Community Crunch 212: Legacy Servers, Winter Wonderland 4, and Sponsored Mod Applications

StudioWildcard

Why is everyone giving wildcard crap for having a buggy game, some of the best or at least games considered good BY PLAYERS are buggy as hell. Games like CoD, Halo, Minecraft, Skyrim. Those are all broken as hell but most people love or at least deal with them, but "oh my god, I lost a character on ark. Must absolutely hate on the company that made this game."

7 hours ago, Nitrozeus2289 said:

Why is everyone giving wildcard crap for having a buggy game, some of the best or at least games considered good BY PLAYERS are buggy as hell. Games like CoD, Halo, Minecraft, Skyrim. Those are all broken as hell but most people love or at least deal with them, but "oh my god, I lost a character on ark. Must absolutely hate on the company that made this game."

Wildcard has a great game concept called Ark Survival, unfortunately, just the concept, she urgently needs a new internal meeting to respect herself as a company and reaffirm her values, a frank conversation without rancor looking at the cases that went wrong, like servers. SA, learning from mistakes and solving them consistently and professionally, focused on good service, improving market image There are structural flaws in game design, monitoring software, servers are a headache and lack of regional representatives who understand Players can make the game succumb, depending on amateur measures forever. To be a company, you have to leverage core values and try to follow the path of other companies - an example would be Blizzard, even if the example is light years ahead, it's time to stop believing and start doing it. It is very sad that you read the game owner making some statements that succumb to ARK's image as a company, the person who buys the game will want to play where the ping is lowest and if in this place the game owner does not provide adequate support for A good gaming experience, comes an obvious question, how do you intend to sell new DLCs if you do not care about your greater good, the consumer of your games. With bad experiences and even worse excuses he won't buy his DLC.

15 hours ago, Remitente said:

That's basic, in which game can you lose the progress of what you've been playing for years by reusing servers ???? it's crazy !!! it is very unfair. Why can't they leave a cluster that is 8 maps, so that all Legacy players go?

Games don't last forever. Your progress isn't lost, it's contained within the legacy save files that everyone has access to.

People are able to setup a legacy cluster if they are so inclined.

17 hours ago, Orfew said:

Wildcard has a great game concept called Ark Survival, unfortunately, just the concept, she urgently needs a new internal meeting to respect herself as a company and reaffirm her values, a frank conversation without rancor looking at the cases that went wrong, like servers. SA, learning from mistakes and solving them consistently and professionally, focused on good service, improving market image There are structural flaws in game design, monitoring software, servers are a headache and lack of regional representatives who understand Players can make the game succumb, depending on amateur measures forever. To be a company, you have to leverage core values and try to follow the path of other companies - an example would be Blizzard, even if the example is light years ahead, it's time to stop believing and start doing it. It is very sad that you read the game owner making some statements that succumb to ARK's image as a company, the person who buys the game will want to play where the ping is lowest and if in this place the game owner does not provide adequate support for A good gaming experience, comes an obvious question, how do you intend to sell new DLCs if you do not care about your greater good, the consumer of your games. With bad experiences and even worse excuses he won't buy his DLC.

And I understand that, and you make a great point in all of that, but when you get the whiners that when there is a bug they yell at wildcard, so they come out with a patch, then that creates a new bug by accident, then everyone tells wildcard how poop they are for creating a patch that creates more bugs, when in reality every game has bugs and every patch made for one bug is very likely to create a new bug. You are right they need to work harder on player enjoyment and entertainment, but yelling at them for every little problem down to a missing dodo is not going help there case or ours

• Like 1

Releasing an 23gb update on console on a friday evening...unannounced...breaking more stuff instead of fixing/not breaking more things.

No surprise why comments can be so harsh... COMMUNICATE!! 

Not able to place down double doors and triangle pieces needs fixing now.

Extinction is broken veins n dino

N PLS MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PVP N PVE! pvp rebalancing ruins the PvE experience!

10 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Los juegos no duran para siempre. Su progreso no se pierde, está contenido en los archivos de guardado heredados a los que todos tienen acceso.

Las personas pueden configurar un clúster heredado si así lo desean.

Yes, paying to use the server and with an admin ... sorry but that is no longer ark

Whatever was fixed it deleted all my Christmas candies!!!!  I had at lease 100, a lot of them acendant or MasterCraft. I want them back. This is some crap. It bugged out while we were defending a corrupted vein and I couldn't see the vein or the dinos. Followed by one of our best wyverns getting kicked cus it dcd us. Then all of our chibis got reset 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, BRAScorpion said:

Well i will just lose my main character?
Its funny becouse in the early's 2019, transfer between legacy and smalltribes or oficial were allowed, why is it anymore?

No transfers were ever allowed from Legacy to non-Legacy clusters.

Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention please. Let me start by saying -  This is wishful thinking if you think January 28th is the release date, I truly think you're wrong. But not far off from the correct date. OK, Lets pretend and imagine today's the 28th, and you are ready to announce the opening debut of your new DLC, and you are ready to open your servers on the same day, you just deleted a bunch of legacy servers on the same day. Let's stop right there. I would see them running into problems. That's a lot of changes to happen in one day. I doubt they would do all of this under 24 hours. 

- However, I could imagine the DLC to drop a few days after the 28th. Regardless of these estimates, I obviously hope it drops sooner rather than later. I also hope we have a Heads Up to plan ahead, and I hope this next release date will be a final date and time for the Ark Survival Evolved Community. 

Wildcard this is not meant to sound disrespectful in any way this is merely my opinion, I hope I can be proved wrong  because I don't want to wait any longer, anyways I'd like to thank you for this great game you have given us, and the dedication your team has put into this.   

Best Regards - AH

On 1/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Nothing at all about Genesis? 

Well as what jatheist said "We are currently working on PS4 certification (same as all platforms so they release simultaneously) and getting it ready for the update to release once it's ready we will let you know officially" and they are currently playing the closed beta at this time to make sure everything is running smoothly so please be patient!.

Will be a great release of new DLC when people can't build their bases.. Some of the players can build but some can't and I am part of those who can't. And there is no help. I tried verify my local files, restarted PC, log off/log in, flew away from my base and back but no. I can't place any pickupable parts/stuff. Thank you for making playing stupid, since I can't make new narcotics even because I was stupid enough to try to remove my mortal and place it again, since it worked with my S+ bed. But nope, can't place anymore anything. So thank you. In waiting of repair of this mess.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, Jennag02 said:

A save file does nothing for us. Years of work will be gone. I will never give studio wildcard another dime. Way to screw your most loyal customers

How are you a loyal customer? If you were truly loyal you would have left legacy at the first migration, wildcard clearly wanted to close it down but they decided to be nice and not force anyone off. But 4 years later I guess their patience has eroded away.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1