45 Degree Building

Aidanamite

Suggestion

45 Degree Building

I've seen many posts and discussions concerning structures that use 45 degree angles and the issues with implementation of them without unbalencing things and I have had a thought about how you could make it work without allowing surface area/cost expoilts or unnessasary complexity. Add the 45 degree foundation, ceiling, ect as seperate items, but instead of the standard idea of streatching the walls or making wide varients of each wall peice add "Thin Walls". The concept I'm thinking is to make it so you use the regular wall pieces at the long edge but it would leave a gap (because the regular wall isn't wide enough to cover the area) which can be filled with a "Thin Wall". and the thin wall could come in 2 varients one with 2 smaller parts either side (for centering a normal wall type piece) or 1 small part at one side of the edge.

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this idea I would like to hear. I'm open for positive and negetive feedback.

Also if people aare having trouble understanding what I am suggesting please let me know and I will try to clarify

Edit: just to clarify, when i say "wall peice", I am refering to any structure part that can go where a wall can

3 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, Aidanamite said:

Well typically yes but if you read through my post i did address this. What I am proposing is that instead of double of all the wall type peices you have smaller wall peices that fill in the extra space and you simply put a regular wall peice and a small wall peice to make up the area of a wider wall peice. this removes the need for double-ups of all the wall components

This also requires additional pieces.

I doubt this suggestion will be considered. It took WC years to add triangles and then it was only because they could copy and paste from a mod.

This would basically mean double versions of everything.

Walls, diagonal walls

Door frames, diagonal door frames.

Railings

Window walls

Etc 

Equilateral triangle where all sides are the same length are what's typically used in survival games. Ark added these from the structures plus mod in the Homestead update.

Well typically yes but if you read through my post i did address this. What I am proposing is that instead of double of all the wall type peices you have smaller wall peices that fill in the extra space and you simply put a regular wall peice and a small wall peice to make up the area of a wider wall peice. this removes the need for double-ups of all the wall components

Archived