Ark Genesis Questions

LustfulSuccubus

AM i the only one who hopes that this map is not transfer locked for 4 months? I find it stupid by this point. Most people who play ark already have things settle...very few new players. Also, they always join a tribe so there is no need to "protect" noobs. But that is just my opinion. I hate to be force to grind when i have spend already a ton of hours trying to up my game with my things. Kinna lame.

Happy New Year! Genesis is projected to release at the end of the month! I've very excited! There is also another map that comes with the season pass that is scheduled for new winter!

On 1/4/2020 at 11:42 AM, CamCam123 said:

AM i the only one who hopes that this map is not transfer locked for 4 months? I find it stupid by this point. Most people who play ark already have things settle...very few new players. Also, they always join a tribe so there is no need to "protect" noobs. But that is just my opinion. I hate to be force to grind when i have spend already a ton of hours trying to up my game with my things. Kinna lame.

In reply to this, looking at the steam statistics from when Extinction was released (Ark's last paid DLC), Ark's player count doubled at the release of that DLC. Going further back, it jumped up 20k-30k in users in the 2 DLC before Extinction. Setting a large transfer window lets these newer players on official servers have a fraction of a chance to be able to defend their bases and servers before much more advanced tribes come and fob up. Newer players also don't always join set up tribes, many invite their friends and start brand new tribes. If you hate to grind then don't play hard on the new map and just wait to bring all your tames in like all the other tribes that are already set up. Safe to say I, and many others I talk to, enjoy the grace period that is given when starting a new map. The longer the better in my opinion!

On 1/6/2020 at 4:15 AM, telausblade said:

I see the point on no transfer in I dont see it for transfers out

It helps insiding to a degree

9 hours ago, LustfulSuccubus said:

so we have to wait til this winter for a new map! that blows...i now hate ARK... ?

The first map is set to be released later this month. The second map is set for Winter 2020

what I hope for is to not have a free weekend like with extinction. if they do so they should have a new locked cluster for the guys who want to give it a shot. if they do allow for transfers on day 1 (I doubt it) they should have a cap or else some servers could be dino capped in 1 hour. also should have dino restrictions. if not then beating down the bosses on day one or killing everything with gigas on day 1 is game breaking. the building of a new base has it's own charm. I see no point in transferring 1 vault of pre crafted stuff and instant build a mega base.... some settings just can't please everyone.

Great things to come - new Map, new dinos, new Items, new Biomes, new Bosses

less great things - no kibble, no 250+ longneck with shocking darts. no dinos to help farm.

bad things that happened before : LAAG, pillar spamming, chat fights, griefers luring dinos on PVE,  updates every hour to fix stuff that breack your KO tame, mega update to blast your base that  12+ ppl built in 3 days.

I hope for the best and I wish you all good luck and happy bArking 

2 hours ago, TheSlayerNL said:

I dont think it will be 1 map to be honest, I think it will be multiple smaller maps, considering we got these different biomes, along with a bigger map where the simulations go from, unless you can pick any map and get into the simulation from there.

I mean everything is in the simulation in Genesis and in the trailer H-LNA kinda "breaks" through the world when changing biomes, so i don't think there will be a bigger map from where you go to smaller ones

• 3 weeks later...

its jan 31st where is the new Genesis map or content or do we have to wait til the winter if thats the case i think i wasted $34.99  USD on this pass i was hoping the map would be released by now im bored with Aberration,Extinction,and Scorched earth...ive been so bored i havent touched my xbox and that is rare...

11 minutes ago, LustfulSuccubus said:

its jan 31st where is the new Genesis map or content or do we have to wait til the winter if thats the case i think i wasted $34.99  USD on this pass i was hoping the map would be released by now im bored with Aberration,Extinction,and Scorched earth...ive been so bored i havent touched my xbox and that is rare...

I would suggest you watch the news announcements.  The release date has already been mentioned and can be quickly found with a google search now.

Archived