Why is PC always better than console and mobile

ScytheNopen

Ark PC is one of the best versions of Ark, yet not everybody has the chance to play it Bc they play console or mobile. Well I’m tired of it! All these game creators say they can’t add mods to the game Bc the ps4 doesn’t have the required parts to make it work. That is a huge pile of BS Bc all these fallout 4 players get mods and it’s a bigger game than Ark is. Maybe if our time wasn’t spent on DLCs maybe they would work harder at getting mods added to the other versions of the game. DLCs are not that important. What’s important is making sure the different versions of the game aren’t separated by the best part of some games. I sit here and watch modded series and think “Wow that won’t be for a while at least” Bc WildCard doesn’t want to deal with it. My friends all got bored of it Bc it got old WAY too fast. I just want some developers to try harder.

You seriously can not be comparing mobile gaming to console and PC. Its just laughable.

Yeah sure modding on console is a posibility but very few games actually do it. There is a reason why. For example could you imagine having to stick through each and every mod through certification each and everytime the game/mod is updated. To my knowledge particularly for xbox, Microsoft has much stricter criteria on what they allow on to their systems, but this is going into areas I dont know much about. 

Also I would imagine allowing modding doesnt pay the bills.

I own the game on PC and PS4. I think the game is better on PS4. I hate gaming on PC. I hate using a mouse and keyboard and I find that the PC community is generally larger and contains more hardcore players, hackers, and griefers. I much prefer playing on PS4 even though the performance is not as good and the interface isn't as good. 

27 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I own the game on PC and PS4. I think the game is better on PS4. I hate gaming on PC. I hate using a mouse and keyboard and I find that the PC community is generally larger and contains more hardcore players, hackers, and griefers. I much prefer playing on PS4 even though the performance is not as good and the interface isn't as good. 

As a console gamer myself I have to ask, what the raptor are you talking about?  Like I spent $200 building and customizing my ideal Xbox controller but even I wouldn't dare try to claim that it's better than a keyboard and mouse.

12 minutes ago, Spiral3 said:

As a console gamer myself I have to ask, what the raptor are you talking about?

I was pretty clear. Could you clarify your confusion? 

When did I say a console controller was better than a mouse and keyboard? I said I hate using mouse and keyboard. The controller is more comfortable and convenient. I prefer comfort over performance when gaming. 

5 hours ago, ScytheNopen said:

Ark PC is one of the best versions of Ark, yet not everybody has the chance to play it Bc they play console or mobile.

First of all mobile isn't Ark:survival evolved. It's an entirely different game run by another company. The WC devs made a business decision for this to happen.

As for mods on consoles, I don't think you actually understand the limitations there. Because 1 or 2 games has mods on console you automatically feel entitled to ark adding console modding capabilities.

You do realize even if this happened, it wouldn't include the steam workshop mods. New console mods would have to be created.

Limited size

Cannot use new assets

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/10/13/bethesda-talks-skyrim-mods-ps4-limitations/

You also have to look at how much effort and hoop jumping Bethesda had to do to make mods on console work.  Remember how long it took to get mods on the PS4?  The nature of console gaming is they are very tightly controlled environments.  This is to ensure that that players are on as level a playing field as possible while also making it much more difficult to cheat with game modifications and such.  Games can be built for very specific hardware optimizations and everything is plug and play for the gamer.  But this also means that consoles are stuck with the hardware they started with while PCs are free to evolve as long as the owner can afford it.  I was completely amazed that Microsoft and Sony ever permitted the modding of Fallout to begin with.  Custom code running on these machines can be a huge breach risk.  But I also assume Bethesda has to now dedicate a sizeable team of people to evaluate and approve/disapprove the mod applications.  Lets be honest and remember that Wildcard has stated they don't have enough staff to maintain Ark already as it is.  Do you really want them to attempt taking on a mod approval process that satisfies the console makers?  Console gaming has it's trade-offs.  If the controller is the main reason for you playing on your console, get a controller for your PC.

I would also argue that Ark is probably far more complex behind the scenes than Fallout 4.  I love Fallout, but I don't think it's monitoring and updating near as many data values, entities, and subroutines with each frame.  But that is just my opinion.

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

And theres me sitting in there corner with my fancy new gaming PC, yet still using my trusty Xbox controller. 

Yeah, I'd possibly do that too but I have few PC friends to play with and, like I said, I find that the console environment is different from the PC environment and I'm much more suited for a more casual experience. 

My only point is PC is not, in fact, better. There are pros and cons to PC and to console gaming. Personal preference rules the day. 

I can bet you 100% if wildcard was given the option to allow crossplay between all these platforms they would. Xbox already supports keyboard and mouse and a little bit of crossplay. Other games have shown it is recently possible to crosplay all platforms like fornite/cod/pubg but before it was not. So I am sure they have it on their mind to merge all the platforms eventually. Maybe not mobile though, given mobile Ark was made by a different dev and probably can't run the full version of ark.

1 minute ago, Juggernaut said:

I can bet you 100% if wildcard was given the option to allow crossplay between all these platforms they would. Xbox already supports keyboard and mouse and a little bit of crossplay. Other games have shown it is recently possible to crosplay all platforms like fornite/cod/pubg but before it was not. So I am sure they have it on their mind to merge all the platforms eventually. Maybe not mobile though, given mobile Ark was made by a different dev and probably can't run the full version of ark.

Oh god I hope not.

Btw PS4 works with m&k too.

4 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Best example here is Atlas with Grapeshot Games aka WC. Crossplay is already a thing between Xbox and Steam, sony just needs a good kicking in the right direction. 

Just now, Kharneth said:

I'm very happy with Sony's decision, personally. I don't want to play multiplayer games with xbox or PC players.

Rocket league, fornite, smite, COD, minecraft all allow it already. Just inevitable now most games going forward will do it. PS4/Xbox is basically just a cheap PC already anyways. Next gen consoles will even be on more par with mainstream PCs. It makes sense for devs, because it keeps the community base larger and not segregated which means more staying power.

2 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Rocket league, fornite, smite, COD, minecraft all allow it already. Just inevitable now most games going forward will do it. PS4/Xbox is basically just a cheap PC already anyways. Next gen consoles will even be on more par with mainstream PCs. It makes sense for devs, because it keeps the community base larger and not segregated which means more staying power.

i'm aware that's it's more or less inevitable. That doesn't change the fact that right now xbox and PC have crossplatform but PS4 by and large does not. It'll probably happen, but I'm not looking forward to it. I've never had an issue with staying power, other than Battleborn I've never stopped playing a game due to lack of players. 

14 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I'm very happy with Sony's decision, personally. I don't want to play multiplayer games with xbox or PC players.

Am not a big fan of being separated off from parts of my friend group because I bought the wrong console. Whats wrong with Xbox ? I dont really see the difference. 

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am not a big fan of being separated off from parts of my friend group because I bought the wrong console. Whats wrong with Xbox ? I dont really see the difference. 

My friend group is split between all 3 and not one feels like compromising so... 

It's more the PC players than xbox. And it's specifically shooters and competitive games that I don't want to be competing against. I know that when PS4 connects with xbox it'll likely be with PC too. So, xbox + ps4 is fine, I just doubt it'll stop there. I guess it would be very cool to play with my xbox friend, I just really don't want to play CoD with PC gamers. 

5 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

My friend group is split between all 3 and not one feels like compromising so... 

It's more the PC players than xbox. And it's specifically shooters and competitive games that I don't want to be competing against. I know that when PS4 connects with xbox it'll likely be with PC too. So, xbox + ps4 is fine, I just doubt it'll stop there. I guess it would be very cool to play with my xbox friend, I just really don't want to play CoD with PC gamers. 

yeah the argument is controller vs KBM and high refresh rates on PC. I use to be a strictly FPS controller until I started using KBM for FPS. Aim is better, but movement is never nearly as precise given analog joysticks offer more range. Some devs have balanced this through aim-assist for controllers. Plus some controller users are just as competitive as KBM players.

1 minute ago, Juggernaut said:

yeah the argument is controller vs KBM and high refresh rates on PC. I use to be a strictly FPS controller until I started using KBM for FPS. Aim is better, but movement is never nearly as precise given analog joysticks offer more range. Some devs have balanced this through aim-assist for controllers. Plus some controller users are just as competitive as KBM players.

That's the thing, there's always a give-and-take. I like how the problem is a physical one, like there's just no feasible way to make a perfect gaming tool. Even VR isn't going to replace controllers or KBM. 

6 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

I cant bring myself to play Halo on the PC with a KBM. Just feels so wrong ?

Archived