Is Genesis beginner friendly?

Kharneth

On 1/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, Kharneth said:

That's why I'm greatly considering it. Will people be able to transfer their characters to Genesis? 

I'm not worried about the story because I'm not even going to get any story out of Genesis. 

As a new player, if Genesis will be transfer-locked for 3-4 months that's a huge incentive for me to purchase and play it. I really want to start off on a server on the same footing as everyone else for once. That'd be really cool. I'll still be solo, but the map will be both barren and unexplored. Just the aspect of discovering it while it's still undiscovered is cool in and of itself. 

yeah, so if you want to start on the same foot as everyone els then go to genesis, its going to be fair to everyone and noone knows the map ( besides the admins ) lol. but try not to be solo because after thoese 3-4 months transfer open into a hole new world

Any map is only as easy or hard as the area you are currently in. Maybe you can say abberation was inherently harder because no flyers, but it still had beginner areas with few dangers.

Genesis looks very interesting. It would be a mistake to miss out on it because youre worried about it being too hard. Just progress slow and steady and you'll be fine.

@OP

There's no way to answer that, period.  It "could" be the hardest map yet, or it "could" be the most beginner friendly map yet.  Nobody has that information except the Devs who haven't given us an iota of real info in months.  We got to see the goodies and you can youtube the ark stuff, but then it just went radio silent.  So your guess is good as anyone else's at this point. 

On 1/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, Kharneth said:

I'm a beginner and am stuck between focusing on progressing through the island and maybe checking out Valguero, too, or going to Genesis when it's released with the thought that lots of other players will be there too and I'll find people to play with more easily. 

What do you guys think? Should I just worry about Genesis later or would it be a good opportunity to be a part of a map on release? I jumped into this game really late so I've never been around for a map release where a lot of things are unknown to everyone. 

The answer to your questions is YES.

Each and every map have beginner areas to start of. 

Yes there will be multitude of people, returning players, new players.

Yes there will be plenty of tribes looking for new members, you can start searching for tribe from now, or even get acquainted with discord and join ark communities plenty of info there. Make plenty of connections get to know people and even if you make one solid friend this year it will be great.  Gettin in the right place, with the right people is an adventure on its own. 

All servers will be overpopulated, so there will be an issue to  join servers at peak times and there will be queues for days.

Going solo on new map, and stay solo expect to get wiped daily.

Transfers of existing characters is open so expect to get murdered by players lvl 135 from day one.

Data transfers "out" will open after a month or so. Data transfers "in" will open three to four months later.

It's a great opportunity to be a part of a map on release, i strongly advise it, it's just so fun.

Good luck & Have fun!

we are a group vetran players looking to recruit seriuos players or olders players to join our oficial genesis server we have a discord and some streamers our goal is to grow strong as a server so when they open for full transfers we can defend as a whole server  let me know if ur interested we can chat on discord all we ask is that u have fun and respect the allience of the server dont do anythign u wouldnt do to ur self be respectfull and happy surviving

39 minutes ago, T3hm3x said:

we are a group vetran players looking to recruit seriuos players or olders players to join our oficial genesis server we have a discord and some streamers our goal is to grow strong as a server so when they open for full transfers we can defend as a whole server  let me know if ur interested we can chat on discord all we ask is that u have fun and respect the allience of the server dont do anythign u wouldnt do to ur self be respectfull and happy surviving

1. You could've just made a post about this and you would've gotten more attention.

2. What kind of server? Platform?

I am a little late, but I would assume that Genesis will not be very friendly to beginners. Quite frankly no one but the developers will truly know until it is here, but having to guess means a no from me. Then again, I don't play PVP. Everyone has already mentioned the story and if it particularly mattered to you I doubt we would have this same forum discussion. Play them in whatever order you feel comfortable with, but I personally like the feeling of "ramping up" the maps in order.

That all being said, there is something special about being apart of a launch and having a new DLC to explore. Something special enough to some to outweigh the hardships. I imagine solo PVP has taught you a thing or two about that, positives and negatives aside,  and when it comes down to the bottom line it is ultimately the same structure and gameplay on every map no matter the differences. Flip a coin if you have to. You don't have much to lose if you were going to buy the DLC anyway.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, SnowboundGem said:

I'm going back to my chemo you go back to asking your questions. I simply responded to a question. I'm not confused by my thoughts more your answers which contradict and confuse the person responding.

honestly didn't care about the argument you and the other person were having but i read this and was like "what the hell does chemo have to do with the argument?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:16 AM, Kharneth said:

I'm a beginner and am stuck between focusing on progressing through the island and maybe checking out Valguero, too, or going to Genesis when it's released with the thought that lots of other players will be there too and I'll find people to play with more easily. 

What do you guys think? Should I just worry about Genesis later or would it be a good opportunity to be a part of a map on release? I jumped into this game really late so I've never been around for a map release where a lot of things are unknown to everyone. 

Partially yes but the lunar biome would be a endgame biome which would require a Tek suite or a astronaut suite (Possible New Armour) to survive since your oxygen will be one of the main concerns due to it slowly depleting so you might want to focus on getting all your Tekgrams unlocked and craft them before going to the lunar biome just for pre cautions.

On 1/10/2020 at 3:16 AM, Kharneth said:

I think it might  be better for you to progress through the game and get some boss fights under your belt for the experience before hitting Genesis.  Also do the ascension bosses to get your extra character levels :)

8 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I hope it isn't beginner friendly. aberration was the best expansion because of how difficult it was to progress in and you often had so many bad starts.  Extinction was too easy.

Lol I think it’s the other way around. I progressed more easily in aberration and though extinction was hard

1 hour ago, mackyish3r3 said:

Lol I think it’s the other way around. I progressed more easily in aberration and though extinction was hard

I started in both maps fresh with no transfers. I found the city in extinction to be fairly easy and there were no serious environmental hazards to look out for.  in abberation i was constantly being harrassed by predators no matter where i started and i remember at one point looking out of my wooden house at like 20-30 death pile light shafts.  Of course my experience is from the perspective of playing on a lightly populated  unmodded unofficial server with rates comparable to the evo weekend.  I am sure some people will wish to disregard my experience as "not real" but i figured i'd be honest.

6 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I started in both maps fresh with no transfers. I found the city in extinction to be fairly easy and there were no serious environmental hazards to look out for.  in abberation i was constantly being harrassed by predators no matter where i started and i remember at one point looking out of my wooden house at like 20-30 death pile light shafts.  Of course my experience is from the perspective of playing on a lightly populated  unmodded unofficial server with rates comparable to the evo weekend.  I am sure some people will wish to disregard my experience as "not real" but i figured i'd be honest.

On an unrelated note, I hate kapros with a passion. 

7 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Hahaha I remember waking up in Portal and a basilisk was eating ppl as they spawned was a glorious scene!!then a box tribe lured a reaper king to our Lil stone house I set in the base terrified lol watching it biting through my walls xD

7 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Hahaha I remember waking up in Portal and a basilisk was eating ppl as they spawned was a glorious scene!!then a box tribe lured a reaper king to our Lil stone house I set in the base terrified lol watching it biting through my walls xD

I remember my first basilisk, i thought it was a new resource so tried to pick it, then fled back to my house, not knowing how well they could climb, i didn't have a roof on yet so the basilisk took over my house until he eventually decided to despawn or someone else killed it/lured it away i don't know.  all i know is i just decided to built a new house elsewhere and let him have it.

I think my worst harrassers were ravagers. they systematically destroyed everything i had until i could saddle a spino.

2 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I remember my first basilisk, i thought it was a new resource so tried to pick it, then fled back to my house, not knowing how well they could climb, i didn't have a roof on yet so the basilisk took over my house until he eventually decided to despawn or someone else killed it/lured it away i don't know.  all i know is i just decided to built a new house elsewhere and let him have it.

I think my worst harrassers were ravagers. they systematically destroyed everything i had until i could saddle a spino.

All because of bleed. They might as well have given bleed to Raptors while they were at it. 

Archived