ARK Diaries... Share a crazy story... BTW Compys are Jerks!

N1NJAM005E

1 minute ago, N1NJAM005E said:

See and what I have always done, is tell my son the opposite and also do the opposite... Parasaur running in other direction? *shrug* Odd, let's go see what is chasing him...

I admit not the best way of doing it, mistakes were made :S

i tell him to run, i will stay to see, lol cause i want to know what it is!  but mistakes are the best, gotta learn that threshold right!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, N1NJAM005E said:

See and what I have always done, is tell my son the opposite and also do the opposite... Parasaur running in other direction? *shrug* Odd, let's go see what is chasing him...

I admit not the best way of doing it, mistakes were made :S

Most of the time it's just a dilo but if the ground is shaking it's time to leave.

1 minute ago, Grimlock98 said:

ok cause the new update is going to hit and im always in the ocean, im at 56 fortitude, was trying to gauge the potency of their poison (i assumed its poison from the scorpion comparison).

They're small enough that they can easily blend into the coral on the ocean floor and usually spawn in groups of 2-4 - I've decided it's just not worth it to kill them by hand.  I'm a little paranoid of them now - several times i've found a few waiting underneath my mosasaurus and it's easy to miss them.  Already on the lookout for sharks and anglers before dismounting but these things are sneaky.

Just now, bloddstar said:

They're small enough that they can easily blend into the coral on the ocean floor and usually spawn in groups of 2-4 - I've decided it's just not worth it to kill them by hand.  I'm a little paranoid of them now - several times i've found a few waiting underneath my mosasaurus and it's easy to miss them.  Already on the lookout for sharks and anglers before dismounting but these things are sneaky.

not even a sword is ok to use???  guess if i see them i will just jump back on my shark and eat them

38 minutes ago, N1NJAM005E said:

First off you have extra sharks? :S I don't even had one nor have ever had one.

Reading this sounds like I am watching aquatic spy movie while eating "popcorn".

Sounds like you a movie plot... "Sharknado B.C." maybe?

The plot....

You, a secret prehistoric agent must deliver blue prints to your secret off shore base HQ and the stealthiest way to do that is by shark :P.

There you are silently moving through the waves trying to deliver the goods. You have other, weaker agents with you (who always die first since you are the star) when suddenly the locals notice you and realize they must stop you at all costs for delivery of these blueprints would spell certain doom and their ultimate demise. The movie even has a twist... you reach HQ shoreline and call it heavy support but also the Boss' kid's pet wants to help you and you know that is a bad idea. This must not happen you think, it must stay safe. Panic mode sets in. "Where is the heavy support!" you shout...... Cue the fast music, chomping noises and then sudden silence.... roll credits.

Ok maybe I read this the wrong way. Congrats though on keeping the important tames alive (especially the leader's kid's tame ;)).

OMG lol im laughing so hard everyone in the bank line thinks im insain! dude that story is so hillarious I really want to make that movie now. 

Sharks are very easy to tame you just stand in the shallows and shoot most of the time they also get themselves stuck on the beaches :) as far as extra tamedes go when you get to the point when your trying to tame a plesi or a mosi having 3-5 sharks that the mosi or plesi can munch on instead of you is very helpful hehe. these were the survivors of the mosi tame the night before. :)

3 hours ago, N1NJAM005E said:

As crappy as this was to have happen to you I actually liked you presentation of it. If I ever saw a Mammoth fall off of a cliff that can never be a good pre cursor to things unfolding.

I could totally see you cave person after first respawn going through the clothes going *ugh* and *damn it* as you picked something to wear. Kind of funny if you can imagine a cave person looking through clothes and doing that.

Then after the second encounter your cave person climbs on to the raft whistling for your loyal followers as you sail away with broken and tattered sail, your head drops as you begin the mostly silent ride back to base, head down weeping no doubt.

I liked it.

xD Yeah, definitely funny when you think of someone else going through it. SO ridiculous! I knew what was up the second I saw that flying mammoth. It all went down on a very narrow strip of land connected to the base of the cliff. If I had more room I could've maybe ran away, otherwise jumping in the ocean was my only alternative. And yeah, the ride home was exactly how you described it!:$

3 hours ago, Grimlock98 said:

why do you think there is a behemoth gate wall above my base in the snow?  falling animals is a good sign trouble is near, hell i taught my 6 year old son that, if you see animals running you get out of that area lol.

of course now i laugh when they fall off the cliff, then i grab a bird and help the rest fall.

Yup absolutely, I've warned people about it too! Wrong place wrong time I guess. I'm just going to stick to offshore icebergs for now.:D

On 4/6/2016 at 0:57 PM, Grimlock98 said:

oh its dark and spooky, but i hang out there alot.  taking Jaws down to the bottom to hunt for mosa's.  funny thing is your vision is crap until you hop off your mount and look around then you can see more clearly.

are you riding in 3rd person? if so switch to 1st person when underwater

Archived