Why are there not more weapons in ark

randomperson363

36 minutes ago, Udam said:

maybe some Weapons could get a TLC

Simple pistol can auto fire when not Aiming down sight (like the revolvers in RDR)

Double barrel can shoot both shots if you hold the trigger, and can uses simple rifle Rounds as a Slug (kinda like thoses Boar rifles) 

Longneck: goes through 50% of armor

Advance Pistol has more ammo, can be set to burst fire, and does a tad bit more damage

AR: when you shoot a target continuously it does more and more damage (does more damage if you continue to fire at the same target)

pump Shotgun; ReSize in third Person 

Sniper: can take off scope, and add Holo scope, or Iron sights, and does 25% armor damage

now maybe there could be a few new guns

Bolt action rifle: holds 8 shots, looks kinda like a Lee Enfield, uses simple rifle rounds, more reliable, and easy to mass produces (when primitive) but does not have the range and damage as a longneck 

SMG: holds 85 rounds, looks like a modern tomson, Sprays bullets, uses advance pistol bullets so very cheap, not good at all for range!

and Grenade launcher: its like a tek one but it only has 3 shots, and is pump action and does not have the range and diversity of ammo
(Gas, smoke, grenade, Cluster)

And for skins it could be

Engraved Forged weapons: makes you're guns you make in the smithy look fancy and engraved

Classic Pistol Skin: Looks like a 1911 but old
Tactical Pistol skin: looks like a M9

Classic AR skin: Looks like a AK
Savage AR skin: looks like a M4A1 but right and many parts missing and hide wrapped around it

Classic Shotgun skin: looks like a Spas 12
Hunters shotgun skin: looks like a Hunting shotgun with wood, hide and metal, (pump)

Classic SMG skin: looks like a Tomson with wood
Warlord SMG SKIN: Looks like a PPSH-41

Makeshift Bolt Action rifle skin: looks like a Very makeshift Rifle

Marksman Sniper skin: looks like a M14
Classic Sniper: looks like a SVD

You revived a 10 month old thread bro 

1 minute ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

I’ll be happy if they fix the tek car.  It’s not a Dino wildcard 😂😂

maybe make it a hover jeep

take a ghost from halo but it looks like a jeep.

able to hover over water or go underwater

able to add weapons on the back

Tek Chaingun: (its like a minigun turret but tek and it shoots small tek pellets and it good for anti air!) (no splash damage though)
Tek Gauss cannon: shoots a Large railgun like beam out and doses heavy damage (nothing much to buildings though)
Tek cargo trailer: adds a large back to hold 4 extra people and ups the wight by 5000

21 minutes ago, Udam said:

maybe make it a hover jeep

take a ghost from halo but it looks like a jeep.

able to hover over water or go underwater

able to add weapons on the back

Tek Chaingun: (its like a minigun turret but tek and it shoots small tek pellets and it good for anti air!) (no splash damage though)
Tek Gauss cannon: shoots a Large railgun like beam out and doses heavy damage (nothing much to buildings though)
Tek cargo trailer: adds a large back to hold 4 extra people and ups the wight by 5000

That would be cool!  Maybe also a boost that drains gas faster 

On 1/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, randomperson363 said:

I think ark needs to add a more expansive weapon system. I believe adding more Melee weapons would be interesting and could change some of the early game combat, and bring back melee for late game players. Now I personally have no idea what melee weapons ark could add. I do have some ideas for fire arms though I think stocks and foregrips could improve the assault rifle. I also think that light machine guns and multiple assault rifles, and maybe even an sub machine gun would be a good addition to the game. Also side note what about grenade launchers.

What do you guys think?

I think you're trying to over-complicate the weapons system.

You just listed 23 different weapons, some of which are already ignored by most players. This isn't D&D, we don't need a bunch of different melee weapons for different classes. Also, this isn't Borderlands, we don't need 1,544,312 different weapons in the game. Beyond those points, you're ignoring the fact that most dino's are also weapons with varying abilities, if you're trying to play ARK like it's Call of Duty then you're missing something pretty important.

2 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

Guns can be a ton of fun. But I really think this is the wrong game for them.  I would actually like to see less of them.  As stated by others, this game is about the dinos.  Go play Call of Duty or Halo or something else if you want guns.

This is exactly the kind of narrow minded response I got to my "Why are there not more Dinosaurs in Battlefield" thread on the official battlefield forums 😛

Ark does not have a lot of weapons. But what I like is that all the weapons are very unique and serve a purpose. There is some useless junk like lands and assault rifle. But most of the items in the game are solid. There is no point to adding more weapons without first answering what purpose it serves and how it is relevant to the pvp meta of how the game is actually played.

10 hours ago, Penguin73 said:

Guns can be a ton of fun. But I really think this is the wrong game for them.  I would actually like to see less of them.  As stated by others, this game is about the dinos.  Go play Call of Duty or Halo or something else if you want guns.

well maybe some weapons could just uses some TLC

like the the Shock prod could have a Damage mode and a Torpor mode, and does not brake in one hit, (its not a one shot KO)
There could be a Early on club called the Spike club that is the early on sword! so noobs can have a weapon
Slingshot can shoot flint to deal damage but stones deal torpor
Harpoon gun BPs can be found much more, and deal much more damage underwater!
Smoke bombs can make dinos loses you and are dyeable 
you can make metal spears that deal bleed damage when thrown and can be placed in a Harpoon gun 
Baslistas can deal bleed damage when fired and have more range, can also uses Tranq Bolts
Grenades do more damage in general (not cluster though)

Many armors could get some TLC
Chitin Has to be crafted in a smithy but can be repaired on the go.
Riots base armor is 180 and gives better knock back resistance, Lower stun time, and reload much faster!
Tek has better base armor (250 each) to make it worth the cost, gives big buffs to everything!
Suba if you wear the full set makes you immune to being stunned by eels and jellys, but still take damage.
Gas mask and NVG and be placed in hop bar to place on you really quick.

Now for some new ones i already listed some Guns but i got a few melee weapons

Stone Club: Looks like a club with a Large rock in it and it does damage (The early on version of the sword, can uses shields) 
Tomahawks deal nice melee damage but when thrown give Gash! to help things not to run away! Early weapon
Metal claws (like tek claws but are made of metal) rather then tearing through armor, just deal bleed. a base game version of the tek claws (no block though)
metal spear: very cheap only 3 metal and 5 wood, can deal bleed when thrown and can uses in Harpoon gun as cheap ammo (can make fire spears on SE)

But like many others said, dinos are you're main weapons, so why not mix both worlds?

Angler Harpoon Saddle
Adds some armor and can shoot Harpoons from a range (has two harpoon guns on the side that you can shoot)

Kentro Throne: able to ride a kentro (although it no Sofa so its not nice to ride, but it allows you to control them! 

Perlova Saddle: Allows you to ride and brow underground like Basilisk (NOT as good though)

Snake saddle: allows you to ride it and can constrict animals and uses venom! Can steal eggs without making mama mad!

Ichty Motor saddle: adds a little turbine that makes you're fish Swim REALLY fast! (needs gas though)

idk im bored lol

2 hours ago, Udam said:

Snake saddle: allows you to ride it and can constrict animals and uses venom! Can steal eggs without making mama mad!

Ichty Motor saddle: adds a little turbine that makes you're fish Swim REALLY fast! (needs gas though)

So riding on an 2inch thick garden hose, and a underwater trope. 

i don’t understand people’s desire to ride the titanaboa, ride a basilisk, if you still wanna ride a snake, well go play another game with bigger snakes, or smaller people.

29 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

i don’t understand people’s desire to ride the titanaboa, ride a basilisk, if you still wanna ride a snake, well go play another game with bigger snakes, or smaller people.

It's because the Titanoboa is supposed to be MUCH larger than it is ingame. I'd love for the current Titanoboa to be renamed to Titanoboa Young or Gigantophis and see the name Titanoboa given to a constricting/grabbing snake around Rex tier. 

On 1/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, randomperson363 said:

Why are there not more weapons in ark?

So currently these are the weapons in ark (this list doesn’t include explosives or tek, and it also doesn’t include basic harvesting tools)

Melee
- spear

- pike

- sword

- club

- electric prod

- whip

- chainsaw

- lance ( I believe it’s useless prove me wrong )

Ranged Weapons

- slingshot

- bola 

- bow

- crossbow

- compound bow

- boomerang

Firearms

- Harpoon gun

- simple pistol

- fabricated pistol

- longneck rifle

- shotgun

- pump action shotgun

- assault rifle (needs a buff)

- fabricated sniper rifle

- flamethrower 

Attachments

- silencer

- flashlight

- scope

- holo scope

- laser

I think ark needs to add a more expansive weapon system. I believe adding more Melee weapons would be interesting and could change some of the early game combat, and bring back melee for late game players. Now I personally have no idea what melee weapons ark could add. I do have some ideas for fire arms though I think stocks and foregrips could improve the assault rifle. I also think that light machine guns and multiple assault rifles, and maybe even an sub machine gun would be a good addition to the game. Also side note what about grenade launchers.

What do you guys think?

9/10 well done good sir

5 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

It's because the Titanoboa is supposed to be MUCH larger than it is ingame. I'd love for the current Titanoboa to be renamed to Titanoboa Young or Gigantophis and see the name Titanoboa given to a constricting/grabbing snake around Rex tier. 

It’s supposed to be 40ft long max, you may not realize, but in game it IS almost that big.

3 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

It’s supposed to be 40ft long max, you may not realize, but in game it IS almost that big.

Yeah, as accurate as it may be though, the shear scale of the game really screws over some creatures like Megs and Titanoboa. Titanoboa are also venomous, skinny, and last I checked have frills in the game.

I think a size+attack change would portray the Titanoboa much better than what we have now... especially when we have 80ft Rexes and 120 Ft Gigas running around. 

2 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Fair points, but how does a basilisk no serve as your large snake? Is it just you want a constrict animation?

Nah, I like the Basilisk for what it is, I just don't personally like the Titanoboa for what it is. Ever since the Kibble update, they've been nothing but cave fodder... used to be super important(Their kibble was for Thylas, Dunkleos, and one other creature if I remember correctly, so it was really important). 

It's not really about "Oh no we have no big snake :(" because we do, it's just that there can be multiple big snakes that fill different roles. I also do see a lot of utility in what could basically be a huge tanky bear trap, especially if it does Torpor itself. 

On 12/1/2020 at 1:46 AM, Hemplethwaite said:

This is exactly the kind of narrow minded response I got to my "Why are there not more Dinosaurs in Battlefield" thread on the official battlefield forums 😛

Yikes that was a good one, I had to read it twice before I realized I almost fell for a joke. Well played.

Archived