Community Crunch 212: Legacy Servers, Winter Wonderland 4, and Sponsored Mod Applications

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, WhipSky said:

We were warned before the release that the legacy servers were going to be abandoned and the reduction little by little of the number of servers and the possibility of providing the save files was in my view a fair management from WC.

Like the majority of the players I migrated to the new servers at the release, those who stayed on legacy servers knew what to expect ...

I support this decision. Especially from those who are South American, wildcard has clearly shown that it has no respect for this region.

• Facepalm 1

Come sempre ci sono controversie sulle varie decisioni, sopratutto su quest'ultima decisione di chiudere i server legacy, ricordatevi solo che se avete perso tempo lì e stata una vostra scelta, ovviamente alla jolly devono anche considererae il fattore spesa/guadagno che e cio che permette agli sviluppatori di poter continuare il loro lavoro, percui non lamentatevi ma limitatevi a ringraziare il fatto che continuano a cercare suluzioni per poter continuare a migliorare il nostro amatissimo ark, invece che lasciarlo a se stesso, l'unica cosa che chiedo e di poter avere qualche informazione sulla data di uscita della genesis, alla fine molti utenti hanno gia versato la somma da voi richiesta, il minimo e tenerli aggiornati in tempo reale sullo sviluppo della nuova espansione.

@Cedric I really hoped for an extend of the event because of all the gigantic problems people had during the event. 

We had tons of server crashes, constant max pings and many other issues (chibis resetting and so on). 

There was nearly no support because you guys probably took a vacation which is more than fine but some more days with higher rates would be a good compensation for having ALL your imprints over the whole event delayed by 1-4 hours because of lags and crashes.

We had way less event time because of the horrible lags and crashes is what I'm trying to say.

Happy new year to everyone.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, captyarrr said:

So, ALL ( PvP and PvE) legacy servers will be closed? After the last 3 events and buying Genesis I'm forced to leave my places where i play since the first week of ARK? Almost 5K hours on legacy ( FIRST OFFICIALS!!!) PvE....

Might want to re-read.

All PVP. Some PVE.

7 hours ago, 2x3m said:

I dont even play on Legacy anymore i moved to official on day 1 official came out because i saw that coming but i can understand the People that was still playing on Legacy to the fullest bc there is no support its all about the community! If you have a good Community over there and someone blocks off a cave, its no problem then People will Block all his Gates with Brontos and Gigas  for example until he didnt block off the community from the cave anymore, that kind of stuff they mean when they say "we fix it ourself" and instead of blaming the Legacy Players, what about Studio Wildcard? They are the Ones that made promises they dont keep! (Once again) Of Course this People are pissed off, and it seems like that Wildcard forgot some of these ppl are or was your Base and helped you to your success! And to tell them "Future content will also come to the Legacy Servers" and then say "hell no we close ALL PVP LEGACY SERVERS NOW and some of the pve its like ok give me your money and you dont get anything back ok? So what do you expect? That they are happy now? Sorry but thats no positive Vibes at all.

not sure if you read my post or just read some of it and decided to respond, but i was basically saying in an admittedly poor tone that they should take those communities and just set up their own servers. there is nothing inherantly wrong with unofficials and i still can't see why people are so against them. literally every bad thing people say about unofficial servers, wildcard has done to legacies. They are LITERALLY killing the servers.

studio wildcard deserves alot of blame for alot of things, but they have been transparent from the launch of the current official cluster that legacies were on borrowed time. they made no promises regarding legacy servers and even if they did how are you going to enforce it? the official servers were NEVER included as a promise in any of their original advertisement material and the game was never advertised as online only.  Trust me i am mad at them for alot of things but it doesn't mean i am going to just rollover and quit because that would mean the communities and friendships i have formed meant nothing in the end.  I am not blaming the legacy people for what is happening to them i am blaming them for how alot of them are responding to perceived hardship.

Wildcard has not forgot their base demographic, official players of all colors make up the minority of all people who play ark.  Nowhere on their steam page did wildcard say that this was a completely online game or that they were even providing the hardware for you to play online with. They sold you a game that can be played completely in single player or you can set up your own servers.  They have provided free official servers to the playerbase at cost, and you still have people who literally paid for this game 5 years ago and have sunk thousands of hours into it thinking that their 59.99 or whatever gives them a right to dictate the terms of this free support, forever.

If some sort of fee was being paid that you could then revoke in protest then you would have some sort of ability to dictate change to them, but the fact that most people feel so impotent about this just says that you invested a signifigant portion of your time and effort into something that you had no guarantee of keeping.

I actually am sorry people are losing their free places to play, but at the end of the day if you have played this game for more than 10 hours you have easily gotten your money's worth when you take into account all the other daily things humans spend money on that give less payback, like eating out.

and to those who already purchased genesis and are regretting it, why on earth would you preorder a thing when there is no limited amount of them? there will be the same amount of genesis if you buy it the day of as there will if you bought it when they first mentioned the trailer.

Edited by Kaprosuchus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

now...

WHEN IS THE LAG GOING TO BE FIXED.

Lag is out of control on crossplay servers. it breaks the game. we all die all the time, get dismounted, lose tames, lose items. We get time traveled upwards of 2 or 3 minutes... UPGRADE YOUR SERVERS WHEN YOU TAKE DOWN LEGACY.

I represent everyone when i say :

fix the game before selling more dlc.

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, TanyaHellsing said:

Seriously, 0 support for legacy.

People just bought the genesis pack which as delayed.

You released x2 breeding and wonderful events.

Next thing you do is kill 90% of legacy servers?

Allow us on legacy to transfer our tames, and character to official...

OR give us savefiles of our servers.

At lest show the old legacy players that much respect.

Happy new year wildcard....

Take it you missed the part where they said "We've read the feedback from legacy players and know that you've invested time and created memories on these servers.  Immediately following the closure of legacy servers, we will be providing the save files from those servers for you to download."

18 minutes ago, Blackmage2015 said:

i don’t know why we cant transfer from legacy to official most things on official are so mutated and x amount of generations of tames have emerged things have become rather easy. So what does legacy have that we don’t have now. 

Maybe its time for a full wipe followed by better official settings.

• Like 2