Chibi Rarity

megaHammer

Chibi Rarity

Am I the only one frustrated with the drop rates of chibis? Like I understand they wanna make things rare...but it's completely RNG based and for some of us who have been farming the chibis this entire event...i still dont have all of them. I'm missing a few. And in order to buy them from someone else, i have to spend at least 500 tek for something like an HLNA...its upsetting since I have been up getting raptor claus presents 3-4 nights a day and getting some to all of the presents...this RNG table in my opinion needs reworking

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Interesting... have never seen a Rex chibi either. 

I always suspected "random" stuff in ark is as far from being random as it gets. So in this case my hypothesis is - there is a random seed, which differs between players and affect what species will be spam, common, rare or unobtainable. In other words - we all have different chibi rarity.

I am equally frustrated! I play on singleplayer and have even adjusted my day and night speeds to try to get more chances... I have gotten tons of chibis but I still only have 33 out of 54 and the event is ending soon! I was up to my eyeballs in pteranadons, Raptors, carnos, doeds, stegos, megaloceros, and ankys before I just started dropping the extras. I'm lucky to find 1 new chibi per real life day.

I think Gacha Claus is also glitched. He does not like to take mistletoe for me consistently, so I have to sneak it between stacks of coal. The few chibis I get from him are usually parasaurs, iguanadons, and megalanias.

I'm running out of hope for collecting them all.

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Interesting... I've never seen a Daedon chibi, and I've collected 500+ on Extinction. I wonder if certain chibis are only available on certain maps?

Interesting indeed. I say this because for every 3 items I give to a Gacha Claus, one turns out to be a Daedon. For every 3 Santa Gifts I get from Raptor Claus, one is almost always a Carno or Allo Chibi. We literally have 2 metal vaults filled with extra chibis and the majority are Daedons, Carnos, Allos and Scorpions.

I am only doing the gifts on the Island. At this point I've gotten nearly every chibi via Raptor/Gacha except Dire Wolf, Sabertooth, both Shapeshifters, Chefue, Wyvern, and Phoenix.

1 hour ago, deedoubleu said:

I always suspected "random" stuff in ark is as far from being random as it gets. So in this case my hypothesis is - there is a random seed, which differs between players and affect what species will be spam, common, rare or unobtainable. In other words - we all have different chibi rarity.

That sounds like too much thought and coding to be WC. I am sure its purely RNG. Just like drops in Warcraft raids are RNG.

So from the comments above, it sounds like some Chibis can only be gotten from Gacha Claus, and that would explain why I haven't seen them... because we're not getting any Gacha Claus spawns on our Extinction server... only Raptor Claus. We have Tek Transmitters and if Gacha Claus were spawning, we'd see them in the Dino Scanner. Not a single one has shown, even after using the admin command to destroy all the wild dinos (many times). 

I got the bog spider from raptor Claus,   I have just under a vaults full and I have 44 out of 54.

i think your chances are just better by exchanging with the gachas cus you have more chances.  Could be times ,  locations , no idea but sometimes I get a lot of one thing per crystal opening sessions
How does Gacha Claus work for you? Does he take stacks of 10? I've read differing opinions... some people say they put in 1 of each and get things. Meanwhile I have issues getting him to take mistletoe period and he only consistently gives me items if I give large stacks of coal.

1 hour ago, Pocolate said:
3 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:
I got the bog spider from raptor Claus,   I have just under a vaults full and I have 44 out of 54.

i think your chances are just better by exchanging with the gachas cus you have more chances.  Could be times ,  locations , no idea but sometimes I get a lot of one thing per crystal opening sessions

How does Gacha Claus work for you? Does he take stacks of 10? I've read differing opinions... some people say they put in 1 of each and get things. Meanwhile I have issues getting him to take mistletoe period and he only consistently gives me items if I give large stacks of coal.

you just give him 1 at a time.  There are ways to tell if you will get anything. 

1 - make sure it's slapping the ground when you put it in it's inventory, this means it is harvesting.  If it is harvesting, it will drop a crystal after sitting.  

2 - notice when it's not harvesting, the crystal that just broke off isn't being replaced.  This is a sign you will get nothing if you give him something to eat.

3- when they are truely truely bugged out, they will look like they are harvesting, but they will not sit down to eat what you put in it's inventory.

4 coal gives a lower chance for good stuff, which means you get more plain gacha crystals - which = more chibis possible.

5 mistletoe is a higher quality food and thus has a higher chance of apprentice gacha crystals which means less chibis possible.

6 - oh yea, to keep them harvesting, keep them parked over plants.  If there's no plants around for them to harvest, they won't.

7 - a gasbag and a 2 wall high enclosure around some plants is your friend, they will stay inside a 2 wall high enclosure, and the gasbag can blow them over the walls into it for you.  trade with 4 gachas at a time,  i wouldn't push 5 or more into a space or they will probalby start disappearing.

9 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

you just give him 1 at a time.  There are ways to tell if you will get anything. 

1 - make sure it's slapping the ground when you put it in it's inventory, this means it is harvesting.  If it is harvesting, it will drop a crystal after sitting.  

2 - notice when it's not harvesting, the crystal that just broke off isn't being replaced.  This is a sign you will get nothing if you give him something to eat.

3- when they are truely truely bugged out, they will look like they are harvesting, but they will not sit down to eat what you put in it's inventory.

4 coal gives a lower chance for good stuff, which means you get more plain gacha crystals - which = more chibis possible.

5 mistletoe is a higher quality food and thus has a higher chance of apprentice gacha crystals which means less chibis possible.

6 - oh yea, to keep them harvesting, keep them parked over plants.  If there's no plants around for them to harvest, they won't.

7 - a gasbag and a 2 wall high enclosure around some plants is your friend, they will stay inside a 2 wall high enclosure, and the gasbag can blow them over the walls into it for you.  trade with 4 gachas at a time,  i wouldn't push 5 or more into a space or they will probalby start disappearing.

They dont need to be harvesting anything. I have 2 inside my base building and they are not smashing on the ground to ”harvest” and happily dropping crystals if  i wait for one to form at their back. Only thing they need to have is a crystals hovering on their backs. There is up to 3 crystals at same time jingling around.

Also gacha claus has all 54 chibis on their drop list.

6 hours ago, Gafgarion said:

I feed like 1800 Coal to Gachas. They dont have all 54 Chibis...

Exactly. I discovered this because we only have Raptor Claus and no Gacha Claus spawning. So we had less than 20 of the 54 Chibis after collecting many many hundreds of Chibis. 

Then last night we admin spawned some Gacha Claus's and started feeding them the mistletoe and coal we had accumulated. They gave us just under 20 different Chibis that we had never had before. 

Conclusion: approx half the Chibis are only potential drops from Raptor Claus, and approx half the Chibis are only potential drops from Gacha Claus. Then the rarity factor accounts for the low appearance of certain Chibis in each of those two groups. 

RNG is weird though... after feeding the Gacha Claus thousands of coal & mistletoe, I had no Rex Chibis. Then suddenly in one of my last attempts I got four Rexes in a single bunch of crystals. 

Also, after collecting so many Chibis, the only Genesis Chibi any of us have is the BOG Spider (assuming its from Genesis). I have one. No other Chibis from Genesis. Seems odd. Maybe Genesis ones are ultra rare? 

1 hour ago, DeHammer said:

Exactly. I discovered this because we only have Raptor Claus and no Gacha Claus spawning. So we had less than 20 of the 54 Chibis after collecting many many hundreds of Chibis. 

Then last night we admin spawned some Gacha Claus's and started feeding them the mistletoe and coal we had accumulated. They gave us just under 20 different Chibis that we had never had before. 

Conclusion: approx half the Chibis are only potential drops from Raptor Claus, and approx half the Chibis are only potential drops from Gacha Claus. Then the rarity factor accounts for the low appearance of certain Chibis in each of those two groups. 

RNG is weird though... after feeding the Gacha Claus thousands of coal & mistletoe, I had no Rex Chibis. Then suddenly in one of my last attempts I got four Rexes in a single bunch of crystals. 

Also, after collecting so many Chibis, the only Genesis Chibi any of us have is the BOG Spider (assuming its from Genesis). I have one. No other Chibis from Genesis. Seems odd. Maybe Genesis ones are ultra rare? 

There is a detailed list made by someone with the ones form raptor and the ones from gacha. I dont remember the original link or creator to credit, this is my personal copy:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G4UME-wScpGrm6yL7IHOQiRyPEJk1cDMpGrnMmh7WaA/edit?usp=sharing

I think the really rare ones are the shapeshifters, the charufe was the very first chibi I looted from raptor claus and the bog spider I have it too.

3 hours ago, DeHammer said:

No. They only drop certain ones. Raptor Claus also only drops certain ones. That's an established fact.

How was this established?   I just looked at the chart someone posted there and I noticed the blank spots I actually got ones from the claus’s. That had holes in their data.   Pretty well established FACT that all chibis are possible from either claus.

and I take issue with saying it’s all about the crystal growing on the back and not the harvesting.   While this maybe true,  I did both ways myself for hours.   I found it was a hell of a lot easier to watch for slapping on ground and parking them on top of stuff to harvest.   Because the other way has you chasing the tail of a gacha who always turns so you can’t see what’s on their back.   And after watching them for hours ,  if they were slapping the ground cus there was plants nearby - the crystals grew.   When they stoppped hitting the ground with food around them,  the crystals don’t grow.   It’s easier to sit and watch than it is to pen them in and run around them until you can see their backs.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

How was this established?  

Simple. Unlike most of you, I have not had access to any Gacha Claus's. Only having access to Raptor Claus, I've collected many hundreds of Chibis without finding half of the available COMMON chibis. But when I then admin spawned a Gacha Claus and spent thousands of coal and mistletoe on Gacha Clus Chibis... not a single Chibi that I got from Gacha Claus was also one that I had previously gotten from Raptor Claus. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Every single Chibis I got from Raptor Claus did not drop from Gacha Claus, and every single Chibi that I got from Gacha Claus, never dropped from Raptor Claus. Thousands of Chibi drops without ONE single instance of cross over PROVES they are distinct drops. 

But there is the possibility that it may be different for a game console platform. I'm on PC.

Archived