What is stoppping you from purchasing genesis?

nameless

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/9/2020 at 6:07 AM, Lycan187u said:

stopping me hell I bought it a second it it stores :D bugs glitches lag rollbacks toxicity I live for them!! so ready .mindwipes made for release lol lil hp lots stam/weight rest speed lol.while the bobs argue over beach front property im going deep inland and dangerous build locations lol

Same.....New DLC.....Take my money. Ok so now what did I buy and when is it out! Still not sure what it entails but I got a shiny floaty buddy so happy.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Hops99 said:

Xbox1 single players!!! are you going to wait to purchase Genesis?

With all the broken maps in single player xbox1 and not knowing if a fix is coming before Genesis is released. Will it stop you from purchasing the new content? A whole month of acknowledging the issues but not able confirm a fix.  

Personally, I don't think buying genesis conflict with protesting against "not fixing glitches" issue. I will just delay my payment to as late as possible if they don't fix the issues.

As a business, injection of liquid cash is time sensitive (unless the game industry is very different from the one I am in). I think if everyone simply don't buy genesis until they actually plays it, that is, to delay their payments, then it is enough of a protest.

So let me think.

Lag, Lag, Lag, crashing every 10 minutes, no Admin help what so ever, Support cut short and so on. you want us to buy something new but yet the same issues are still constant very sad for such a good game.

I don`t like to be negative but This topic should have been named. What can we do better for you to buy Genesis?

2 hours ago, Eviga said:

I have a question guys:

Do I get access to the corrupted Skin when I buy Genesis now for PS4? 

I know I get this HLNA Thing. But what about that sick skin? 

You can get the skin with the HLNA, there are locations on the island, scorched, aberration and extinction where HLNA activates and it's like an explorer note.

There are lots of youtube videos with the locations so finding them shouldn't be an issue.

If you collect all of them , you get the full set, if you only collect them partly you might end up with only the boots and pants or somethiing like that, until you collect the rest.

9 hours ago, Fes said:

You can get the skin with the HLNA, there are locations on the island, scorched, aberration and extinction where HLNA activates and it's like an explorer note.

There are lots of youtube videos with the locations so finding them shouldn't be an issue.

If you collect all of them , you get the full set, if you only collect them partly you might end up with only the boots and pants or somethiing like that, until you collect the rest.

Thx! So I also need like ALL Expansion to enjoy this Skin?

Wow...poop...I just moved to the PS4 from Switch and dont own any Expansions yet 

54 minutes ago, Eviga said:

Thx! So I also need like ALL Expansion to enjoy this Skin?

Wow...poop...I just moved to the PS4 from Switch and dont own any Expansions yet 

oh yeah basically you can only get it legitimaly if you own both of the season passes, but if you don't want to spend any money and if you're on singleplayer or on a private server, than i think you can just spawn it in using commands:

cheat GFI Gen1AvatarGloves 1 0 0

this for example gives you the gloves skin, you can look up the rest on the ark wiki

57 minutes ago, Fes said:

oh yeah basically you can only get it legitimaly if you own both of the season passes, but if you don't want to spend any money and if you're on singleplayer or on a private server, than i think you can just spawn it in using commands:

cheat GFI Gen1AvatarGloves 1 0 0

this for example gives you the gloves skin, you can look up the rest on the ark wiki

Well actually I am on singleplayer at the Moment. That means I could Test and see it. I will buy Genesis but for now not the other Pass.

Thx to you!

Here's what caused my hesitation. 
As an original xbox player (Not S or X version), Ark is said to be made to work for Xbox. Granted, the graphics need to be slaughtered, but I'm okay with that - (I grew up playing and loving Final Fantasy 1, 2, and 3 lol)

Extinction is released. So much crashing. So much frustration. Never gets fixed - or even acknowledged.  At the time we left, there were 27 bug reports for this same issue - none of which are acknowledged.

After 4 months we eventually leave Ark for Sea of Thieves (Which in comparison is nearly bug free). It's glorious.

A year later Valguero is released and we decide to come back to Ark and try again. It's okay, but mostly underwhelming. We load into extinction. So much we haven't explored there yet. 

Crash. Try again. Crash. Try an OSD. Crash. Try a Cave. Crash. Fly around. Crash.  - Anything too demanding and it crashes. This is supposed to work for this system. I check Bug reports. There are now 32. I bump them all to make a point. Most are then deleted. Still no one addresses the issue. 

Will Genesis be just as bad? I want to wait until reports come in before I purchase. 

In a moment of weakness I purchase the Season pass.

Dang it!!!

I just love this game so much. 

Fingers crossed.

I havent bought it. I dont plan to buy it early.
I have plenty to keep me happy with current content.
I didnt see new dino species, just stuff invented and not even lore-based, like a roc is (oooo if only there were actual rocs in game, but then, Argentavis or Terror bird were variants of that). Phoenix, wyvern and dragon are cool from previous expansions. They're pre-existing mythical creatures (existing, as in lore that's been around for centuries)

I have other reasons, financial, and ... seeing so many pretty beloved tames getting eaten by anti-mesh, kinda makes me cry a little inside.
If somehow so many bugs that have been in this game for years magically get fixed, I might consider buying pre-release.

I had a similar anti-buy protest when aberration was in pre-purchase time. I bought it within a month after release iirc, just because I saw someone play it, and it looked beautiful.
I like eye candy.

3 hours ago, Eviga said:

Is it true that if I spawn in the new Corrupted Skin and DONT HAVE the 5 new Survivor Notes collected, it will not be permanent? Even If I bought Genesis already?

Reason I ask is I cannot Test it subtil wednesday and would love to know that. 

I am hyped AF now!! 25th !!

What do you mean with permanent ? If you mean that you would get the genesis skin upon re-spawn, then no, the condition for that is still to have all the notes collected and not just have bought genesis

1 hour ago, Fes said:

What do you mean with permanent ? If you mean that you would get the genesis skin upon re-spawn, then no, the condition for that is still to have all the notes collected and not just have bought genesis

I mean with permanent that if I cheat with commands and get the skin, will I keep it or will it somewhat despawn anytime?

I do not own the expansions except Genesis, for now. So only way to get the skin is via command cheats. But the Ark wiki confused me with saying its not permanent.

57 minutes ago, Eviga said:

I mean with permanent that if I cheat with commands and get the skin, will I keep it or will it somewhat despawn anytime?

I do not own the expansions except Genesis, for now. So only way to get the skin is via command cheats. But the Ark wiki confused me with saying its not permanent.

No, it won't despawn in your single player, you can still lose it like any other item when you die and your corpse de-spawns, but it won't just vanish one day

Archived