Code of conduct violations not enforced

Thomas180990

Hi all , last few months we all know about the snow owl perma freeze on babies . I've seen many tribes using it and currently on the servers that I play on I have come across a dozen tribes atleast using it . I have sent a few tickets out as it is a violation and there never seems to be any punishment , all the tribes are still doing it , no base wipe , no character delete nothing , is it pointless reporting as the devs justbdont do anything about it ? 

Unfortunately it is what it is.  Either attempt to compete, play with people you trust, or stop playing.  Wildcard has admitted previously to not being staffed enough to maintain this game.  That and the fact that in any multiplayer game of this complexity there is going to be rampant exploitation.  Is it right or just?  No.  Personally I'm wasn't very happy with how fast the team moved on to Atlas before (in my opinion) this game was even complete.  But what's done is done and no amount of complaining here is going to change that.  Just keep this in mind the next time Wildcard or Grapeshot, or whatever other spin-offs they make release new content or games.

49 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

It might also be one of those situations where the amount of people that do it is so vast that they would have to ban most of the players if they banned for it. 

Then who would be left to play the game? That was a joke but I do see what people are saying here..

What's the point of enforcing one thing but not another, creating a rule then ignoring a rule it's looking like a free for all in ark. Looking like.. it is a free for all.

Also having just had Christmas and New year year not everyone is at work to deal with all of this so I can see why so many people are getting a little stressed by it, servers down, people playing unfairly, cryopod issues game crashes many more things to list.. 

Complaint threads about the same topic daily get no responses there really should be a better way to get their attention than post after post, which they never acknowledge it just gets responses from players, locked or buried into the forum dungeons, to be revived in a year by someone with a lightbulb moment.  

Maybe they do need a bit of a push to actually start conversing/interacting and acknowledging players frustrations. Rather than the brick wall we get on the forum. Twitter get more response and this is their actual forum for the game yet we get nothing unless we happen to read twitter. 

Sadly I agree though once you report your issue you shouldn't let it effect how you want to play. If it bothers you too much play a different way single play/ alternative cluster or map etc. 

You do you let them worry about themselves. 

18 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Then who would be left to play the game? That was a joke but I do see what people are saying here..

What's the point of enforcing one thing but not another, creating a rule then ignoring a rule it's looking like a free for all in ark. Looking like.. it is a free for all.

Also having just had Christmas and New year year not everyone is at work to deal with all of this so I can see why so many people are getting a little stressed by it, servers down, people playing unfairly, cryopod issues game crashes many more things to list.. 

Complaint threads about the same topic daily get no responses there really should be a better way to get their attention than post after post, which they never acknowledge it just gets responses from players, locked or buried into the forum dungeons, to be revived in a year by someone with a lightbulb moment.  

Maybe they do need a bit of a push to actually start conversing/interacting and acknowledging players frustrations. Rather than the brick wall we get on the forum. Twitter get more response and this is their actual forum for the game yet we get nothing unless we happen to read twitter. 

Sadly I agree though once you report your issue you shouldn't let it effect how you want to play. If it bothers you too much play a different way single play/ alternative cluster or map etc. 

You do you let them worry about themselves. 

Well they did the same thing when people used to float babies. If you floated the babies (left them floating in water) they would eat a LOT less and were far easier to raise, they did come out with a patch for that BUT they didn't ban people for it because so many people did it, I even heard they themselves, the devs did it. 

point on this that people are mad its been almost 5 months or more come on this is just lazy imo not to patch it sooner they say they have a bunch of people on the team for fixing bugs in the game I call bs on that and also come on mana's still poofing after 1 year 2 years ark baby food bug where they die the list is huge and its only got bigger -.- shoot I got a dude that foundationed the server and where at 1 week for answer from the devs to delete him this is just dumb also if they honestly acted on these type of bugs from the start and started wiping people using these exploits it would stop it from people using them as much if they know they going to get wiped or banned 

I suppose I am just frustrated,  maybe shouldn't say anything . I have played around 4k hours solo and it gets annoying and frustrating with the devs more than the players , players will do what they do , if they can get an easy gain they will that is known , it's the dev team that should be better.  

I have had a reply from a GM and its says they will not be sending out a ban to anyone using the perma freeze as they apparently have a fix coming , looks like it's a free for all people , good luck :D

On 1/4/2020 at 6:51 AM, Thomas180990 said:

Hi all , last few months we all know about the snow owl perma freeze on babies . I've seen many tribes using it and currently on the servers that I play on I have come across a dozen tribes atleast using it . I have sent a few tickets out as it is a violation and there never seems to be any punishment , all the tribes are still doing it , no base wipe , no character delete nothing , is it pointless reporting as the devs justbdont do anything about it ? 

did you explore other people's bases and look for complain about freeze and ruin christmas? mr. Grinch? 

I didn't actually , seems your just here to troll . I was on holiday over the Christmas week so wasn't on . 

I play on official servers and it's nice to know everyone's on the same playing field ( without glitches ) I was flying around gathering resource and noticed around 4 or 5 bases on my server freezing 40+ dinos each . Our server has rollbacks now daily and this cant be helping with that atall . 

It wasnt really a swipe at the players as I've already said above ( probably haven't read , read title and spat your dummy out )its more at the devs and their inability to correct issues so long after they started. 

On 1/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, Lycan187u said:

Ide say just play your game don't worry  about  others and be patient a fix will come out eventually .the mentality  of trying to get a player banned/development wiped needs to stop....make a report and let it take its course.. 

It's getting very frustrated for players that the CoC WC made is NOT being enforced. They feel like it's more of a empty shell with hollow promisses.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, Thomas180990 said:

Maybe we can see the owl perma freeze as a compensation for all the dinos we lose due to lag and server crashes . My server has a rollback every other day ?

It's all fun and games until someone is permafrozen on pvp. I suspect this bug got some attention already, just not fixed yet.

@Thomas180990 the game has more serious issues than the snow owl glitch and they don't address them, like being able to teleport wild/corrupted dinos and luring corrupted into bioms which makes a whole map unplayable if you get griefers on your map.

I agree that the snow owl glitch is game breaking but for PVE I couldn't care less anymore because the game has way worse issues. 

The snow owl glitch should be an instant ban for PVP because it breaks balance even further, what accomplishment do you get from killing an enemy dino if he can restock them with the glitch so easily. For PVE the glitch is nearly meaningless IMO, it may make it easier for big breeders or traders but that's not really game breaking.

I wouldn't expect them to fix the glitch since it was around for over a year now and just changed a little after former attempts to patch it. 

I would much rather prefer them to fix Extinction because it has always been a heavenly place for every griefer and thief.

48 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@Thomas180990 the game has more serious issues than the snow owl glitch and they don't address them, like being able to teleport wild/corrupted dinos and luring corrupted into bioms which makes a whole map unplayable if you get griefers on your map.

I agree that the snow owl glitch is game breaking but for PVE I couldn't care less anymore because the game has way worse issues. 

The snow owl glitch should be an instant ban for PVP because it breaks balance even further, what accomplishment do you get from killing an enemy dino if he can restock them with the glitch so easily. For PVE the glitch is nearly meaningless IMO, it may make it easier for big breeders or traders but that's not really game breaking.

I wouldn't expect them to fix the glitch since it was around for over a year now and just changed a little after former attempts to patch it. 

I would much rather prefer them to fix Extinction because it has always been a heavenly place for every griefer and thief.

I'm not actually too concerned about it now if I'm honest , it was a few days ago and I know everyone has different opinions on the matter like all matters it just frustrated me in the moment ? I now have my main base on abberation , not because of the snow owl glitch ? but I obviously wont be seeing it now I suppose ?

Archived