Snow Owl Stats Problem (Extinction)

Sam78

Snow Owl Stats Problem (Extinction)

Hello everyone, I have a server in Extinction and I have the classic flyers mod to be able to increase the speed of the flyers, but the snow owl does not let it go up the speed, I have tried another mod of name improved flyers but it seems that no works. Can anyone tell me how to make owls raise speed stats? thanks

On 1/8/2020 at 1:21 PM, TheEclipseee said:

Do you have other mods installed? Particularly if there's another mod that alters the owls, there could be a conflict.

Good, because I don't have any other mod that alters the Owl. I have installed the classic flyers, but when I installed this I removed the other one, but it doesn't work either.

1 hour ago, Maxracer78 said:

Good, because I don't have any other mod that alters the Owl. I have installed the classic flyers, but when I installed this I removed the other one, but it doesn't work either.

So first I'd try cryo/ uncryo them, see what happens.

So you had improved flyers, then removed it and installed CF, and neither mod has ever worked on the owls?

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

So first I'd try cryo/ uncryo them, see what happens.

So you had improved flyers, then removed it and installed CF, and neither mod has ever worked on the owls?

Yes, I tried to put it in cryo and then take it out, without results.
First I installed the Classic flyers mod, but later I saw the Improved flyers mod, and I shielded the CF so there would be no interference between both mods, and I installed it, but it didn't work either.

39 minutes ago, Maxracer78 said:

Yes, I tried to put it in cryo and then take it out, without results.
First I installed the Classic flyers mod, but later I saw the Improved flyers mod, and I shielded the CF so there would be no interference between both mods, and I installed it, but it didn't work either.

Oh, so you went from CF to improved? Do all the flyers except owls work with Improved?

Try putting Improved at the top of the load order. Next, I'd check Improved flyers' info. Maybe the mod doesn't support owls or something. Also worth checking INI options for both mods.

Next, I'd do some testing in singleplayer. Move your existing singleplayer save somewhere else, if you already have one. [Steam] > Steamapps > Common > ARK > Shootergame. Then move the entire Saved folder. 

Make a fresh save. Try loading with only Improved flyers and see how the owls are. If they work, then delete the Saved folder again (I think the little menu button only wipes the map data, not player and obelisk data. It probably doesn't matter, but when testing, you always want to have as blank a slate as possible). Run another fresh save with only CF. Test the owl, and if it works, try then making CF inactive and loading Improved on the same save file, and see what happens. 

If both Improved and Classic didn't work when they were the only mod running, then it's a problem with the mod. You'll have to look around for info regarding the mod itself.

If both mods worked on their own, then it's probably a mod conflict. Delete Saved again. Load the same mod list as the server uses. First time, load the full mod list with Improved. Check the owls. If it works, it was probably an issue due to having Classic previously installed, or it just hates servers fsr. In this case.. If you can, move your server data somewhere else and load up a fresh save on the server. Load with the server mod list, plus Improved, and don't load Classic. Test the owl. If it's working? It was probably an issue from CF. If it doesn't work? You'd probably have to contact the mod author of Improved for further help.

You can repeat that for classic if you want. 

If either mod doesn't work when you load it with the full mod list, it's probably a conflict. With either flyer mod (and only one of the two at a time), load the game, test, wipe save data, then repeat; removing a new mod every time you load, adding back in the previous one you removed, until the owls work. Then you'll know which mod was bugging it out.

And if you don't find anything conclusive from there? I'm sorry, I dunno. You should ask the author of Improved flyers to help you, they'll probably have a better idea of what to do and what to look for.

2 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

Oh, so you went from CF to improved?

Try putting Improved at the top of the load order. Next, I'd check Improved flyers' info. Maybe the mod doesn't support owls or something. Also worth checking INI options for both mods.

Next, I'd do some testing in singleplayer. Move your existing singleplayer save somewhere else, if you already have one. [Steam] > Steamapps > Common > ARK > Shootergame. Then move the entire Saved folder. 

Make a fresh save. Try loading with only Improved flyers and see how the owls are. If they work, then delete the Saved folder again (I think the little menu button only wipes the map data, not player and obelisk data. It probably doesn't matter, but when testing, you always want to have as blank a slate as possible). Run another fresh save with only CF. Test the owl, and if it works, try then making CF inactive and loading Improved on the same save file, and see what happens. 

If both Improved and Classic didn't work when they were the only mod running, then it's a problem with the mod. You'll have to look around for info regarding the mod itself.

If both mods worked on their own, then it's probably a mod conflict. Delete Saved again. Load the same mod list as the server uses. First time, load the full mod list with Improved. Check the owls. If it works, it was probably an issue due to having Classic previously installed, or it just hates servers fsr. In this case.. If you can, move your server data somewhere else and load up a fresh save on the server. Load with the server mod list, plus Improved, and don't load Classic. Test the owl. If it's working? It was probably an issue from CF. If it doesn't work? You'd probably have to contact the mod author of Improved for further help.

You can repeat that for classic if you want. 

If either mod doesn't work when you load it with the full mod list, it's probably a conflict. With either flyer mod (and only one of the two at a time), load the game, test, wipe save data, then repeat; removing a new mod every time you load, adding back in the previous one you removed, until the owls work. Then you'll know which mod was bugging it out.

And if you don't find anything conclusive from there? I'm sorry, I dunno. You should ask the author of Improved flyers to help you, they'll probably have a better idea of what to do and what to look for.

Ok, well, I will try all this, thank you very much for the help.

Archived