Plant species X in caves with no near water

Geostryx

Okay, so I'm built in a cave and would like to grow plant species X. I watched nooblet's video about water reservoirs, it doesn't seem to work out for me. Each tank is empty. Running pipes from elsewhere is out of the question. 

My question is has anyone successfully placed plant species X in their cave base without a nearby water source, and do water reservoirs still fill up through condensation as of 2020? It's killing me that I can't do this. 

PS. Post Turret Wall ideas please 

unless they have undated it a water resevior(not connected to water source)  can only filled by rain or manually  with bottles/jars/water skins

pipes are a good way to go most of the time as once connected need no more attention and are cheap on resources to construct but can take some effort to install if you some way from water source.   

you can wait for resevoirs to fill  through condensation which I believe is what was in nooblets video you speak of. just dont have a tap on the pipes draining the little bit that is in there and let it build up. I do it in abberation with no connected water source.

Also Personally I find it best to just make a bunch of canteens and fill them manually the first time, let the taps fill the crop plots, fill the reservoirs one more time at most and let it just auto fill from condensation after that.

35 minutes ago, Piffguru said:

you can wait for resevoirs to fill  through condensation which I believe is what was in nooblets video you speak of. just dont have a tap on the pipes draining the little bit that is in there and let it build up. I do it in abberation with no connected water source.

Also Personally I find it best to just make a bunch of canteens and fill them manually the first time, let the taps fill the crop plots, fill the reservoirs one more time at most and let it just auto fill from condensation after that.

Thanks, how long does it take for them to generate water, and now many do you use?  I made 6 so far, wanted to irrigate two crop plots to help my turrets at the entrance. 

13 hours ago, Geostryx said:

Thanks, how long does it take for them to generate water, and now many do you use?  I made 6 so far, wanted to irrigate two crop plots to help my turrets at the entrance. 

I think I have like 25 or 30 but I think it was overkill tbh. I use them for like 15 plant z plants and just to have a tap in the base but I think it was probably overkill, I use like 9 or 10 on extinction.

Archived