ARK Diaries... Share a crazy story... BTW Compys are Jerks!

N1NJAM005E

So I was running around on my only Rex last night innocently enough just trying to find a wild doed, and maybe another Rex (to have 2) and another scorpion to tame. First on the list was the Doed so I asked others on the server if they had seen one. Someone did and said they saw one near the waterfall along the west coast in the thick forest. So I went up to the forest to begin my search.

Then something terrible and quite diabolical happened..... Visualize with me.

I was walking around and could not find said doed but there were 2 Brontos, 3 Ankylos, and "1 Compy" so I thought whatever no one is going to bother me as long as I don't bother them.

Walking, I came across some rock formations and thought I would hop down and gather some stone while I was searching and also to clear some area for a better view in finding the elusive Doed (why not right, innocent enough). I hopped off of my Rex and began hitting the rock.

That is when It happened....

The lone Compy came up to me in all it's cuteness looking up at me, perhaps it was hungry and wanted some meat or maybe it was lost, after all it was a thick forest. I looked down at it, smiled and then BANG!; another compy hit me from behind which ticked of "My Big Friend" who then wanted to make toe jam out of these evil evil creatures... BUT wait...

Rex strikes Compy sending it flying (so funny btw) but also hit 1 of the brontos...... That is when it all hit the fan and went to hell real quick.

Bronto strikes Rex, then other Bronto comes in to help. During this assault on my Rex I get tossed into the bush crashing on to the ground hard. I panic and try to get back to my Rex, to hop on get the hell outta there, NOPE can't get close enough as the 2 Brontos alternately swing their tails (in unison) at Rex and send me back flying in the air again just like earlier Compy (karma right, perhaps) into the bush. I get up, give my head a shake and think damn that tail hurt. I must get to her and get to safety, $hit just got real. I stand up raise my head and look ahead in horror.....

I guess the Rex must have hit one of the Ankylo's as well who were in the area which caused the other 2 Ankylo's to join in the fight against my Rex. Hell, maybe the 3 Ankylo's and 2 Bronto's were all buddies with the Compy gang and they were on some sort of picnic or adventure in the bush together as a group buddying it up, who knows.

Panicking now I try repeatedly to get back to my Rex who is bleeding badly at this point. I remember yelling at her "eat some Raw Meat, we need to get the hell outta there...." I guess she did not hear me (or maybe she can't understand common tongue :S).

That did not happen...... :(

My Big Friend died and I was forced to watch it happen not being able to do anything for her as I now had "broken bones" and couldn't run.

I finally make it to where she fell to try and grab what she was carrying but the Bronto's weren't having any of that. With one final tail swing I was tossed into the air, hit my head on a rock formation (should have harvested that earlier) and died!

I go to respawn and run back to the terrible, terrible scene to find my stuff and give my Rex a proper burial.... or so I thought

Now there is a Carno in the area, attacking all the Ankylo's and then it spots me (I don't know why, the Ankylo's are more sustaining) ..... DEAD again.

I respawn again, run back and now it is all calm like nothing went down.

So in the end I lost 3 types of kibble I had on me (50 or so each), all chitin armor, all weapons, metal tools, 150+ tranq arrows, 200+ Narcotics, basically about 90% my stuff.

What did I learn from all this?

Compy's are jerks!

Feel free to Share your terrible story, laugh at me, set up a go fund in my honor, cry with me, etc.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That moment when you come out of the ocean and see a compy pack, think they are cute. You head to base not killing them cause they didn't so much damage to you when you are in riot. They go to base and deaggro on your passive bronto and kill it because you lost them... Then they moved onto the passive mesopithecus army... Then the passive quetzals so they don't fly away... Compies are jerks D:

When I Was A Little Less Advanced I Was Trying To Get Silica Pearls On The Server I Play On But Because The Alpha Tribe Lived In The Areas Where They Spawn In Shallow Water (The Edge Of The Snow) I Had The Great Idea To Take My Icthy Down To The Bottom Of The Ocean Quickly To Grab Some And Run (I Didn't Have Scuba) As I Turn Around To Get Back On My Icthy I See 2 Plesis My Icthy Gets Rekt And I Try To Swim Fast But I Got Rekt So When I Respawned I Went To The Same Place To Get My Stuff On The Back Of A Megaloddon And As I Turn To Get On It A Mosa Kills It And I Get Rekt Again, Moral Of The Story The Ocean Is Spooky

A great, albeit sad story. Especially when it comes to a Rex.

I've had those panicked instances, where you cannot get close enough to re-mount and either fight or flight. Usually a quick follow all whistle will cause the tame to forget about the encounter and head to you, who is most likely already back peddling out of that scene. Of course hind-sight is always 20/20.

My StoryBe Wary Of Those Known As Dimorphodons

It was not too long after Finally nabbing myself a Quetzal in single player, I was out and about harvesting (of course that's what I'd be doing as a compulsive scavenger in games), when I spotted that infamous alpha Carno.

Let me rewind a bit here. That Carno was the result of one of my first stories, and several loss tames...

"There you are!" I muttered with pleasure, for I knew my Quetzal would best this ravenous beast. So I start my assault, while keeping an eye on the health and stamina which were barely being affected. Just a couple yards away stood a Chalicotherium, grazing just a bit too close and ended up getting hit. Now he became part of the mix. All was well and fine...that is until what seemed like a dozen or so Dimorphodons swarmed in, and just insta-killed me, causing my Quetzal to die before I could even hit the re-spawn screen.

I couldn't help but just sit there for a minute, thinking "yup, that literally just happened..".

Well, I couldn't just accept the fact I lost one of my favorite and hard fought tames. I readied myself, and knocked another down, right into the river along the volcano. Or, as I like to call it, "SpinoRex Beach".

Took my Argy down, killed 3 Rex's and a Spino, although all for not, as the Quetz had drowned.

Take three was the ticket, although a Very hairy one. As my taming process once again was mere meters away from an alpha Rex.

Good luck getting another Rex. I'm sure you'll have one soon, if not already!  :Torpor:

6 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

run around and chomp the crap out of anything with that rex.

how to fight dimorphodons.  walk backwards with the rex and spam attack they will die fast

should have joined the private server huh?

I did walk around for the most part taking on everything with MY ONLY Rex until that infamous Doed run last night...... I was coming in, walking around  peacefully minding my own business, listening to some tunes that's all.

Compy's are jerks!

When it died I am not kidding you I wanted to throw the controller across the room and just flat out quit the game. It was painful and made me instantly grumpy

1 minute ago, Grimlock98 said:

yes sir, we have 5 or 6 rexes that just sit there for eggs, lol.  we breed argents for fun, use them for general base security LOL.  breeding quetz as well, heck my 6 year old has his own. 

we are still looking for more 116+ rexes lol

Last night was the first time I regretting playing as a solo player. I am at level 67 though, yay me :S but Rex-less and still have butt hurt today

1 minute ago, N1NJAM005E said:

Last night was the first time I regretting playing as a solo player. I am at level 67 though, yay me :S but Rex-less and still have butt hurt today

picking up a 76 Giga later today as well LOL.  we are everywhere. 

Rex are easy, get your argent and son, hold him with the claws and tranq one.  i prefer to run around and tame mostly, shoot him a bunch, get him stuck on a rock keep shooing, hop on bird hover until he takes off running, chase him down...repeat

1 hour ago, Spiros said:

A great, albeit sad story. Especially when it comes to a Rex.

I've had those panicked instances, where you cannot get close enough to re-mount and either fight or flight. Usually a quick follow all whistle will cause the tame to forget about the encounter and head to you, who is most likely already back peddling out of that scene. Of course hind-sight is always 20/20.

My StoryBe Wary Of Those Known As Dimorphodons

It was not too long after Finally nabbing myself a Quetzal in single player, I was out and about harvesting (of course that's what I'd be doing as a compulsive scavenger in games), when I spotted that infamous alpha Carno.

Let me rewind a bit here. That Carno was the result of one of my first stories, and several loss tames...

"There you are!" I muttered with pleasure, for I knew my Quetzal would best this ravenous beast. So I start my assault, while keeping an eye on the health and stamina which were barely being affected. Just a couple yards away stood a Chalicotherium, grazing just a bit too close and ended up getting hit. Now he became part of the mix. All was well and fine...that is until what seemed like a dozen or so Dimorphodons swarmed in, and just insta-killed me, causing my Quetzal to die before I could even hit the re-spawn screen.

I couldn't help but just sit there for a minute, thinking "yup, that literally just happened..".

Well, I couldn't just accept the fact I lost one of my favorite and hard fought tames. I readied myself, and knocked another down, right into the river along the volcano. Or, as I like to call it, "SpinoRex Beach".

Took my Argy down, killed 3 Rex's and a Spino, although all for not, as the Quetz had drowned.

Take three was the ticket, although a Very hairy one. As my taming process once again was mere meters away from an alpha Rex.

Good luck getting another Rex. I'm sure you'll have one soon, if not already!  :Torpor:

I don't have another Rex as it only happened last night. I decided to not get one right away because I have to extend base using Behemoth gates for walls and have to figure out a way to "roof" a certain part of my compound so I can safely harvest eggs, then I have to get scorpions to get kibble for the Rex and then MAYBE I can begin to replace My Big Friend. Oh and there is one tribe on the server I am on that goes around to all bases and steals eggs. Ignorant F'ers. I have very little eggs as it is and now this happens too.

ARK life is rough some times.... and this is PvE :(

2 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

picking up a 76 Giga later today as well LOL.  we are everywhere. 

Rex are easy, get your argent and son, hold him with the claws and tranq one.  i prefer to run around and tame mostly, shoot him a bunch, get him stuck on a rock keep shooing, hop on bird hover until he takes off running, chase him down...repeat

You can't pick up a rex with claws unless I misunderstood. I have one lonely argent (sad really), level 14 only so I don't think he is very good to help me.

I have to try and get enough kibble together, probably to tame a low level Rex but that will be a chore in itself as I only have 1 scorpion right now

Just now, N1NJAM005E said:

You can't pick up a rex with claws unless I misunderstood. I have one lonely argent (sad really), level 14 only so I don't think he is very good to help me.

I have to try and get enough kibble together, probably to tame a low level Rex but that will be a chore in itself as I only have 1 scorpion right now

pick your son up with the argent.

you dont have a crossbow with tranq arrows?  fly low enough to get him stuck in trees and rocks

well my story isn't as funny but very sad....went into the tribe manager to look at something and bam...im no longer in the tribe I created and my beloved female quetz with a platform and x turrets were sitting on my landing pad...on the pad were 2 auto turrets full of ammo...they take aim and start blasting my poor quetz. I make a bee line to her and the x turrets start blasting me and the gun turrets take a break from shooting my quetz to finish me off.... before I could spawn back in she was dead...sad times on ark...

8 minutes ago, Killerleftfoot said:

well my story isn't as funny but very sad....went into the tribe manager to look at something and bam...im no longer in the tribe I created and my beloved female quetz with a platform and x turrets were sitting on my landing pad...on the pad were 2 auto turrets full of ammo...they take aim and start blasting my poor quetz. I make a bee line to her and the x turrets start blasting me and the gun turrets take a break from shooting my quetz to finish me off.... before I could spawn back in she was dead...sad times on ark...

losing a Quetz is probably just as bad if not worse than losing a Rex,

Sorry for the loss,

Were Compy's running the X Turrets? :S (ok maybe too soon) They are jerks and it wouldn't surprise me if they evolved to control  turrets in all their cute evil glory

32 minutes ago, N1NJAM005E said:

I don't have another Rex as it only happened last night. I decided to not get one right away because I have to extend base using Behemoth gates for walls and have to figure out a way to "roof" a certain part of my compound so I can safely harvest eggs, then I have to get scorpions to get kibble for the Rex and then MAYBE I can begin to replace My Big Friend. Oh and there is one tribe on the server I am on that goes around to all bases and steals eggs. Ignorant F'ers. I have very little eggs as it is and now this happens too.

ARK life is rough some times.... and this is PvE :(

I hear ya. Sometimes it's best to give it a day, regroup, rearm, then get back at it fresh.

People griefing really just ruins the experience IMO. That's why I stick to SP, and private dedicated servers with friends, of which I play other games with all the time. It's so much more enjoyable that way. I feel if more people were able to experience this game in that setting, it would change a lot of minds that had negative times in public servers.

8 minutes ago, Spiros said:

I hear ya. Sometimes it's best to give it a day, regroup, rearm, then get back at it fresh.

People griefing really just ruins the experience IMO. That's why I stick to SP, and private dedicated servers with friends, of which I play other games with all the time. It's so much more enjoyable that way. I feel if more people were able to experience this game in that setting, it would change a lot of minds that had negative times in public servers.

I had an offer to join a private dedicated server but don't know if I want to start over at level 1..... The offer included helping "boost" me with armor and such.

But also since last night I have been thinking about setting up my own private dedicated server but have to invest in another XB1 and I assume another copy of Ark. Maybe even a second gold account.... not sure if the expense is worth it, escpecially when I might still be able to join a private server if offer still stands (I would have to look into that if I decide to go the cheaper route).

Just now, N1NJAM005E said:

I had an offer to join a private dedicated server but don't know if I want to start over at level 1..... The offer included helping "boost" me with armor and such.

But also since last night I have been thinking about setting up my own private dedicated server but have to invest in another XB1 and I assume another copy of Ark. Maybe even a second gold account.... not sure if the expense is worth it, escpecially when I might still be able to join a private server if offer still stands (I would have to look into that if I decide to go the cheaper route).

my son joined us last friday and is now level 52.... you get shared exp and my partner and I are some grinders... 

Archived