Chibi Rarity

megaHammer

2 hours ago, arkark said:

There is a detailed list made by someone with the ones form raptor and the ones from gacha. I dont remember the original link or creator to credit, this is my personal copy:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G4UME-wScpGrm6yL7IHOQiRyPEJk1cDMpGrnMmh7WaA/edit?usp=sharing

I think the really rare ones are the shapeshifters, the charufe was the very first chibi I looted from raptor claus and the bog spider I have it too.

Yes, with the exception of a few rare ones that I have yet to get, I can confirm that list is accurate. All of the more common (and a few rare) Chibis shown as Raptor Claus drops I got from Raptor Claus. All of the ones shown as Gacha Claus drops, I got from Gacha Claus. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wel that’s hard to fathom.   I have not thrown out any of the chibis I’ve collected.  I’ve collected from both raptor and gachas.   I have less than 400 total,  and I have 44 uniques out of 54 and only one of those I got from someone else.    I have gotten between 0-3 chibis from present drops.  Only certain ones I’ve gotten from raptor claus have I not gotten them from gachas,  like the cheruff or the bog spider,  but allos ankys paracers thyla,  I have gotten from both raptor claus and gacha claus.  

The absense of evidence isn’t conclusive proof , it just means your sample size was too small.

theres people here who have collected more than four times what I have and yet my collection is far more complete than some of them.   We are talking about 54 unique chibis and people are getting somewhere over 1000 rolls for them.   That is not alot of rolls to get 54 diffferent things in the game from one type of drop.   If it was to just get 10 different chibis then maybe that would be a decent sample size,  but 54 would require far more data to conclusively prove your point.  And I have evidence to the contrary already.

and I’m on pc,  and Raptor claus has less chances period to get lucky,  you get between 1-7 presents dropped (on island)with a chance of 3 chibi rolls each present.   Using the coal and mistletoe from those presents, I get around 50 coal a run when I do it and of that coal roughly 66% of them turn to gacha crystals to get a roll for a chibi.  And roughly 20% of the mistletoe yields more chibi rolls.    Between those?  You get far more rolls for chibis from gacha claus than a raptor claus,   That will mean you will be more likely to see rare stuff from the gacha crystals than a raptor claus.

my %s are based on my own trading with gachas at over 200 coal and 200 mistletoe at a time.  I save all the crystals to mass open so I keep a good count of what comes out apprentice or primitive or plain,   I have seen exactly one ramshackle crystal from doing this for over 800 total items given 1 by 1 to gachas.

3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Wel that’s hard to fathom.   I have not thrown out any of the chibis I’ve collected.  I’ve collected from both raptor and gachas.   I have less than 400 total,  and I have 44 uniques out of 54 and only one of those I got from someone else.    I have gotten between 0-3 chibis from present drops.  Only certain ones I’ve gotten from raptor claus have I not gotten them from gachas,  like the cheruff or the bog spider,  but allos ankys paracers thyla,  I have gotten from both raptor claus and gacha claus.  

The absense of evidence isn’t conclusive proof , it just means your sample size was too small.

I think you mean YOUR sample size is too small, and your collecting from both at the same time only suggests that you no longer have a true idea of which came from which Claus. 

I have collected far more Chibis than you have, and I've collected them from Raptor Claus and Gacha Claus as distinct collections, at completely different times. In other words, when I was collecting Raptor Claus Chibis, I wasn't collecting Gach Claus Chibis at the same time. When I was colelcting Gachas Claus Chibis, I wasn't collecting Raptor Claus Chibis at the same time. So I have exactly two precise piles of Chibis from the two sources, and not a single one Chibi that came from Raptor Claus exists in the Gacha Claus pile, or vice versa. 

If you're claiming that you can get any Chibi from either source, then you prove it. Go see if you can get the extremely common Carno Chibi from a Gacha Claus. I bet you can't.  

10 hours ago, DeHammer said:

No. They only drop certain ones. Raptor Claus also only drops certain ones. That's an established fact.

Its actually not. All 54 chibis are on gacha claus loot drop list. Rarity differs on presents and crystals though. I have gotten wyvern from both. Friend got rock golem from both. Phoenix from gacha crystal also.

16 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

theres people here who have collected more than four times what I have and yet my collection is far more complete than some of them.   We are talking about 54 unique chibis and people are getting somewhere over 1000 rolls for them.   That is not alot of rolls to get 54 diffferent things in the game from one type of drop.   If it was to just get 10 different chibis then maybe that would be a decent sample size,  but 54 would require far more data to conclusively prove your point.  And I have evidence to the contrary already.

and I’m on pc,  and Raptor claus has less chances period to get lucky,  you get between 1-7 presents dropped (on island)with a chance of 3 chibi rolls each present.   Using the coal and mistletoe from those presents, I get around 50 coal a run when I do it and of that coal roughly 66% of them turn to gacha crystals to get a roll for a chibi.  And roughly 20% of the mistletoe yields more chibi rolls.    Between those?  You get far more rolls for chibis from gacha claus than a raptor claus,   That will mean you will be more likely to see rare stuff from the gacha crystals than a raptor claus.

my %s are based on my own trading with gachas at over 200 coal and 200 mistletoe at a time.  I save all the crystals to mass open so I keep a good count of what comes out apprentice or primitive or plain,   I have seen exactly one ramshackle crystal from doing this for over 800 total items given 1 by 1 to gachas.

I think the fact that the event ends in a few days, that literally no one has the whole set actually says something though.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Luewen said:

Its actually not. All 54 chibis are on gacha claus loot drop list. Rarity differs on presents and crystals though. I have gotten wyvern from both. Friend got rock golem from both. Phoenix from gacha crystal also.

That's not true. They both contains 27/54 unique species out of the currently released Chibis. For example, you can see it by running a simple Python script:

from re import compile as re_compile

path = 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content'
pattern = re_compile(b'PrimalItemSkin_ChibiDino_(.+?)_C\0')

print('Raptor Claus:')
with open(path + '\PrimalEarth\Structures\SupplyCrate_Gift.uasset', 'rb') as f:
    for match in pattern.finditer(f.read()):
        print('-', match.group(1).decode('utf-8'))

print('\nGacha Claus:')
with open(path + '\Extinction\Dinos\Gacha\LootItemSets_Gacha_WinterHoliday.uasset', 'rb') as f:

Result:

Raptor Claus:
- Allosaurus
- Ankylosaurus
- Argent
- BogSpider
- Carnotaurus
- Cherufe
- Direwolf
- Doedicurus
- Equus
- Gigantopithecus
- Mammoth
- Megaloceros
- Moschops
- Oviraptor
- Phiomia
- Phoenix
- Procoptodon
- Pteranodon
- Raptor
- Reaper
- Sheep
- Spino
- Stego
- Therizino
- Trike
- Wyvern
- Yutyrannus

Gacha Claus:
- Baryonyx
- Bronto
- Carbonemys
- Castroides
- Daeodon
- Gasbag
- Gigant
- Iguanodon
- Kentrosaurus
- Megalania
- Megatherium
- MoleRat
- Paraceratherium
- Parasaur
- Pulmonoscorpius
- Quetzal
- Rex
- RockDrake
- RockGolem
- Saber
- Shapeshifter_Large
- Shapeshifter_Small
- SnowOwl
- Tapejara
- TerrorBird
- Thylacoleo
- WoollyRhino

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

That's not true. They both contains 27/54 unique species out of the currently released Chibis. For example, you can see it by running a simple Python script:

with open(path + '\Extinction\Dinos\Gacha\LootItemSets_Gacha_WinterHoliday.uasset', 'rb') as f:

Result:

Raptor Claus:
- Allosaurus
- Ankylosaurus
- Argent
- BogSpider
- Carnotaurus
- Cherufe
- Direwolf
- Doedicurus
- Equus
- Gigantopithecus
- Mammoth
- Megaloceros
- Moschops
- Oviraptor
- Phiomia
- Phoenix
- Procoptodon
- Pteranodon
- Raptor
- Reaper
- Sheep
- Spino
- Stego
- Therizino
- Trike
- Wyvern
- Yutyrannus

Gacha Claus:
- Baryonyx
- Bronto
- Carbonemys
- Castroides
- Daeodon
- Gasbag
- Gigant
- Iguanodon
- Kentrosaurus
- Megalania
- Megatherium
- MoleRat
- Paraceratherium
- Parasaur
- Pulmonoscorpius
- Quetzal
- Rex
- RockDrake
- RockGolem
- Saber
- Shapeshifter_Large
- Shapeshifter_Small
- SnowOwl
- Tapejara
- TerrorBird
- Thylacoleo
- WoollyRhino

Then we have a bug somewhere. As jsut 15 minutes ago i got moschops from gacha claus crystal.

5 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Result:

Raptor Claus:
- Allosaurus
- Ankylosaurus
- Argent
- BogSpider
- Carnotaurus
- Cherufe
- Direwolf
- Doedicurus
- Equus
- Gigantopithecus
- Mammoth
- Megaloceros
- Moschops
- Oviraptor
- Phiomia
- Phoenix
- Procoptodon
- Pteranodon
- Raptor
- Reaper
- Sheep
- Spino
- Stego
- Therizino
- Trike
- Wyvern
- Yutyrannus

Gacha Claus:
- Baryonyx
- Bronto
- Carbonemys
- Castroides
- Daeodon
- Gasbag
- Gigant
- Iguanodon
- Kentrosaurus
- Megalania
- Megatherium
- MoleRat
- Paraceratherium
- Parasaur
- Pulmonoscorpius
- Quetzal
- Rex
- RockDrake
- RockGolem
- Saber
- Shapeshifter_Large
- Shapeshifter_Small
- SnowOwl
- Tapejara
- TerrorBird
- Thylacoleo
- WoollyRhino

Thanks for this list a tribe member of mine was desperately looking through Raptor claus drops trying to find the giga-chibi

I can't speak for other maps as I primarily did the Raptor Claus on Valguero.

The only thing that annoyed me the most, is the high percentage of times the Raptor Claus flew out of bounds and dropped presents, how does this not get tested by WIldCard!! I know this is too late to fix for this season, but for god sake next season this had better be fixed!

@ZenRowe

Not a fan of the event specifically due to these chibis. They're a neat and fun addition to the game but when you're at 1000+ gacha clause crystals and around the same if not more raptor clause gifts and you're still missing a good number of them it just makes you wonder why you even wasted the time. I'm not saying they weren't a good idea to add to this event, just that this artificial rarity created by Wildcard has deflated any excitement I had for the event over all.

6 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Dedicated PC Cluster.

Ah, we're dedicated PC non-cluster. I wonder if that might make a difference. It seems there's a good number of people in both situations... half the people I see commenting are like us, only able to get certain Chibis from specific Claus's, while others are like yourself and can get any from either. 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Ah, we're dedicated PC non-cluster. I wonder if that might make a difference. It seems there's a good number of people in both situations... half the people I see commenting are like us, only able to get certain Chibis from specific Claus's, while others are like yourself and can get any from either. 

Being in a Cluster or not would make no difference.

2 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Being in a Cluster or not would make no difference.

We were clustered once. You'd be surprised at how many little things are impacted by it. But in this case I think it's most likely related to mods. We were never able to get a single Gacha Claus to spawn naturally on our server. We had to admin them in. I think mods are the culprit there as well. 

4 hours ago, Countrydude89 said:

I don't think so, I've gotten chibi's for Reapers and Rock Drakes, on The Island map.

Yea I no longer wonder that. The issue I was seeing is that half the Chibis were only available from Gacha Claus and we had no Gacha Claus spawns happening on our server. Once we admin spawned them in, we were able to access the other half of the Chibis.

Archived