Why can’t I play my own dedicated server

Does Ark really expected me to sit in front my mf Xbox and not play my dedicated server? I have never been more frustrated then this. If you have the option to host a dedicated server you should be able to play it. And dedicated servers are the only way to get rid of that retarded player restrictions zone. 

2 hours ago, Jeeebs said:

Does Ark really expected me to sit in front my mf Xbox and not play my dedicated server? I have never been more frustrated then this. If you have the option to host a dedicated server you should be able to play it. And dedicated servers are the only way to get rid of that retarded player restrictions zone. 

I think you need 2 xbox's. One to host and one to play.

Aylana is correct.  A dedicated server requires either a computer running the Windows Store version of Ark or an XBox running Ark.   Neither of these devices will have a playable character.

If you play on Xbox, you will need to connect to the server using your XBox friend's list on a different XBox than the dedicated server by using Join Game.

You can not run a dedicated server and play on the same device.  

If you want to play on your own server with a friend or by yourself using only 1 device (xbox or pc).  You will use the Non-Dedicated Server.  Any friends you play with will be tethered to you if you are the host.  

Hope that helps.

Archived