Jump to content

nameless

What is stoppping you from purchasing genesis?

Recommended Posts

What is stoppping you from purchasing genesis?

Although this dlc look interesting, I have some concerns about it. Is there any other thing you could add or anything that I am wrong about?

 

1, I feel like pre purchasing increase the probability of release delay.

2, I am not sure if it is possible to refund a dlc in steam, that is why I decided to wait until it is released to see if it is actually interesting.

3, New ark dlc is usually filled with glitches, and genesis is only available in season pass (limited time access). Maybe its better to buy a limited time access after the glitches are mostly gone?

4, Waiting to see if there will be a permanent access available for purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nameless said:

3, New ark dlc is usually filled with glitches, and genesis is only available in season pass (limited time access). Maybe its better to buy a limited time access after the glitches are mostly gone?

4, Waiting to see if there will be a permanent access available for purchase.

Hm. I don't think you understand what a season pass is. Basically, if you own the season pass, you get permanent access to its content as soon as it releases. So, when part 1 is released you get it, then when part 2 is released, you also get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stopping me hell I bought it a second it it stores :D bugs glitches lag rollbacks toxicity I live for them!! so ready .mindwipes made for release lol lil hp lots stam/weight rest speed lol.while the bobs argue over beach front property im going deep inland and dangerous build locations lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

stopping me hell I bought it a second it it stores :D bugs glitches lag rollbacks toxicity I live for them!! so ready .mindwipes made for release lol lil hp lots stam/weight rest speed lol.while the bobs argue over beach front property im going deep inland and dangerous build locations lol

My kinda man! 

 

I agree with the VM, season passes are usually cheaper in the long run too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Hm. I don't think you understand what a season pass is. Basically, if you own the season pass, you get permanent access to its content as soon as it releases. So, when part 1 is released you get it, then when part 2 is released, you also get it.

Wait a minute... I thought "genesis season pass" means  it will only give you access to genesis within the 3 month after activation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, nameless said:

Wait a minute... I thought "genesis season pass" means  it will only give you access to genesis within the 3 month after activation?

  No, its permanent, just like the other dlc's are mate.

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Hm. I don't think you understand what a season pass is. Basically, if you own the season pass, you get permanent access to its content as soon as it releases. So, when part 1 is released you get it, then when part 2 is released, you also get it.

 

Edited by Likeitis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is absolutely no advantage for me to do so at the moment and I do not participate in preordering unless something is going to have a limited quantity.

I am not sure if my current gaming community is going last, been running our servers for 4 years now and i think everyone is getting tired.

As an adult with a job, I don't need to worry if they up the price later if i really want to play it.  I'm not going to spend money now on something i may or may not like without doing research first, and they have specifically went out of their way not to give me enough information to make a purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

stopping me hell I bought it a second it it stores :D bugs glitches lag rollbacks toxicity I live for them!! so ready .mindwipes made for release lol lil hp lots stam/weight rest speed lol.while the bobs argue over beach front property im going deep inland and dangerous build locations lol

did u just assume they will let us transfer in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

until there's playable content (chibis and Alexis pet doesn't really count imo) then by very definition the seasons pass is for vaporware. 

The writing is on the wall with this one. If a game studio, its developers, its designers and marketing departments are confident in the new product, that confidence will be hard to contain. We saw this with extinction. The devs played OSD's on livestream, they talked about the design choices and what their hopes were, and there was endless excitement coming from inside wildcard that spread out into the community. With Genesis, there is no excitement coming from wildcard, no confidence, no anticipation and jitter about what the players will think. 

If I'm being completely honest, Genesis feels right now the way Atlas did pre-launch, and I'm glad I didn't jump on that train when it went by, and now I'm having deja vu with Genesis, getting the exact same vibe. 

Again, the writing is on the wall. Keep your expectations low, and if the new content ends up being amazing then all the better, and if my gut is correct then its not a huge let down. It's all about managing your expectations with Wildcard. Sometimes they nail it on the head, and sometimes they skunk themselves. If they deliver real content and it looks good, then I'll be adding it to cart in a heartbeat. Otherwise, what's the point?

Edited by Swordguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dronlay said:

Genesis season pass, does it mean it has more than one map?

I'm suspecting 2 maps, however they only indicate part 1 and part 2...

The Genesis Season Pass includes:
- ARK: Genesis Part 1 (available January 2020)
- ARK: Genesis Part 2 (available winter 2020)
- Exclusive HLN-A cosmetic pet, only obtainable by purchasing the ARK: Genesis Season Pass!

(taken from the playstation store)

 

Edited by MooseX
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To start off Ark is in my top 5 ps4 games and in my opinion the best survival mmo on the ps4.

 

But I have lost all my respect for studio wildcard as a business, being late on 1 or 2 dlc drops would be ok but I don't think they have ever made a single deadline they set and IMO is completely unacceptable. I have a fear that it will be released uncompleted just like aberration was, no surface access. Maybe it will be a repeat of Ragnarok, yes I realize that it was a mod community map but it was never completed and took months before the whole map was opened up. 

 

So I will just wait till it drops and after a few of the massive patches that will be needed to make the map playable, also it will probably go on sale a few weeks after launch just like all the other passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2. I tried getting a refund 3 times thinking steam got it wrong but if you have played more than 2 hours for an included product you cant get a refund for a dlc you havent even played :) i like the game im still keeping things refreshed on pve and gave all my stuff away in pvp but im now tied to the dlc by blood now so i have to hope its fun haha.

 

ps:leave wild card alone, right, now!. they try, they normally fail, who cares games still playable.

Edited by Vape123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont pre-purchase anything. The reason is that dev companies not see us like player or consumer they only see us like money. The always put all for pre-purchase at full price to get money to finish the work because all millions that we have payed before its not enought. Then when you pre-purchase anythings always are delays and all platforms dont refunds anything. One day players will be dressed like consumers and we will have laws that protect us, but today i dont gonna give any money for a non finished product. If they want money they must to compromisse with us and respect release dates and they have to understand that if a profuct is delayed we are on our right to get a refund to enjoy our money until they no release it. I dont wanna say that i want a release on promised date when that is not finished, for exemple if they cant release genesis that month is they fault, but if they give us a summer release date knowing that they will have the product early, we will be happy because we dont need to wait all that they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kakawilly said:

I dont pre-purchase anything. The reason is that dev companies not see us like player or consumer they only see us like money. The always put all for pre-purchase at full price to get money to finish the work because all millions that we have payed before its not enought. Then when you pre-purchase anythings always are delays and all platforms dont refunds anything. One day players will be dressed like consumers and we will have laws that protect us, but today i dont gonna give any money for a non finished product. If they want money they must to compromisse with us and respect release dates and they have to understand that if a profuct is delayed we are on our right to get a refund to enjoy our money until they no release it. I dont wanna say that i want a release on promised date when that is not finished, for exemple if they cant release genesis that month is they fault, but if they give us a summer release date knowing that they will have the product early, we will be happy because we dont need to wait all that they say.

It depends on your consumer laws of your country. Valve/Steam got fined $3 Million for telling Australians they could not get a refund on games. Under Australian laws there is not this 2 week crap or its a DLC blah blah, If a product or service is not delivered when and to the standard as it is advertised within reason than you must get a refund.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...