Why don't we have any 1/2 height behemoth gates?

Cyclops

Suggestion

As the title suggests, to reduce base sizes which in turn help server lag, create Behemoth gates that are half the height of the current ones.

We need behemoth gates for larger dinos.   This requires having walls the same height as the gate for ceilings, usually 13-14 walls high.   If you created a square gate, essentially 6x6 tiles or 7x7 tiles it would allow pretty much all dinos through it except giga's.    People would only need to have base walls perhaps 8-9 walls high for a base ceiling.   You would be reducing 5 tiles of walls around an entire base.

You need something between a Dino gate and a Behemoth gate.   One is to small, the other is complete overkill sometimes.

3 replies to this server topic

I really don't get why people get why people don't use fence foundations and walls and pillars between them its more detailed and looks way better than that gate stuff then again I moved to valguero and we don't use fences of gates for anything the worse we have is raptors and the ocasional rex or alpha and random allos but they stopped coming near the base

I was referring to the main base, not the perimeter walls.   Often we're forced to make bases with walls 14 high to fit above behemoth gates.    Sometimes we don't want giga sized dinos in the base, but a regular dino gate is to small.    Medium sized gate would allow us to make smaller bases and still get 99% of dinos through it.

Archived