What is stoppping you from purchasing genesis?

nameless

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reason for not buying yet:

1. It will be a bugfest mess. Ark and it's DLC has been like this since day 1 so no reason to think Genesis will work properly.
So many long lists of bugs in the main game let alone the DLC's that WC couldn't care less to fix. Will be the same with this DLC.
2. Not enough info. There simply is not enough info of what the gameplay of Genesis will be like. No dev streams showcasing the map and dinos , nothing.
Just a few bits and pieces here and there. I don't pay for something that I don't even know what I'm going to get. Some vague info on what we can expect is not good enough for me to spend my money.

So I will wait for 1. All the bug fix updates to happen first and 2. Watch lots and lots of streams of people playing it to see if it's even worth while getting. 

Stop being hypocrites!
You will all buy DLC. I also complain about many aspects of the game but I have season pass preordered from day one when it appeared on Steam. These are just a few bucks and you get a continuation of the exciting world of our great game. I am convinced that we will have a lot of positive and negative feelings with Genesis ... but there will be many more advantages.

Personally, I think the game is too cheap, which means the studio is underinvested - ARK is underinvested.

It will be a mess, the servers will crash all day, people will be toxic as hell to each other, everyone will seek to pillar as most as they can, steal dinos from each other, grief peoples tames and many more issues on release. (PVE issues)

Also a big reason is to NEVER pre-purchase. It's such a horrible concept and if a company opens the game sooner for pre-purchasers it's just scummy, P2W pre-purchase bonuses are scummy, if you care of skins it's up to you. Wildcard has done it pretty nicely with some quests that give skins, good job on that part. 

IMO no one should pre-purchase, as a protest to game devs that sell us games in alpha or beta status and fix them over time instead of releasing actual full releases. Also never buy into hype, same as you should never go hungry shopping, you will survive a day without that food. :)

Genisis also finally shows that the game is published by Snail Games, as this was hidden in the other DLC releases while the company was already owned by Snail Games.

I'll wait until the servers open up and I can just transfer dinos there if the map is somewhat interesting. Why bother taming dinos beforehand if some super breeders will have 10 times your stats as soon as the servers open up? Just practically speaking, it's a waste of time IMO to start all over again but if you enjoy it, why not, happy taming and building to everyone.

@nameless Snail Games is a Chinese company. One of the founders of Wildcard f***** up really badly in the early days by using company assets from the company he was still employed at. He was still under contract and made ARK during that time. He gave his wife the ownership of the company (she was a baker) and tried to hide what was going on. His ex-company sued the sh** out of him and Wildcard had to pay millions which they couldn't. He sold part of the company to Snail Games at that time (2015) and Wildcard got fully sold at around 2017. 

NEVER was anything mentioned to the players of this happening. It was hidden and done without any announcements. Wildcard still published games under their own name and most people don't even know that the company was long owned by some Chinese game studio that publishes P2W titel in Asia and very badly reviewed games in the west.

Wildcard is not the small indie company it was but most people still treat it like this, which was also probably why they never announced the Snail Games ownership. Chinese companies taking over bigger studies all over the world is worrisome IMO as seen with Grinding Gear Games (Path of Exile) or Riot Games (League of Legends). Not only do they force games to change and fit into the Chinese market over time, who knows what they do with our data? Other big studies like Blizzard or even Valve (Dota2 issue with the Chinese) who already bend their knee, will do everything do fit in. (if you don't bow to us, you are against us and your game/studio get's banned)

Also as you know, there are many issues with Chinese players in ARK, the only people who have methodically tried to wipe or wiped people on our Extinction server were Chinese tribes (from our server or server hopping like in PVP). There are many stories of Chinese players using hacks/cheats or other methods to get something out of it. If you have ever looked up Chinese steam accounts, you will notice that a huge amount of them has or had VAC bans before. The Chinese gaming community is toxic and that in any game (which even Chinese players will tell you about), if you ever played League on a higher lvl or watch streamers, you will notice it pretty quickly. People also believe that Chinese owned game companies protect their own players from bans, like Riot Games (just speculations).

There is an open and visible ban list in ARK (which is way too small, for the amount of cheats/hacks/dupes/griefers daily) but look at big breeders like Bert, whos Basilo line got stolen and landed for big $$$ on the Chinese trading market. The line was sold for 10-25 Australian $ in the first weeks, which is really, really sad IMO.

There are many issues with Wildcard being owned by Snail Games, it bothers me that Wildcard never came clean with being sold. The only thing they ever announced was now with Genisis, as you can see the publisher being Snail Games. Good job, after years and 3 DLC's. ?

You can google this all, different gaming news have covered the things I said above. Some people on reddit and steam have also brought together all the news in one post, you can look them up.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, slejo said:

Stop being hypocrites!
You will all buy DLC. I also complain about many aspects of the game but I have season pass preordered from day one when it appeared on Steam. These are just a few bucks and you get a continuation of the exciting world of our great game. I am convinced that we will have a lot of positive and negative feelings with Genesis ... but there will be many more advantages.

Personally, I think the game is too cheap, which means the studio is underinvested - ARK is underinvested.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but please don't try to project it on everyone else.

Only reason I'm downloading genesis is because it was a gift from my sister's husband. Otherwise I would not participate in whoops_we_broke_it_yet_again_S07E01.

My reason is that I already know what I enjoy (which is flying, building huge bases, being able to just ride/walk wherever I want, and not getting eaten every two minutes (I prefer at least FIVE minutes between my deaths)), and from what I've read so far, Genesis as a map doesn't exactly match my preferences.

The creatures are cool, but what's the point of getting the map just for them? I can (already did, actually) just spawn them in singleplayer and have fun with them on any map I like!

My advice - DONT BUY GENESIS.

Why?

1) there are a lot of bugs that stop you from taming / breeding.

2) there aren't enough servers even for the people who already bought genesis. 

Unless you plan on joining a private server, or playing it via single player, its not worth buying yet, due to the fact the majority of your time will be spent waiting for a slot to free up in the off chance you 'might' get onto a server, and then 'hoping' you can get back on the server you started on in the first place.

Edit in:
over two hours looking at the same servers and … 
985AC38B04CF1A7DFD8BE7720AEA23F436D41D65

21 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

My advice - DONT BUY GENESIS.

Why?

1) there are a lot of bugs that stop you from taming / breeding.

2) there aren't enough servers even for the people who already bought genesis. 

Unless you plan on joining a private server, or playing it via single player, its not worth buying yet, due to the fact the majority of your time will be spent waiting for a slot to free up in the off chance you 'might' get onto a server, and then 'hoping' you can get back on the server you started on in the first place.

Edit in:
over two hours looking at the same servers and … 
985AC38B04CF1A7DFD8BE7720AEA23F436D41D65

I mean that's abit hypocritical considering Extinction released with a crapload of bugs and atlas is far worse yet when they take a different approach then it's the end of the world?

Cut them some slack they haven't really done it before so obviously it'll have alot of bugs and their more prone to mess up, if anything they did a pretty good job considering the circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

I mean that's abit hypocritical considering Extinction released with a poopload of bugs and atlas is far worse yet when they take a different approach then it's the end of the world?

Cut them some slack they haven't really done it before so no poop it'll have alot of bugs and their more prone to raptor up, if anything they did a pretty good job considering the circumstances.

Actually no its not, your just showing Wildcards track record and why its even a better idea to hold off buying Genesis for a even longer time.

Sense there are no Asian servers for Genesis all the Asian players are coming to EU/NA servers and doing their normal 'pillar every inch of land' so even that is making it harder for anyone to play even if they manage to get on one of the few servers available vs. number of copies sold currently.

The bugs that Abberation, extinction and Scorched earth were plagued with should be enough reason to make people want to hold back on it.  The reason I purchased it was because a couple friends wanted to play it, so here we are, unable to play because any server we do manage to get onto we can't get back onto due to the number of players hitting the current server list.

They need more servers, period.  If the market is already flooded and there are too many people attempting to play who can't get on, more people buying at this point just congests the problem, and just frustrates those who just bought it.

So yes, I stand by what I said, people shouldn't buy it, not till wildcard gets off their ass and goes "oh yeah, we do need more servers, we sold XXX copies but only made enough for xx people."

On 2/26/2020 at 2:56 AM, deedoubleu said:

You are entitled to your own opinion, but please don't try to project it on everyone else.

Only reason I'm downloading genesis is because it was a gift from my sister's husband. Otherwise I would not participate in whoops_we_broke_it_yet_again_S07E01.

I mean genesis isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is and I honestly think its abit over exaggerated.

Yes it released with bugs but so what? They were trying something new so cut them some slack, for example Extinction released with a poopload of bugs and it was the same old as the last expansion packs like aberration and scorched earth so what excuse does it have?

4 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Actually no its not, your just showing Wildcards track record and why its even a better idea to hold off buying Genesis for a even longer time.

Sense there are no Asian servers for Genesis all the Asian players are coming to EU/NA servers and doing their normal 'pillar every inch of land' so even that is making it harder for anyone to play even if they manage to get on one of the few servers available vs. number of copies sold currently.

The bugs that Abberation, extinction and Scorched earth were plagued with should be enough reason to make people want to hold back on it.  The reason I purchased it was because a couple friends wanted to play it, so here we are, unable to play because any server we do manage to get onto we can't get back onto due to the number of players hitting the current server list.

They need more servers, period.  If the market is already flooded and there are too many people attempting to play who can't get on, more people buying at this point just congests the problem, and just frustrates those who just bought it.

So yes, I stand by what I said, people shouldn't buy it, not till wildcard gets off their ass and goes "oh yeah, we do need more servers, we sold XXX copies but only made enough for xx people."

Still not a excuse, your telling me if your in school and you jump from doing 1+1 to the square root of infinity that you won't be confused? Same logic applies to this.

Most of your issues seem to be related to the servers however which that part i can understand but not the part where your claiming it's the worst expansion pack just because it has afew bugs.

Be honest it's not that bad compared to what could have happened considering they were trying a completely different approach.

2 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

Still not a excuse, your telling me if your in school and you jump from doing 1+1 to the square root of infinity that you won't be confused? Same logic applies to this.

Most of your issues seem to be related to the servers however which that part i can understand but not the part where your claiming it's the worst expansion pack just because it has afew bugs.

Be honest it's not that bad compared to what could have happened considering they were trying a completely different approach.

I didn't claim any such thing, I said DONT BUY IT.  

"We sold 40k copies, lets make 90 servers, there won't be more then 6k people on at once"

Wildcard already stated in a tweet when they were dealing with the overspawn issue "Math is hard yo!" which doesn't put much reliance in their ability to code, but doing basic figures for # of sales vs. # of servers needed, really? did they make it past 6th grade math?

6 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

Also I'm not defending wildcard at all because let's be honest they raptor up ALOT

However people expecting them to release it completely bug free is abit ridiculous in and of itself when it's a completely different approach to gameplay and how the game functions, it's not as easy as you think it is.

1 minute ago, Scribelord said:

Also I'm not defending wildcard at all because let's be honest they raptor up ALOT

However people expecting them to release it completely bug free is abit ridiculous in and of itself when it's a completely different approach to gameplay and how the game functions, it's not as easy as you think it is.

And your further explaining why people should hold off buying it.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

I didn't claim any such thing, I said DONT BUY IT.  

"We sold 40k copies, lets make 90 servers, there won't be more then 6k people on at once"

Wildcard already stated in a tweet when they were dealing with the overspawn issue "Math is hard yo!" which doesn't put much reliance in their ability to code, but doing basic figures for # of sales vs. # of servers needed, really? did they make it past 6th grade math?

My point is you can't just drive a car and expect to know exactly how to drive any vehicle in the world.

Your just shouting out unrealistic expectations and that's the truth.

And for the record I'm sure they'll fix server issues but your crying about it when it was just released less than a week ago.

Plus it has some value which isn't something that can be said for Ecorched Earth which is completely useless now and just a waste of money.

2 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

And your further explaining why people should hold off buying it.

So if they release a entirely new game with new mechanics then you should just tell people to not buy it?

I think it should be separate instead of the season pass its being sold in so people do have the option however I'm not going to go crying about things when they add something completely new.

Just now, Scribelord said:

My point is you can't just drive a car and expect to know exactly how to drive any vehicle in the world.

Your just shouting out unrealistic expectations and that's the truth.

And for the record I'm sure they'll fix server issues but your crying about it when it was just released less than a week ago.

Plus it has some value which isn't something that can be said for Ecorched Earth which is completely useless now and just a waste of money.

Im shouting out unreal expectations?  You even reading what your replying to it highly seems that your not.

wildcard fix something in a timely fashion?  you haven't been playing ark long have you?

Ironically, your bashing wildcard in your posts at the same time your attempting to defend them.

You really should go back and actually read what your replying to, Crying lol, tooo funny.  No im making people aware.

1 minute ago, Scribelord said:

So if they release a entirely new game with new mechanics then you should just tell people to not buy it?

I think it should be separate instead of the season pass its being sold in so people do have the option however I'm not going to go crying about things when they add something completely new.

They have, several actually, and guess what? those games are just as bugged as this one, ironic isn't it?

Your really getting off the reason I'm telling people to hold off purchasing it and trying to turn it into some other delusional reason then what was originally stated.  But if you really want to get into wildcards track record with game coding we can....

Archived