Community Crunch 212: Legacy Servers, Winter Wonderland 4, and Sponsored Mod Applications

StudioWildcard

So there is also no announcement about the bug with dropping the cryopods. What happens to all the dino we all lost because of a mistake from you?! 

If you transfer your char with a cryod dino and open it, you'd lose em. But we also lost a giga and a wyvern without changing the server. 

And to communicate that we use duped dino and we just should stop duping is crap. Own bred dino due the event are lost just because you aren't able to present a bug free game after almost 3 years of frigging release.

I really want a good answer what happened to the cryos and how we could get back our animals.

22 minutes ago, Avengel said:

Pretty sure legacy won't be getting the new map, why would they. They said literally years ago legacy will be receiving no more support, and they will be giving the saves for download. You want the dead server, you pay for it.

legacy will be getting genesis ;) they just wont be supported ^^ which theres realy no need for support... ive played legacy 5 years without any issues .we handle our own problems as a community.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

no. no you arent entitled to.

WC owes you nothing they said they were discontinuing support and it was very clear and obvious that the legacy servers would eventually be retired in full.

i mean seriously people who played for 2+ years on legacy with the expectation for it to be supported and updated bitched less than most current legacy players.

and getting support and getting the new maps very much is the same thing. if you cancelled your netflix subscription you wouldnt expect to get all the new shows... and you wouldnt use windows xp and expect to get all the new games on it...

i just find it crazy that people are really going to complain about what they knew was coming

and then beyond that you have the option to get a copy of the server you played on and possibly make your own server.

Windows XP files still supported in new Windows. It just you cant backtrack. Wildcard can let Legacy players to transfer their character to Official.

I would say they are entitled to refund. 

If you start to play ark a year back and you started on legacy server. There is no notification on client side saying legacy server wont be supported. New players do not know about the crunch or the forum. Wildcard should put notification on the client side about legacy status. If they can put new event notification, it wont be difficult to put legacy notification on client.

If you want players to play in unofficial, wildcard should charge player to play on official server not on game copy.

BTW if you cancel netflix subscription, you wont getting any netflix show. what do you mean getting all show after cancelling?

Wildcard should have made this announces before start selling genesis.

Edited by Chax9101
  • Like 1

To be clear, if you're playing on a Legacy Server you will not be able to transfer to the new Official servers and Legacy servers will still receive total and complete support (just like the New Officials) in regards to Game Updates and future ARK Expansions, so you can expect to see future DLC servers added to the Legacy Cluster.

ARK: State of the Game

• July 19, 2017

original you can find here:

so the Legacy Players arent crazy imo. For me it looks like Studio Wildcard dont do what they promised. (One Time More)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am mystified why the legacy community is so upset. and no this isn't a hating on legacy thing. what i mean is if i played on legacy and this was just coming down the pipes instead of letting the community i was so fond of go i'd just set up a new server.  then again i have the fix my own problems attitude alot of the people here whining claim to have.

I don't understand how any of you can say you "take care of your own problems" and then whine in the same post that wildcard isn't going to provide you free servers anymore when you paid for the software once like 5 years ago.  do i play on officials? no, i take care of my problems and make sure my own community is happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I am mystified why the legacy community is so upset. and no this isn't a hating on legacy thing. what i mean is if i played on legacy and this was just coming down the pipes instead of letting the community i was so fond of go i'd just set up a new server.  then again i have the fix my own problems attitude alot of the people here whining claim to have.

I don't understand how any of you can say you "take care of your own problems" and then whine in the same post that wildcard isn't going to provide you free servers anymore when you paid for the software once like 5 years ago.  do i play on officials? no, i take care of my problems and make sure my own community is happy.

I dont even play on Legacy anymore i moved to official on day 1 official came out because i saw that coming but i can understand the People that was still playing on Legacy to the fullest bc there is no support its all about the community! If you have a good Community over there and someone blocks off a cave, its no problem then People will Block all his Gates with Brontos and Gigas  for example until he didnt block off the community from the cave anymore, that kind of stuff they mean when they say "we fix it ourself" and instead of blaming the Legacy Players, what about Studio Wildcard? They are the Ones that made promises they dont keep! (Once again) Of Course this People are pissed off, and it seems like that Wildcard forgot some of these ppl are or was your Base and helped you to your success! And to tell them "Future content will also come to the Legacy Servers" and then say "hell no we close ALL PVP LEGACY SERVERS NOW and some of the pve its like ok give me your money and you dont get anything back ok? So what do you expect? That they are happy now? Sorry but thats no positive Vibes at all.

• Like 1

Peope seem surprised that they are removing yet even more Legacy Servers. I mean did you all not see it coming ? Like really ? I mean Legacy has it marked literrally on the tin.  There is a reason why a lot of us left official even though some of our servers survived the first initial wipe. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Peope seem surprised that they are removing yet even more Legacy Servers. I mean did you all not see it coming ? Like really ? There is a reason why a lot of us left official even though some of our servers survived the first initial wipe. 

thank you Fanboy here is your Candy ?

The Point is: im not surprised at all !!! But again why blame People that are trusting promises of Studio Wildcard instead of getting the fact that Wildcard dont care tomorrow of what they tell you today?

Edited by 2x3m

9 minutes ago, 2x3m said:

thank you Fanboy here is your Candy ?

The Point is: im not surprised at all !!! But again why blame People that are trusting promises of Studio Wildcard instead of getting the fact that Wildcard dont care tomorrow of what they tell you today?

Oh I love candy ! 

Just dont trust them at all then, I mean thats what I do now. Makes life so much easier. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ac273 said:

You just lost a bunch of players.  I will not be moving to that toxic cesspool you call officials, and the majority of people on legacy will not as well.  I will be putting in for a refund for the latest season pass.  

Merry FU and a happy FU to you as well Wildcard.  

Man, if only Wildcard would let us run/join unofficial servers, that would solve the issue of people not wanting to go to official...

/sarcasm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is the exact reason why I do not recommend buying Ark Survival. The game is excellent, but the management leaves much, much to be desired. Here I am not even inserting the merit or the new legacy, let's get to the facts, we excluded all inherited pvp servers under the argument of Cedric himself, who wrote like this: Due to the current legacy server population. Seriously, I don't believe what I read. Be an adult, professional, honest and rational in what you write, at least respect the players. For Ark to look fair, all servers rated above 502 SA must be deleted together under the cedric argument itself. Ark has no fair administration. To be professional and support what was written before cutting 311 servers, it must be merged and then based on the argument -> Due to the current server population - cutting 311 servers. The ark does not respect and have no regard for the players. Unfortunately, they didn't stop to think about who lives in a place far away from civilization, where there is only bad internet, I have so many friends, simple, humble and honest people who love the ark and kill themselves to pay for the internet to gain access to the internet. who almost never leaves the SA because latency increases a lot. The message from ark is straightforward and simple. damn the poor if you trusted ark it's all your fault.

We were warned before the release that the legacy servers were going to be abandoned and the reduction little by little of the number of servers and the possibility of providing the save files was in my view a fair management from WC.

Like the majority of the players I moved to the new servers at the release, those who stayed on legacy servers knew what to expect ...

Edited by WhipSky

With all due respect, my friend looks at this link ( https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark/76088 ) now rereads the statement -> Due to the current legacy server population. Where are you honest in this statement? For ARK, we are dollar bills, make no mistake about the low population that exists, to be fair and with a minimum of honesty, any server rated above 501 SA should be excluded together. if it were an honest administration. 900 servers with more than 502 SA must be deleted together.  
A message to Satff, if you need a professional to leverage SA region sales, my English is very bad, but I know how to sell and make the SA market profitable.

Edited by Orfew