Is Genesis beginner friendly?

Kharneth

Is Genesis beginner friendly?

I'm a beginner and am stuck between focusing on progressing through the island and maybe checking out Valguero, too, or going to Genesis when it's released with the thought that lots of other players will be there too and I'll find people to play with more easily. 

What do you guys think? Should I just worry about Genesis later or would it be a good opportunity to be a part of a map on release? I jumped into this game really late so I've never been around for a map release where a lot of things are unknown to everyone. 

It will probably be extremely difficult compared to most other maps. The areas we have been shown(Volcano, Deep Ocean, Bog, Lunar, and Tundra) all seem to be more extreme than others we've encountered aside from the Murder Snow and Surface of Abb. The creatures also seem to be more deadly, with beasts like the Magmasaur and Bloodstalker lurking in the shadows. 

Just now, TimeBomb2003 said:

well if you don't care about following the story of ark, by going through the island, scorched earth, aberration then extinction, it would probably be best to go ahead and play genesis when it comes out, so you don't have to worry about spoilers

There's no practical way that'll happen with me playing by myself, but idc about spoilers and it's easy enough to just not read them. I've already checked out the story. 

1 minute ago, Qwertymine said:

It will probably be extremely difficult compared to most other maps. The areas we have been shown(Volcano, Deep Ocean, Bog, Lunar, and Tundra) all seem to be more extreme than others we've encountered aside from the Murder Snow and Surface of Abb. The creatures also seem to be more deadly, with beasts like the Magmasaur and Bloodstalker lurking in the shadows. 

I mean... I kinda feel like they were just showing off the big baddies and that the majority of the map isn't going to be like that. It did say it was a water-heavy map. When the map opens how will it work for most players? Will everyone be level 1 or will most people just jump in with a current character? And I'm assuming tribes will enter the new map in groups.

1 hour ago, Kharneth said:

I mean... I kinda feel like they were just showing off the big baddies and that the majority of the map isn't going to be like that. It did say it was a water-heavy map. When the map opens how will it work for most players? Will everyone be level 1 or will most people just jump in with a current character? And I'm assuming tribes will enter the new map in groups.

Most people will likely transfer an already existing survivor for story purposes. I know I'm gonna. Tribes will already be pre-existing, and get the jump in progress due to it. 

1 hour ago, Kharneth said:

There's no practical way that'll happen with me playing by myself, but idc about spoilers and it's easy enough to just not read them. I've already checked out the story. 

It's more than possible alone. Just takes time and patience and lots of breeding for boss Dino's to help you complete the map and ascend to the next.

36 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

On a PvP map? 

Your original post which I checked just now and before I posted didn't state PvP.. I'm not a mind reader... so my answer now would be to suggest maybe team or alliances could form. It helps those who answer if you include that information in your first post.

1 minute ago, SnowboundGem said:

Your original post which I checked just now and before I posted didn't state PvP.. I'm not a mind reader... so my answer now would be to suggest maybe team or alliances could form. It helps those who answer if you include that information in your first post.

I mean, PvP is the default so I figured it'd go without saying because I didn't specify single player or PvE mode. But either way, I'd like to go through the story but I can still play Genesis and return to my island character here and there and then after Genesis. 

Team/alliance is a no-go. It's best to assume I'll be solo because I'm unlikely to find a tribe/group of people to play with. That's sort of why I'm thinking Genesis might be worth it because if everyone jumps on then I'm thinking there'll be a lot of activity and people to team up with. Realistically, I can't see myself beating the island for at least a couple months, so I don't really care if it happens now or later in the year. I'm still slowly progressing through early game and figuring it all out. The game's very hard alone so if Genesis is not likely to yield many more friends than any other server than it's not worth it. Do you know what Valguero was like when it was first released? Was it flooded?

i think island and then going to SE, ab, ext would be your best move because. Genesis comes after ext and this probably means that you missed alot of the story so far. If you dont care about story that much. then go into genesis and look for like fights and stuff. and also you will get fair advantage because everyone is going to be starting at the same time. 

18 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Most people will likely transfer an already existing survivor for story purposes. I know I'm gonna. Tribes will already be pre-existing, and get the jump in progress due to it. 

You mean after the 3-4 month wait period when the servers launch ? because Wildcard doesn't want a bunch of sweaty no life neckbeards clogging up the new servers to destroy new people lol 

6 minutes ago, THEl3gnd said:

i think island and then going to SE, ab, ext would be your best move because. Genesis comes after ext and this probably means that you missed alot of the story so far. If you dont care about story that much. then go into genesis and look for like fights and stuff. and also you will get fair advantage because everyone is going to be starting at the same time. 

That's why I'm greatly considering it. Will people be able to transfer their characters to Genesis? 

I'm not worried about the story because I'm not even going to get any story out of Genesis. 

As a new player, if Genesis will be transfer-locked for 3-4 months that's a huge incentive for me to purchase and play it. I really want to start off on a server on the same footing as everyone else for once. That'd be really cool. I'll still be solo, but the map will be both barren and unexplored. Just the aspect of discovering it while it's still undiscovered is cool in and of itself. 

Very few randoms join a new map to stay on the map they initially spawn into some just want to get on the map. They play for a bit explore pillar & grief and move onto where they want to be. Some stay to play some just abandon it there.

You spawn naked and still have to build up. 

Transfer lock is a given it always happens no point it trying to speculate otherwise.

PvP not a suggested/default option for me I have played on both Xbox and pc on the servers never been auto locked PvP, pve or otherwise. I have to check a box. So again default option wasn't a given to how the post was phrased.

Why not go back to when extinction launched on the servers and read the same questions you are asking now.. the answers will be the same. 

Tribes make it work because they all spawn onto one server to tribe up. Loads of them against one of you.

If you are solo and intend to stay that way the odds won't change because it's a new map. Same players, same play tactics. Same questions each new map.

1 minute ago, SnowboundGem said:

Very few randoms join a new map to stay on the map they initially spawn into some just want to get on the map. They play for a bit explore pillar & grief and move onto where they want to be. Some stay to play some just abandon it there.

You spawn naked and still have to build up. 

Transfer lock is a given it always happens no point it trying to speculate otherwise.

PvP not a suggested/default option for me I have played on both Xbox and pc on the servers never been auto locked PvP, pve or otherwise. I have to check a box. So again default option wasn't a given to how the post was phrased.

Why not go back to when extinction launched on the servers and read the same questions you are asking now.. the answers will be the same. 

Tribes make it work because they all spawn onto one server to tribe up. Loads of them against one of you.

If you are solo and intend to stay that way the odds won't change because it's a new map. Same players, same play tactics. Same questions each new map.

The full game is multiplayer PvP, anything less is added restrictions to that. 

It won't be loads of them against me. If there are tribes I might find one I belong with. I have tribes on my server and they don't bother me at all. The whole reason for thinking Genesis might be a good idea is precisely because lots of tribes will be going there and so I might be able to find people to play with. The alternative is staying where I am, which is solo on the island with a low pop server. 

I'm finding it hard to find an answer for you as you seem to be arguing both sides against yourself because I don't care about servers I find them unbalanced.

I offered an opinion on playing through a map being achievable solo, PvP isn't a given option for a game with multiple play styles. MMO advertised as when I bought it 3 years ago.

I could not care less if want to go solo, tribe now or in six years you asked a question. I answered the bit I could advise on.

It will be loads of tribed against a single player it always is they drive you off the map same as they always have. read the forums you won't auto be accepted by people they won't know you, they won't trust you hence.. tribe now before it drops get yourself known or go it alone.. get it or don't get it it's just other people's thoughts an opinions.. listen to them or not your choice..

Servers work the same way every time a DLC drops.. again read back to other dlc drops.. same problems and questions every year.

Seriously consider other peoples thoughts or play styles are not always the same as yours when asking an opinion or asking a question. State in original post saves confusion and saves people time responding.

14 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I'm finding it hard to find an answer for you as you seem to be arguing both sides against yourself because I don't care about servers I find them unbalanced.

Lol of course I'm arguing both sides, I'm split between the two. 

My experience in this game, as every game I've ever played, is drastically different from how the game's are talked about on forums. I've never had an issue with tribes or the trust of other players in this game. There's every kind of person and I plan accordingly. If discussing my decision with me is too much work for you than don't bother. This thread is for people willing to provide their opinion and insight in relation to my inquiries. Posts are never perfect and there's always someone who criticizes it for not having the correct information presented. 

I provided an opinion I answered your questions I won't bother in future something I'm learning from dealing with the forums.. people seem to argue both sides of their own question then get annoyed with responses.

But yet you want opinions one way or another to sway you.. I have explained what happens on the servers in detail you have an issue accepting or understanding it so see it for yourself when it drops.. I will save myself any further thought on it.

I didn't criticise anyone I explained a simple point.. save your feelings let's just move on I answered you didn't like it. Not my problem. That's life.

Just now, SnowboundGem said:

I provided an opinion I answered your questions I won't bother in future something I'm learning from dealing with the forums.. people seem to argue both sides of their own question. But you want opinions one way or another to sway you.. I have explained what happens on the servers in detail you have an issue accepting or understanding it so see it for yourself when it drops.. I will save myself any further thought on it.

You seem to be confused about what's going on. I'm asking questions and providing information about myself while you're answering and providing me insight into what's going to happen. So i'm listening and responding to what you're saying. I'm not arguing, I'm providing the points for each side. 

I think you're upset because I haven't merely accepted what you've said and because our experiences aren't identical. I'm not looking for opinions to sway me, I'm just interested in learning what they are so I can use them as factors in my decision-making. You have explained in good detail and I've understood it.

Just now, SnowboundGem said:

I'm going back to my chemo you go back to asking your questions. I simply responded to a question. I'm not confused by my thoughts more your answers which contradict and confuse the person responding.

The only one confused was you and we cleared it up with one quick reply so I'm not sure what the issue was. I can't know all of the things commenters will want to know about my situation, that's why they ask. It's not that big of a deal to have a back and forth. 

Archived