Weigh In: Winter Wonderland 4: Good and Bad

Cedric

• Wildcard Community

Weigh In: Winter Wonderland 4: Good and Bad

We're looking to get some feedback about the event.  If you could do me a favor and structure this into pro's and cons.  If you have no pro's, that's fine but please keep it on topic and related to Winter Wonderland 4.

We'd also like to hear your opinions on chibi's and chibi's you might like to see in the future if it's something you like.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall it was great!  

Pros

FUN!  loads of great loot, chibis are so cute and a lot of fun to collect

Cons

People.  As per usual the number of D***s ruined many maps.  players logging in just before midnight in their dozens just to get the gifts.  People kiting so they could get drops.  just as usual the toxic few spoiling the fun for the many.

ALso on Valguero in particular many gifts dropped outside the map

Pros:
Good amount of new content, loot felt rewarding, and the chibi pets were refreshing. The additional five levels were rewarding too, and especially helpful as preparation for Genesis.
Cons:
Spawn rates of some chibis felt ridiculously low. I ended up spawning in coal and mistletoe and fast forwarding to see how the drop rates were with DLC chibis, and they felt far too biased towards certain basegame chibis (carno, megaloceros, etc.) Could've also used more gift drops for larger servers.

EDIT: Even some DLC chibis felt like they appeared more often. I'd gotten around 15-20 roll rat chibis, and not a whole lot of other DLC chibis in general.

Amazing! The chibis were a brilliant and an awesome new item to collect this year! Colors are always nice for holiday( just wish there was more purple holidays lol) and having breeding increased is also super nice for those who have lives outside ark and are able to more easily raise dinos. For a critique of the event (not sure how to correct it) I find that there is alot more lag and disconnects during the event which is frustrating since it cuts into play time and increases deaths and whatnot. But besides that I loved it! Good work!

Chibis were great. The snow was great. The 2x's as well.

Con - besides the chibi's there wasn't much to the presents. Not like last year. Assuming the chibi was mean to make up for that? The rare chibi's were exactly that and I don't believe I personally got one in that category lol.

I had fun so not complaining. 

I agree with everyone else on the presents bringing out the toxic people. On my servers (two of them) we simply call out what one we are on or if we see someone move on. However, some believe its cool to just jump in and grab after you've waited there. Respect is gone when the 0000 drops lol)

pro's everything was back to the winter wonderland number 1 it was great and the chib's 

con's on pve -.- we need a way just to craft the chibi's all of othem cause that's when things went bad real fast and toxic 

easy fix make them crafable in the cooking pot for like 2-5 coal and mistletoe a pop other then that I enjoyed the event

Cons:

The snow on the island after a while started to play with my eyes (most likely my problem).

Raptor Claus brings out the toxic in people. From having presents ‘stolen’ from you and then players moaning that you’ve ‘stolen’ from them when in fact the presents don’t belong to anyone.

Pros:

Being able to get extra levels from chibis and getting to keep chibis.

The gear from Raptor Claus being incredible!

Having boosted mating, hatching and maturation.

I thought the event was great,just wish there were other ways getting coal and mistletoe since it was difficult getting Santa raptor gifts because of other players...I just stopped going for then altogether...I'm not too fond of limited holiday stuff and fighting over them for it imo BUT other then that the event was great loved the island being winter themed ?

had a lot of issues leveling the chibi, to the point that i just stopped trying.  i would fight several alphas, but no exp was awarded and in certain instances, when transferring between servers, my levels would drop from 4 to 2.

they looked great and it was fun grabbing them, but with the light bloom issues and the winter landscape on the island, it was an event that i was breathlessly waiting to end as quickly as possible.

really hope you guys find the time to fix the lighting

PVP- I liked it the event overall, rates, chibi's, and the loot was trick.

Cons:

1) Straight line Raptor Claus- to competitive, i show up on an Argie and two mana's are already there and wreck me. Maybe a more random gift distribution like piles or pumpkins from the other events.

2) Gacha Claus - In my experience it was 50/50 to drop crystals regardless of the QTY of toes/coal.

Pros to the event: 

Chibis were a good collectors item and I hope more stuff like that will be added in future events.

Colored dinos are also great for breeding and taming to show off good finds

Raptor Claus drops gave out some pretty good loot that players didn’t already have.

The new emotes and cosmetics that were made in the cooking pot looked amazing!!!

2X rates helped everyone raise and tame with less time consumption.

Cons: 

I felt that the rare chibis may have been a tad too rare.

Raptor Claus drops should contain some more and new items in the loot pool.

Gacha Claus should’ve  produce a different color crystal to signify that he dropped a chibi crystal.

Raptor claus should’ve dropped more presents at a time in case he skips areas with water.

This is the overview of the event from my tribe and I on one of the Official PvP CrossArk Clusters.

Pros:

• Exclusive Timed  Chibis encouraged trading (or raiding) between Tribes regardless of tier level.
  • Dynamic Drop Chasing allowed fun racing, with potential PvP Results, although first come first serve was standard.
  • Event Coloured Dinos to Tame and Breed.
  • Boosted Rates, although 3x would've been nicer.

Cons:

• Lack of Snow on Open Sky Maps like Center, Rag and Val was a little disappointing.
  • Snow covering the whole map especially in flat plains lile desert areas was a little blinding.
  • Event felt like it ran a little long having Christmas Festivities after the New Year.

Comments and suggestions:
It would be nice to see more dynamic drops like Raptor Claus in other events, such as Oviraptor Cupid for Valentines Events.
Additionally having the drop flyer fly in a more "random" flight line would further enhance the savager hunt. 
It'd also be nice to see event themed Gacha be the standard over or complimenting the Cooking Pot Recipes.

Chibis were an amazing idea! 

Suggestion for the chibis: Make an equip slot specifically for the pet cosmetics if this is planned to be an ongoing idea for the future. It is kinda odd that they are a "shield skin" especially since they have the weird always trying to be on a specific side of you and face the same way as you making them difficult to look at and appreciate.

Pro :

X2 everything , new chibis system , +5 levels , color events

Cons : 

After more than 1.5k crystal open and hundred of gift , still missing some rare chibi , maybe a bit too rare , or add an expensive way to craft them with ressources on cooking pot

Keep going event are great and make people play more and old friend coming back to the game !

• Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived