Suspended from Support with No Way to Appeal

Caerbannog

Suspended from Support with No Way to Appeal

Hello,

I apparently suspended from ARK support with no emails or notifications of this. I simply can no longer log in to check the status of my tickets.  The dark irony of this is that I cannot even report GM abuse because that's tied to the support system--but perhaps that is the point, to keep people from having a way to fight back GM abuse.

I submitted a new ticket this weekend asking for the two dinos that got eaten by the Cannot Deploy Cryopod bug that's been rampant, and apparently this was a request too far, even though there was a huge twitter backlack to The Lil Panda for his glib attitude on this bug . (And yes, on PVE it's a bug happening shortly after people transfer/spawn in/download a pod from the obelisk.)

What's the point of having a support system in place if it doesn't care about the players it's supposed to be supporting? If we get banned for?  If I can't ask for chibis back, if I can't ask for dinos erroneously eaten by the game, what can I even ask for? How can I get recompense for all the time that I sink into this game that then gets wasted because some ARK bug happens?  Like really, this is absurd.

Well that sucks.  But as a spoiler, my last few requests were met with form-statements about how I should submit a bug report and basically "sorry for the loss" in a more formal way...  So nothing would probably happen anyway, sadly @Caerbannog.

I too am curious what you said.  If you can respond before they delete or lock this thread for discussing moderation actions publicly.

Well, it started with me asking for my chibis back because I had a bunch of rare chibis destroyed via server transferring. This ticket was auto closed. So I opened a new one asking for clarification and a dialogue. This was also closed. Resigned to my fate, I began to buy more chibis on discord with tek. While transferring, I pulled an argent down from the obelisk, went to throw it out, and it got, "Cryopod Cannot Be Deployed," and ate the argent. The next day my tribemate had her mana eaten by the same bug. So because they were unwilling or unable to refund my chibis (lost because of a server crash) I made a new ticket asking for the argent and the mana back.

I want recompensed for the amount of time I sunk and lost into gathering all those chibis, and so decided that since they can't refund chibis apparently but will refund dinos, I'd get my time back in the form of all the dinos the game eats that I usually don't even bother to report.  Apparently this was a ticket submission too far.

I'm not the only one reporting hostility by the GMS over the cryopod deployment bug.  And hitherto this point all my transactions with the GMS had been reasonable.  But they're understaffed and given very little resources to assist players, so when players get upset they get defensive and here we are.

EDIT: I want to be clear, the reason I lost the Argent was because I was forced to trade people for the chibis the GMS wouldn't replace. If they had simply replaced them, I would have never been put in a scenario where I had to transfer to a laggy server with an argent, would have never have thrown that argent out so soon after downloading (seems to be related to the bug apparently) and would not have lost the argent.

• Volunteer Moderator

All support issues must be handled by the ticket system.

If you've been banned from using the ticket system you would be banned from posting here as well. Keep in mind, you can be banned for opening or spamming the ticket system over the same issue just because you aren't satisfied with a previous answer.

Archived