All tribe members became invisible

CyberHunter

Question about the latest patch note.

So the patch note says "Following this update, if players have been offline for a continuous 2 week time period, their sleeping bodies will no longer replicate. " So does that mean that tribe members that are mostly inactive will just be invisible or does it mean that they will be deleted characters and not able to spawn in as their character anymore? I am assuming they will just remain invisible but I want to make sure. Thanks for any info!

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Question about the latest patch note.

So the patch note says "Following this update, if players have been offline for a continuous 2 week time period, their sleeping bodies will no longer replicate. " So does that mean that tribe members that are mostly inactive will just be invisible or does it mean that they will be deleted characters and not able to spawn in as their character anymore? I am assuming they will just remain invisible but I want to make sure. Thanks for any info!

That means they will remains there, but will no longer replicate to connected clients (saving networking and whatnot for players that are inactive and logged off). However, this is a terrible solution if you ask me. This basically introduces untouchable storage. Let me just whip-fill an alt with all my valuables, log him off, protect him for 2 weeks, and just like that I now have a protected backup plan if I ever get raided. EDIT: Just looked at the patch notes, and it says only PvE so that doesn't really matters I guess.

Players no longer replicate?

Current Server Version: v793.35 - 1/7/19

Applied a one time disabling of replication (invisible) on all sleeping (logged off) players on all Official PvE servers. After logging back onto servers, the players will again replicate (visible) and will continue to remain so for subsequent sleeps. Following this update, if players have been offline for a continuous 2 week time period, their sleeping bodies will no longer replicate. This change will improve both client and server performance by reducing the amount of sleeping bodies that will need to be replicated.

Does it mean with "no longer replicate" after two weeks? Clear/Delete they all Players what no come online next two weeks? Wipe Wildcard my Tribemates?

9 minutes ago, Fetzen said:

Players no longer replicate?

Current Server Version: v793.35 - 1/7/19

Applied a one time disabling of replication (invisible) on all sleeping (logged off) players on all Official PvE servers. After logging back onto servers, the players will again replicate (visible) and will continue to remain so for subsequent sleeps. Following this update, if players have been offline for a continuous 2 week time period, their sleeping bodies will no longer replicate. This change will improve both client and server performance by reducing the amount of sleeping bodies that will need to be replicated.

Does it mean with "no longer replicate" after two weeks? Clear/Delete they all Players what no come online next two weeks? Wipe Wildcard my Tribemates?

No it just means their body won't appear in game until they log back on. Just a way to help server performance by not having an extra unused graphic to render in. 

character replication update

Now that characters doesn't replicate if the player hasn't logged on for 2 weeks.... I have met some problems:

1, My tribe has a row of sleeping pods. Now that inactive members are invisible, it has became pretty hard to tell which pod is empty and which is filled

2, Structure blocked by invisible characters when being placed (or so I think this is the cause)

Is it possible to configure client and replicate the characters that are in a bed or blocking structures again? 

Archived