Chibi collection has been confusing and infuriating

AnimaSolis

This event has been so unbelievably frustrating. Reason? No one knows how Gacha Claus is supposed to work and it seems that some players have been easily getting every chibi by feeding one coal or mistletoe per time and successfully getting crystals. 

meanwhile others are having to use stacks of ten to get crystals??

Why were the mechanics not explained so the community can actually farm these chibis without wasting huge amounts of time?

Not to mention you ran a competition for the first to collect them all which is completely unfair because of the above.

I have spent hours upon hours grinding for chibis only to find out I should have been getting a Crystal per coal? When I could only get them by feeding stacks of ten?

What gives Wild Card???

It took a bit for me to figure out but all you have to do is watch the crystals on the gacha's back. If there are 3 feed it coal or mistle. If there aren't, wait for the crystals to grow back and there are 3 before feeding it. This has worked 100% for me only having to use 1 coal or mistle. That being said, the over all chibi collecting has been awful due to the artificial rarity Wildcard has introduced. In any case hopefully this method helps in the last few hours of the event for you.

As was said above, its the crystals on its back. The gacha has to be able to hit plants/brush on the ground for its crystals to grow back. If its on a beach without plants, use a wyvern or gasbag to blow it over to some plants. It will hit them, the crystals will grow back and you will be able to feed I per crystal. I do agree some instructions would have been nice, since there was a lot of trial and error and the event was only so long. But, it was still fun and I hope they do it again. 

7 hours ago, AnimaSolis said:

This event has been so unbelievably frustrating. Reason? No one knows how Gacha Claus is supposed to work and it seems that some players have been easily getting every chibi by feeding one coal or mistletoe per time and successfully getting crystals. 

meanwhile others are having to use stacks of ten to get crystals??

Why were the mechanics not explained so the community can actually farm these chibis without wasting huge amounts of time?

Not to mention you ran a competition for the first to collect them all which is completely unfair because of the above.

I have spent hours upon hours grinding for chibis only to find out I should have been getting a Crystal per coal? When I could only get them by feeding stacks of ten?

What gives Wild Card???

I was in the same boat originally, until I did some looking around. In fairness, it is documented on the ARK wikis. There's even been lots of discussion here about it. But the real problem is that even if you were getting an item per coal/mistletoe, you wouldn't have gotten many more distinct Chibis. I have thousand of Chibis now and was still missing 9 of them. So I just admin spawned the last few in. Funny thing is... after admin spawning them in I opened one more small batch of Gacha Claus crystals and got three of the 9 I was missing in that small batch. RNG is ridiculous on the Chibis.

7 hours ago, Ocicat said:

It took a bit for me to figure out but all you have to do is watch the crystals on the gacha's back. If there are 3 feed it coal or mistle. If there aren't, wait for the crystals to grow back and there are 3 before feeding it. This has worked 100% for me only having to use 1 coal or mistle. That being said, the over all chibi collecting has been awful due to the artificial rarity Wildcard has introduced. In any case hopefully this method helps in the last few hours of the event for you.

yeah did it this way, I got 2 vaults of chibis, 1 vault of candys and lots of stuff for the grinder. However I still don't know if the gacha level or gacha pairs are increasing the chance of getting rare loot or not. 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, IrishAlexis said:

As was said above, its the crystals on its back. The gacha has to be able to hit plants/brush on the ground for its crystals to grow back. If its on a beach without plants, use a wyvern or gasbag to blow it over to some plants. It will hit them, the crystals will grow back and you will be able to feed I per crystal. I do agree some instructions would have been nice, since there was a lot of trial and error and the event was only so long. But, it was still fun and I hope they do it again. 

This is wrong, no plants are needed. On the last day I worked out the most effective way to feed them is by dropping a single mistletoe and then feeding one coal. You get maximum crystals that way. But it’s the RNG that’s the issue. I think using systems like with the super turkeys to craft and obtain items is way better than this RNG approach because you can get everything is you work hard and put the time in. With RNG,... someone who spends 10 hours could get then all through luck and someone spending way more time could still miss many of them.

Archived