Legacy 2 ETA?

C0tt0N

3 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

They have zero reason to make a new legacy. They only made legacy in the first place cause of the game launching.

From what Ive read they made legacy to start fresh during launching of the game because of the massive amount of duping that was going on. And the fact that there is massive duping again is why some people are anticipating another legacy could be coming.

5 hours ago, Piffguru said:

From what Ive read they made legacy to start fresh during launching of the game because of the massive amount of duping that was going on. And the fact that there is massive duping again is why some people are anticipating another legacy could be coming.

No they made legacy so as not to alienate the playerbase who didn't want to lose all their progress just because the game officially launched. The wiping their hands of the rampant duping on legacy was just a plus.

13 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

They have zero reason to make a new legacy.

You mean besides the massive amounts of duping and cheating that has been happening since day 1?

Unless they somehow manage to make a script that can identify duplicated items and remove them, that works with the current code they have written, then duping will be around forever. You can't stop people from duping, their best chance is to be able to identify duped items.

If they can't create a script to work with their current code, then they will have to rewrite how items are aqquired, giving each stack its own unique ID, and each item in the stack its own unique ID, that can be assigned from and compared to a database shared by every server in the cluster. Which would do nothing for the servers that are currently running and already have billions of items untagged. So they would have to become Legacy 2. That's just my thinking anyway, im not claiming to know what im talking about and is why im asking for opinions here.

Also...  it is wildcard, so i suppose you're right. There's no money in fixing the duping, so why bother unless its easy and has a low cost to implement.

4 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

No they made legacy so as not to alienate the playerbase who didn't want to lose all their progress just because the game officially launched. The wiping their hands of the rampant duping on legacy was just a plus.

It can't really be a plus when they deal with it just as much now. You ever been on small tribes? Massive amounts of duping going on, shops that sell in game duped items, meks and dinos for real currrency. Bots that advertise these shops discords in game. Certain Extinction servers constantly dcing and rolling back, several times in a row.  I haven't played on official but i imagine its the same, just harder to find since there are so many more servers. But I've seen the term "dupe wars" thrown around more than once.

Archived