Weigh In: Winter Wonderland 4: Good and Bad

Cedric

pros:

breeding!

cons:

if someone has a way to grab all the gifts before you ever could then you're 100% left out of the event. please assume the worse of humanity; no one is willing to share their extra chibi. they'll rather feed them to the gachas

gacha claus are glitchy and everything attacks them especially when they are chewing up coals

there's no definite answer over how does gacha claus work and with multiple theories and fake news creates a lot of confusion

loot table is favoring coal for gacha crystals with chibis to drop

raptor claus' flight path does fly over the ocean in theisland and because of that not drop a single gift

temperature could be saying 28c but the cold/freezing debuff is on

lots of urgent updates during major events ruining the experience

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost all candy from past events con didn't find really anything good in the presents but the year before found loads i like that the drops made people pvp was fun a challenge everyone forgets it is a survival game it's not fair stop crying I'd like to see drops change in items would make early game better a lot of drops an basic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, AlmightyGamerYT said:

I think with all Events the placed Decorations should stay. But the Event was good, The Rare Chibis were probably a little to rare. But it has made the Trading Discords interesting. Seeing a Chibi go for 3000 Tek

I agree with the decorations sticking around. Great idea. 

This is quite late, but from a single player perspective...

I loved trying to find the chibis. Yes, to slow the grind I kept resetting my time of day to chase raptor clause. I got a ton of duplicates, and none of the rarer ones on my survival only game, but that let me choose the color i preferred for my parasaur chibi.  I did not bother with skins or emotes, as those have no purpose on single player, and really, bathing suits for a winter event? As I knew decorations would disappear, I didn't bother with those either. This particular game is now a year old and I am close to defeating the Island at last, but I am afraid to lose all progress upon ascension, but am enjoying super breeding my dinos. I would like to be able to decorate and keep those decorations on my playstation game.

While the snow was pretty, the light was blinding, so resetting back to midnight also allowed me to play longer. Even so, I played two days on the Island on my survival account, then switched to my creative mode allowed PS4 account just to get out of that light. I couldn't even tolerate low gamma during the day to seek colored dinos. Spent most of the rest of Winter Wonderland seeking fancy rock drakes in Abberation.

Ark is my favorite game and the one I play most, which honestly is only a couple hours a week i am an older gamer with grown children, and my daughter likes to play too. She is of the same opinion on the skins and mostly goes for the colored dinos. She also loved the chibis... In fact, she squeed when she saw them. But... Can we get some stuff great for single players too please? 

I pretty much only browsed the comments as there are a lot.

But from what I did read, the drop rate of the items was a bigger issue than not and I have to say the same for the Valentines event. It is almost over and I have not seen one new Chibi and I have pretty much been fishing 24/7 and instead of having 1500 chibi duplicates I now have over 4000 duplicates. Oh and I did pick up one Chibi I never had from the Winter Wonderland event. Other than that, I think it was a good idea, but executed very poorly and it is only going to get worse if Wildcard decides to add more Chibis into the pool. It is going to make those newer Chibis just harder and harder to get and less time to do anything else.

On 1/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, Cedric said:

Weigh In: Winter Wonderland 4: Good and Bad

We're looking to get some feedback about the event.  If you could do me a favor and structure this into pro's and cons.  If you have no pro's, that's fine but please keep it on topic and related to Winter Wonderland 4.

We'd also like to hear your opinions on chibi's and chibi's you might like to see in the future if it's something you like.

Yeah I heard a lot of people being pissed because people would "steal" Chibis. Best way to do it would be log on the empty asian servers and get a ton of Chibis.

• Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived