Community Crunch 212: Legacy Servers, Winter Wonderland 4, and Sponsored Mod Applications

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, ThePryBar said:

How are you a loyal customer? If you were truly loyal you would have left legacy at the first migration, wildcard clearly wanted to close it down but they decided to be nice and not force anyone off. But 4 years later I guess their patience has eroded away.

haha leaving legacy has nothing to do with being loyal lololol .I believe his reference he means playing the game with all the bugs/and all while being unsupported unlike Official with all its cry babies that need their hand held ...4 years we still have 30 or so servers ;) for pve atleast :Dpvp tho are literally dead servers 1-5 playerbase totally agree repurpose these..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

How are you a loyal customer? If you were truly loyal you would have left legacy at the first migration, wildcard clearly wanted to close it down but they decided to be nice and not force anyone off. But 4 years later I guess their patience has eroded away.

im just going to miss playing with my buds and my levels

in facts ill just miss everything. ?

also Hows is being loyal have to do with legacy? its the way i want to play. if i could get a free private server for my buds we would play like that.

and iv bought every DLC and got the game right when it came out on Xbox, and when i sent some art to them i got a Collectors edition and i love it. so don't throw  "your not loyal" stuff in here. some of people have gotten the game Right when it came out on steam.

Edited by Udam

@Lycan187u

How is playing an un supported version of this game when there are supported versions available loyalty? I think that your confusing loyalty with stupidity, it is easy to get those two mixed up. 

The only cry babies are the legacy players that didnt see this coming and are now having hissy fits because what was predicted 4 years ago has finally came to pass.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, ThePryBar said:

@Lycan187u

How is playing an un supported version of this game when there are supported versions available loyalty? I think that your confusing loyalty with stupidity, it is easy to get those two mixed up. 

The only cry babies are the legacy players that didnt see this coming and are now having hissy fits because what was predicted 4 years ago has finally came to pass.

no u seem to love commenting/replying questions why ppl play the games they play .you can keep official ide have to play nice and I don't wanna wait for a gm to wait to seek revenge that's mine not some noob that doesn't even play the gamelol just gets payed to babysit.

3 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

@Lycan187u

lol not all legacy  is closing :D silly ...stupidity is thinking theres a difference in legacy/official in wildcards eyes its just$$ one day some hardware failor or some excuse lol all official will be doing as legacy is now.Wildcard made a great game yes but one major flaw.they made it so ppl could live their real lives ingame .literally to weeks to breed a dino then lose to a bug .official peeps whole world would be lost bahahaha me no support I laugh breed another:D its survival ...survive

48 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

@Udam

Why didn't you leave legacy when you first heard that new official servers were being released?  If the developers wanted you to leave and asked you all very nicely to do so but you refused why? 

@ThePryBar

1: me and my friends use them as free private servers due to the fact that we can't get money (were young only 16) 

2: my friends are their 

3: Offical is just a can of bugs (not to say legacy was perfect but it was better cuz you could build up and got get rekt in 2 secs )

4: i don't want to deal with the host barrier 

5: don't want to join someone else server due to the fact that most of them are boosted AF

Edited by Udam

@Cedric

Please, make something profesionnal, make an annoucement or something, even the release is delayed a bit. You pushed it back to January, ok fair enough, but your communication in WC is absolutely no-profesionnal at all. WC should take responsability and be tranparent. WC set themselves a deadline, just deal with it and keep the community in touch.

Also, take a statement about Legacy (about getting Genesis or futur wipes) WC never did in the past, we knew you would close very low pop servers, but share us your view and follow it.

I think most of ppl saying "i went to new cluster since day 1 blablaba, or close legacy" are just selfish af, people who stayed on Legacy had reasons to do so (a long history with huge bases, friends, nice community, etc) and keep i mind it was said legacy would get new maps, and they never said they'll close it, like they never said they won't ofc. As long as PvE Legacy keeps some servers with mid-pop, no reason to close it. We don't need support, we made our own, we are way more hard-tryer than ppl on New legacy anyway.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having the same issue on extinction SP, no OSD's or Element Veins the last two nights I have Played. Noticed last night that no corrupted Dino's are spawning eaiter. I also have the continued issue of no Wyvrens, Titanosaurs, or Gigas on Ragnarok that started at least two weeks ago. No Wyvrens on Valguero eaither.

11 hours ago, Alocoste said:

@Cedric

Please, make something profesionnal, make an annoucement or something, even the release is delayed a bit. You pushed it back to January, ok fair enough, but your communication in WC is absolutely no-profesionnal at all. WC should take responsability and be tranparent. WC set themselves a deadline, just deal with it and keep the community in touch.

Also, take a statement about Legacy (about getting Genesis or futur wipes) WC never did in the past, we knew you would close very low pop servers, but share us your view and follow it.

I think most of ppl saying "i went to new cluster since day 1 blablaba, or close legacy" are just selfish af, people who stayed on Legacy had reasons to do so (a long history with huge bases, friends, nice community, etc) and keep i mind it was said legacy would get new maps, and they never said they'll close it, like they never said they won't ofc. As long as PvE Legacy keeps some servers with mid-pop, no reason to close it. We don't need support, we made our own, we are way more hard-tryer than ppl on New legacy anyway.

Thanks.

Very true ;)To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.    Official statement  from @Jatheishhopefully they will remember  community  crunch 135... and stand by what they said....

20 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials)

I've got a ticket not too long time ago, and got the following answer:

GM XyXyXy November 25, 2019 23:25

Hello Survivor,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies but unfortunately, we will no longer be able to offer support on the legacy servers. Legacy servers are the servers that were available pre alpha.

I’m going to provide you some links with more information about this. Feel free to check it out when you have a chance.

Going forward, we will be offering support on the new servers!

Message truncated, GM name removed.

Yes, they are answering Legacy tickets, but they are not able to do anything...

I just want to say a few things.
First of all, I, like all the other kids who play on Legacy servers, paid for the game like everyone else. It’s not fair that just because we play here, we have to be seen as second-class players. We’ve been busting our asses for thousands of hours raising, growing and defending the bases from everything, bad players first of all. Now all of a sudden you have to shut down the server to open new ones where no one else will play. Because maybe you haven’t figured it out yet, but it’s the old players who bring new players on this game. Only I have joined 5 of my friends to play in the Legacy where I am. If I abandon myself, they also abandon them. And that’s six less players if you apply that reasoning to everyone. 0 IQ.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joegamer33 said:

Sorry if this was already discussed and I haven't seen it but if there giving legacy players the save files should we still move our stuff to another server?  Or just leave it on the server till it goes down? When will the save file be dated to?

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/server-backups/   but sadly they are from 7/8/2019 :((

• 2 weeks later...

Good bye Xbox Offical primative server 94. The only primative server on xbox. We will be losing everything even our player. Erased. Our numbers dropped because the fear of this. Primative are vet players and had to play hard core. Many hour's Could not just put baby away to go out. You stay or its dead. We are good people not greedy or cheaters. Guess who cares.