider playerbase who bought ARK as it is, expecting ARK as it is. Changes that drastic are for personal tweaking and private servers, modding and ini customisation; not a different game being forced on people who bought and have being playing, and enjoy, ARK as it is.

7 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

I find the game fun, and many other people do. It's not "dead."

You clearly don't find it fun. Fair enough, you have your own opinion and it's to be respected.

But then you come here and suggest all that crap and say "make it good like Rust."

How would you feel if I started suggesting crappy changes to Rust so that I would enjoy the game, while the main playerbase would not? Would you agree with my opinions, even if they are complete garbage? Or would you tell me to go play other games if I don't enjoy Rust?

Alright rust is not good to be fair i play it from 2014 but what i meant is rust changed the whole game you can see Rust legacy how bad it was, So mentioning rust is me trying to let the community knows that there is hope on reviving this game, And this game is dead its obvious. 

This game is fun but needs more updates that is the reason why i made this whole thing to give ideas maybe there is alot of them are bad i can't deny that.

What is the issue with seeing the dinos move just like they used to do in real life, And why the movements are always the same.

Archived