Switch Pro Summer 2020

Muki19

Switch Pro Summer 2020

there is a rumor that a switch pro with significantly more power and with 4k support will come in summer 2020. the question is, if the new switch is so much better, will wildcard finally patch the switch version of ark?

wildcard could comment on that.

but at least ark should run better without a patch on the new switch pro

11 hours ago, Muki19 said:

Switch Pro Summer 2020

there is a rumor that a switch pro with significantly more power and with 4k support will come in summer 2020. the question is, if the new switch is so much better, will wildcard finally patch the switch version of ark?

wildcard could comment on that.

but at least ark should run better without a patch on the new switch pro

Yeah, Switch ARK dynamically adjusts resolution scale as framerate dips occur, so a Switch with a stouter hardware profile would make it better in that single aspect alone.  The other more specific graphics options, I think they are fixed and can barely be adjusted.  But a Switch ARK with less pop-in render issues, less resolution scale dips, and higher FPS would be brilliant.

I spent about 300 hours on official Switch ARK, got decent tames, did some cave exploration, some imprinting, and had a blast.  Only left because PC started calling again, and the server on Switch went basically full-dead.

if ark on the pro runs better it should also sell better so the support of this version shouldn't be in the way.

I just wonder if wildcard or abstraction games from the Switch pro were known much earlier but couldn't tell us that they might patch them when the pro was released.

It might explain Wildcard's silence, right?

either way I'm looking forward to a more stable ark at switch ... wildcard doesn't even have to release a patch.

ark looks ok on the switch, it just has a problem with memory management and memory shortage with too many objects. switch pro could fix that.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived