Weird Breeding Stats

Elundari

So I've been playing with breeding for a few generations and I just can't seem to get the higher stats to carry across.

For example my two Pteras, both were bred by my me and I have their base stats stored. I also have the stats of their parents who were 120 tames (at the point of taming). Mom has 1110 Stamina, Dad has 1000 Stamina - how do my babies get 900 stamina? I don't even have any pteras that tamed with less than 990 stam! I was under the impression the you had a 70% chance of getting the higher stat and a 30% of getting the lower stat but I just seem to be getting random stats. Is anyone else having this issue?

I was expecting this to be about random extra levels due to hidden speed points or something.  My ankylos are 181 and 188 but have the exact same stats.  If you've recorded everything then your issue must either be a bug or possibly some stat changes that happened in a patch.  I've noticed a few odd differences when breeding my rexes but they've always been slightly higher stats than what i had recorded from their parents.  Easy enough to breed out those lower stats in a few generations anyway so not a huge problem I guess.

2 hours ago, Elundari said:

It is definitely not a mistake on my part - I'm pedantic about my breeding program. I take screen shots and record them in my spread sheet right away and the ones I save for breeding never leave my breeding area and have no levels put into them until they are 'retired' from the breeding program.

After putting the stats in your charts and recording everything wouldn't you want to level them up for breeding higher levels? 

56 minutes ago, Rancor said:

After putting the stats in your charts and recording everything wouldn't you want to level them up for breeding higher levels? 

The additional levels that you gain from xp don't factor into breeding so upgrading them makes no difference unless he plans to use the dinos.  It might make a difference in the xp the dino provides when they are "retired" so i always level them up before saying goodbye.

Archived