Best way to start on Official PvP?

Disclaimer: I am experienced at Ark but not the best by any means! I know my way around the map and basic mechanics along with a good sense of PvP. So please if I say something that doesn’t make sense to you experienced players please correct me! 

Alright so there is probably a lot of controversy over what the best way to start Ark is. Reason for it is due to random chance, some luck, and some more luck. But since Friday is 2x XP I’m planning on hoping on all 4 DLC maps and doing a note run with a few of the x4 notes I figure I can get level 80 in one day (possibly 100 if I take a easy 100+ ptera to go to areas a lot faster) now I am a solo player (2 sometimes) and I would like to know if it’s better to also go on ARKpocalypse or small tribes? I don’t have intentions to becoming alpha and all of this. I just want to be able to have fun with the game have a base with Rexs, Argys, etc. Now with that being said which map would also be the best to start on or try to start on? I know every map really well except Ragnarok, and Abberation.