What is stoppping you from purchasing genesis?

nameless

17 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Im shouting out unreal expectations?  You even reading what your replying to it highly seems that your not.

wildcard fix something in a timely fashion?  you haven't been playing ark long have you?

Ironically, your bashing wildcard in your posts at the same time your attempting to defend them.

You really should go back and actually read what your replying to, Crying lol, tooo funny.  No im making people aware.

They have, several actually, and guess what? those games are just as bugged as this one, ironic isn't it?

Your really getting off the reason I'm telling people to hold off purchasing it and trying to turn it into some other delusional reason then what was originally stated.  But if you really want to get into wildcards track record with game coding we can....

I already know about them but compare genesis to those.

Does it really seem that bad? Your still in the wrong here.

Genesis didn't completely break other maps like Extinction did to the center and how back then you could swim through lava island and like I stated Extinction is the exact same layout as Scorched Earth and Aberration so unlike Genesis there is no excuse for raptoring up at this stage.

Scorched Earth like I stated is basically useless considering you can just play ragnarok and get everything from there for free so genesis at least has value unlike Scorched.

Atlas was a complete poopshow however I do think this ties into the executives and not so much the developers because let's be honest Jeremy and Jesse are abit bad at their jobs and they were split right down the middle due to Extinction.

Everything has been their fault, they allowed ragnarok to ruin scorched, they chose to abandon extinction for atlas which as I predicted ended up raptoring them both over.

And when you compare it Genesis isn't that bad for the approach it was taking, it had a full team, it has plenty of unique mechanics to keep people interested, and the maps and creatures themselves are absolutely beautiful and I for one love the new mission system and think it's a interesting take on gameplay.

There are problems however that I can acknowledge such as the server issues, the fact they added fliers but we cant actually use them, some things are abit vague so players have abit of a tough time figuring things out, and I do think it's absolutely ridiculous that you can't buy Genesis Part 1 and Genesis Part 2 separately.

HOWEVER with all this in mind ultimately it's not completely unplayable like some people are making it out to be.

You can have your preferences however half of your points are just absolutely ridiculous.

Yes there is bugs and issues at launch just like every other expansion pack or game however for once they didn't do so bad, hopefully they will fix the issues however right now it's too early to tell so I'm looking at it from the perspective of its brand new and a brand new take so just give it some time and see where it goes from there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

I already know about them but compare genesis to those.

Does it really seem that bad? Your still in the wrong here.

[sniped read previous post]

Yes there is bugs and issues at launch just like every other expansion pack or game however for once they didn't do so bad, hopefully they will fix the issues however right now it's too early to tell so I'm looking at it from the perspective of its brand new and a brand new take so just give it some time and see where it goes from there.

all those extra returns in your posts are quite annoying.

I'm in the wrong because I say don't buy it because they lack the proper number of servers for the players who purchased currently?  lol your funny.

BTW... the majority of your entire comment (and previous comments) read as "All of wildcards DLC have been crap, but buy Genesis!"

11 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

all those extra returns in your posts are quite annoying.

I'm in the wrong because I say don't buy it because they lack the proper number of servers for the players who purchased currently?  lol your funny.

BTW... the majority of your entire comment (and previous comments) read as "All of wildcards DLC have been crap, but buy Genesis!"

I'm sure they can fix the server issue so yea your in the wrong especially considering it isn't even a week later and they are probably still working on bug fixes so yea obviously they can't just fix the game at the snap of their fingers.

And clearly you haven't been reading them because if you were you would clearly see that I don't think genesis is perfect and if you dont want to buy it then don't however yes I definitely think your over exaggerating things considering it is a new take.

If you don't like genesis then that's fine and if you dont want to buy it then fair enough however I just can't agree with your first reason and I do think the second one can be fixed with enough time.

Also your the one who wanted to bring up wildcards history so I did it for you and I didn't say all other expansion packs now did I? Did I say aberration? No because it's not that bad compared to scorched earth and extinction and I will give it credit where credit is due.

Personally I love Extinction because growing up a watched kaiju movies like Godzilla so if anything I'm biased to Extinction however I can completely understand why people don't like it.

Scorched Earth could have been really cool too however Ragnarok definitely ruined it so it's not like I'm saying their bad for absolutely no reason other than "their slightly bugged and have afew issues".

1 hour ago, Scribelord said:

I mean genesis isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is and I honestly think its abit over exaggerated.

Yes it released with bugs but so what? They were trying something new so cut them some slack, for example Extinction released with a poopload of bugs and it was the same old as the last expansion packs like aberration and scorched earth so what excuse does it have?

That's knida the thing - it's as bad as we expect at this point, similar to other DLCs. Rushed, unfinished, buggy and poorly thought through in many cases. But also quite boring. Everything in it is just an excuse to test in-game currency in preparation to microtransactions.

Some players can still enjoy it and have fun despite all that and that's cool, but I can't.

3 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

That's knida the thing - it's as bad as we expect at this point, similar to other DLCs. Rushed, unfinished, buggy and poorly thought through in many cases. But also quite boring. Everything in it is just an excuse to test in-game currency in preparation to microtransactions.

Some players can still enjoy it and have fun despite all that and that's cool, but I can't.

Nah I think if they wanted to add micro transactions then they would have done it already, they kind of already did with the tek creature skins but nobody really cared about those so I don't really think they'd try that again.

Sure you could argue the Expansion Packs are micro transactions but I think those are worth the price (except for Scorched Earth which is literally just the map and that's it because you can get everything else from Ragnarok for free) because we get new maps, new creatures, new bosses and new items.

Here is my review on Genesis with roughly 40+ hours under my belt in it since release.

Biomes

The classification system of the biome is not only wrong, but misleading. I did however  spent a good 6-8 hours trying to start at level 1 in every biome to prove it was possible. It's doable for all of them, yet some such as the lunar are for seasoned players only.

Ocean (easiest) :
You'll always start on one of the stone pillars filled with bushes, trees and sometimes stone/salt rocks. If you can't find stone, throw yourself off the pillar and just swim to another pillar/sea floor, there are some stone to be collected by hand.  Cool thing is the ocean biome let's you swim much faster than on other maps and regen your stam at the expanse of oxygen while in water.

Once you have your pickaxe, it gets much easier as you can farm anything on the sea floor such as corals (yield stone/flint/metal) and metal nodes deep down below. Large shrooms will give you rare mushrooms as well as fungal wood. Pearls are only found in very specific locations of the biome, in fairly deep areas, thus dangerous.

Volcanic (medium) :
Magmasaurs are a little tricky as they tend to aggro from afar (too much in my opinion), but nothing impossible to handle. I'm more annoyed by the collision boxes (meshes) of some rocks/trees.

Water ponds are idea build spots for cooler temps as well as dealing with magmasaurs with ease. Metal nodes, oil nodes/veins and obsidian are abondant, as well as water for your agricultural needs. Crystal in this biome can only be found deep down the volcano. Biggest threats besides X-Rexes and X-Allos are random basilisks and purlovias.

Arctic (medium) :
The only realy challenge offered by this biome is the relentless cold. Nothing that can't be handled by campfires/torches. As usual for snow themed zones, wolves/yuties are the norm here. Ressources are ok, but trips have to be small in order to heal up in between each round.

Pretty fun to see that some ideas I discussed on these forums and implemented in my ice-themed prototype map ended up here, such as snowstorms, etc.

Bog (hard) :
Far from being the easiest biome. Filled with sarcos, kapros, baryonyxes, spinos and raptors and INSECT SWARMS... These things are not challenging, they are broken and will follow you through the mesh...

They can be dispatched easily from 3rd person, but I can’t imagine the pain for servers with the option disabled altogether. Complaining aside, metal nodes are to be found in specific locations, yet large patches (usually under large trees). Same thing for crystal, which seems to be very rare in other biomes.

This biome is a fun yet frustrating challenge at times, but everything can be accomplished. Navigation is the hardest part of it imo.

Lunar (hardest) :
Unending waves of drones, tek dinos and reapers... let alone the sun radiation. This place seems to be a mix of aberration/extinction. Navigating around is far easier than on the other biomes because of the lower gravity and impressives jumps resulting.

You must pay attention to your health there because of the extreme cold temps. Plenty of ressources, but that comes at the price of constant threats.

That sums it up for my biome review. Really, they failed again with a poor classification system as we saw with Aberration (Portal anyone?). For the rest, I believe they pulled it off really well in terms of detailing and uniqueness to each one of them.

However, the biomes are extremely small, especially if you admin-spawn a flyer in SP to scout around the different locations ahead of time. I’ll plead guilty for being trapped in the hype but I truly expected island-sized biome for each one of them, not a mere 15-20% size of it. I think the no-flyer restricition was their idea of hiding the fact that biomes are indeed so small.

Creatures

I can’t speak about the Bloodstalker and the Ferox because I’ve yet to encounter them during my gametime as I didn’t went looking for them specifically. Astrocetus is an endgame tame, so I didn’t bothered just yet.

Megachelon :
Again, a lot of hype went into some of the creatures and the biggest deception remains the megachelon (giant turtle) because mainly of its relatively small size. It’s also a bugged mess to tame right now.

The air bubble on its back is neat and I can easily envision it as a mobile FOB for water based attacks on the Island/Raganrok tribes. It has however very weak offensive capabilities.

Magmasaur :
Love the design of the creature as well as its overall apperance. Ranged weapons are almost mandatory to kill it in its element. Key is baiting it into a water pond to render it sluggish and neutralize its fire abilities, then proceed with a creature or a sword.

The aggro on this thing is extremely large and i twill relentlessly follow you unless you get it stuck somewhere. I think its main ranged fire attack needs to be toned down as you pretty much need 140-150% speed in order to avoid being caught in the blast radius.

X-Creatures :

Who knows if it’s a typo or not from the dev team, but these creatures all have a 60% damage reduction from tamed creatures. They do tame just like regular creatures at the same rates (except more tranqs/darts needed).

I’ve seen some players report a stats difference with regular ones in the magnitude of -4% hp for +4% dmg, in the same fashion as Aberration. Don’t quote me on those numbers as I’ve yet to test them personnaly. Math aside, they look gorgeous, especially the volcanic ones!

HLNA Market  & Items :
I tested the lootcrates and the T1 isn’t worth the 10k asked. I got a mere 24 hard poly, 40 spark, a lazarus chowder and a fria cury from the first one…  Overall, I’d drop the cost of lootcrates by half considering their contents isn’t worth the asking price individually.

There must be a typo I’m 100% sure with the electronic at 1250 hexagons for 1… I’ll just buy pearls instead and craft it for a fraction of the price.

Some items I believe don’t belong there such as black pearls (acquired from eurypterids in ocean biome), absorbent substrate (high lvl craft), rare mushrooms (ocean biome) /flowers (bog biome), just so to force players to explore the map and not just base themselves in a single location.

I’ll conceed that being able to get 300 free hexagons for hailing HLNA every 30 mins is a nice touch if you don’t feel like chasing glitches right off the bath.

More of a question, but how the hell are we supposed to make tek gear if we can’t make the dang replicatior?!?!

Regarding the mining drill, this item needs to be toned down a LOT. As of now, it reduces the weight of your entire inventory by 4 as long as you wield the drill turned on/off. I can literally walk around with 700+ metal in my pockets (400 wgt character) which is absurd and render most farming dinos useless.

Missions :
Cool concept, but a lot left to be desired. I attempted to do the « Allo and Goodbye » gamma mission in the volcanic biome and got demolished in not time. Finding and following the tracks is not much of a problem. Dealing a with trio of lvl 280+ X-Allos is the problem… in a gamma mission.

Will report more on missions as I complete them.

Lore :
From a lore pespective, I’m more than satisfied by the delivered product. I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet , but I’ll say this. Despite being called the « Master Controller », you can easily deduce by all the glitches and the text during the  actual fight who the main antagonist is. At the end of the day, it all fit together very well and that post-fight scene, is the cherry on top of the icing!

Conclusion :
If you are a PvP player on either types of servers (official/unofficial) you’ll need the DLC, just so to remain competitive with the new creatures and tek gear.

For the PvE crowd on official, I’d wait until the dust settle down because there is a lot of drama about no OC/Asia servers and mass pillaring of the already limited build spots. If you are patient and want to enjoy the whole Genesis adventure, please do.

If you play on PvE unofficial, go ahead and play it. It has a lot to offer in terms of content to be done as it is very different from the previous DLCs.

I believe a lot of hype and marketing went into this DLC. However, I must conceed that WC dropped the ball about not communicating a lot of key elements of the expansion, such as the no-flyer restriction, the ridiculous size of the biomes, among other things.

On the flip side, I feel the product is far more polished and tested than the Extinction mess we received. Managarms, titans, owls, meks among other things….

On 2/28/2020 at 11:05 AM, Darkholis said:

Here is my review on Genesis with roughly 40+ hours under my belt in it since release.

Biomes

The classification system of the biome is not only wrong, but misleading. I did however  spent a good 6-8 hours trying to start at level 1 in every biome to prove it was possible. It's doable for all of them, yet some such as the lunar are for seasoned players only.

Ocean (easiest) :
You'll always start on one of the stone pillars filled with bushes, trees and sometimes stone/salt rocks. If you can't find stone, throw yourself off the pillar and just swim to another pillar/sea floor, there are some stone to be collected by hand.  Cool thing is the ocean biome let's you swim much faster than on other maps and regen your stam at the expanse of oxygen while in water.

Once you have your pickaxe, it gets much easier as you can farm anything on the sea floor such as corals (yield stone/flint/metal) and metal nodes deep down below. Large shrooms will give you rare mushrooms as well as fungal wood. Pearls are only found in very specific locations of the biome, in fairly deep areas, thus dangerous.

Volcanic (medium) :
Magmasaurs are a little tricky as they tend to aggro from afar (too much in my opinion), but nothing impossible to handle. I'm more annoyed by the collision boxes (meshes) of some rocks/trees.

Water ponds are idea build spots for cooler temps as well as dealing with magmasaurs with ease. Metal nodes, oil nodes/veins and obsidian are abondant, as well as water for your agricultural needs. Crystal in this biome can only be found deep down the volcano. Biggest threats besides X-Rexes and X-Allos are random basilisks and purlovias.

Arctic (medium) :
The only realy challenge offered by this biome is the relentless cold. Nothing that can't be handled by campfires/torches. As usual for snow themed zones, wolves/yuties are the norm here. Ressources are ok, but trips have to be small in order to heal up in between each round.

Pretty fun to see that some ideas I discussed on these forums and implemented in my ice-themed prototype map ended up here, such as snowstorms, etc.

Bog (hard) :
Far from being the easiest biome. Filled with sarcos, kapros, baryonyxes, spinos and raptors and INSECT SWARMS... These things are not challenging, they are broken and will follow you through the mesh...

They can be dispatched easily from 3rd person, but I can’t imagine the pain for servers with the option disabled altogether. Complaining aside, metal nodes are to be found in specific locations, yet large patches (usually under large trees). Same thing for crystal, which seems to be very rare in other biomes.

This biome is a fun yet frustrating challenge at times, but everything can be accomplished. Navigation is the hardest part of it imo.

Lunar (hardest) :
Unending waves of drones, tek dinos and reapers... let alone the sun radiation. This place seems to be a mix of aberration/extinction. Navigating around is far easier than on the other biomes because of the lower gravity and impressives jumps resulting.

You must pay attention to your health there because of the extreme cold temps. Plenty of ressources, but that comes at the price of constant threats.

That sums it up for my biome review. Really, they failed again with a poor classification system as we saw with Aberration (Portal anyone?). For the rest, I believe they pulled it off really well in terms of detailing and uniqueness to each one of them.

However, the biomes are extremely small, especially if you admin-spawn a flyer in SP to scout around the different locations ahead of time. I’ll plead guilty for being trapped in the hype but I truly expected island-sized biome for each one of them, not a mere 15-20% size of it. I think the no-flyer restricition was their idea of hiding the fact that biomes are indeed so small.

Creatures

I can’t speak about the Bloodstalker and the Ferox because I’ve yet to encounter them during my gametime as I didn’t went looking for them specifically. Astrocetus is an endgame tame, so I didn’t bothered just yet.

Megachelon :
Again, a lot of hype went into some of the creatures and the biggest deception remains the megachelon (giant turtle) because mainly of its relatively small size. It’s also a bugged mess to tame right now.

The air bubble on its back is neat and I can easily envision it as a mobile FOB for water based attacks on the Island/Raganrok tribes. It has however very weak offensive capabilities.

Magmasaur :
Love the design of the creature as well as its overall apperance. Ranged weapons are almost mandatory to kill it in its element. Key is baiting it into a water pond to render it sluggish and neutralize its fire abilities, then proceed with a creature or a sword.

The aggro on this thing is extremely large and i twill relentlessly follow you unless you get it stuck somewhere. I think its main ranged fire attack needs to be toned down as you pretty much need 140-150% speed in order to avoid being caught in the blast radius.

X-Creatures :

Who knows if it’s a typo or not from the dev team, but these creatures all have a 60% damage reduction from tamed creatures. They do tame just like regular creatures at the same rates (except more tranqs/darts needed).

I’ve seen some players report a stats difference with regular ones in the magnitude of -4% hp for +4% dmg, in the same fashion as Aberration. Don’t quote me on those numbers as I’ve yet to test them personnaly. Math aside, they look gorgeous, especially the volcanic ones!

HLNA Market  & Items :
I tested the lootcrates and the T1 isn’t worth the 10k asked. I got a mere 24 hard poly, 40 spark, a lazarus chowder and a fria cury from the first one…  Overall, I’d drop the cost of lootcrates by half considering their contents isn’t worth the asking price individually.

There must be a typo I’m 100% sure with the electronic at 1250 hexagons for 1… I’ll just buy pearls instead and craft it for a fraction of the price.

Some items I believe don’t belong there such as black pearls (acquired from eurypterids in ocean biome), absorbent substrate (high lvl craft), rare mushrooms (ocean biome) /flowers (bog biome), just so to force players to explore the map and not just base themselves in a single location.

I’ll conceed that being able to get 300 free hexagons for hailing HLNA every 30 mins is a nice touch if you don’t feel like chasing glitches right off the bath.

More of a question, but how the hell are we supposed to make tek gear if we can’t make the dang replicatior?!?!

Regarding the mining drill, this item needs to be toned down a LOT. As of now, it reduces the weight of your entire inventory by 4 as long as you wield the drill turned on/off. I can literally walk around with 700+ metal in my pockets (400 wgt character) which is absurd and render most farming dinos useless.

Missions :
Cool concept, but a lot left to be desired. I attempted to do the « Allo and Goodbye » gamma mission in the volcanic biome and got demolished in not time. Finding and following the tracks is not much of a problem. Dealing a with trio of lvl 280+ X-Allos is the problem… in a gamma mission.

Will report more on missions as I complete them.

Lore :
From a lore pespective, I’m more than satisfied by the delivered product. I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet , but I’ll say this. Despite being called the « Master Controller », you can easily deduce by all the glitches and the text during the  actual fight who the main antagonist is. At the end of the day, it all fit together very well and that post-fight scene, is the cherry on top of the icing!

Conclusion :
If you are a PvP player on either types of servers (official/unofficial) you’ll need the DLC, just so to remain competitive with the new creatures and tek gear.

For the PvE crowd on official, I’d wait until the dust settle down because there is a lot of drama about no OC/Asia servers and mass pillaring of the already limited build spots. If you are patient and want to enjoy the whole Genesis adventure, please do.

If you play on PvE unofficial, go ahead and play it. It has a lot to offer in terms of content to be done as it is very different from the previous DLCs.

I believe a lot of hype and marketing went into this DLC. However, I must conceed that WC dropped the ball about not communicating a lot of key elements of the expansion, such as the no-flyer restriction, the ridiculous size of the biomes, among other things.

On the flip side, I feel the product is far more polished and tested than the Extinction mess we received. Managarms, titans, owls, meks among other things….

Exactly 

I definitely didn't think it's the worst but it definitely has flaws

But it's better than the sabotaged and bug filled Extinction and the near useless Scorched Earth 

Archived