Stop spreading the falsehood that dung beetles harvest!

Jemcrystal

They cannot auto pick up poops.  Where are you people getting this idea?  Is there a mod that makes this happen.  If so you people on unofficial with mods need to be quiet about game dynamics.  Stop answering questions when you don't know how vanilla works.

Is it possible that people are referring to this method about dung beetles "harvesting?" :: 

If you unclaim a dung beetle & let it kill you while you have inventory full of only poop (you should lower your hp so that it will 1 hit you) , it will pick up all the poop in your inventory. Meaning you can put hundreds of poop in it's inventory that it normally couldn't hold because of its weight restriction. This is something that works in vanilla.

Saw the thread on Reddit where this claim originated not sure how or why it became a thing here, not everyone uses both forums so if claims were made there one way or another maybe correcting that forum would help more.. people assume or don't understand why Dino's don't do things they are supposed too. 

"The comment was along the lines of enable wander it will collect." Not true same as oviraptor in a sense. You would think it would collect but it doesn't. The wiki has a lot of flaws because the info many people see if it's function pre-tame. Not function after tame.

As to let it collect from body etc I haven't tried it but I have never needed too. Maybe I can give that a try when I need to fill farm. 

The way I see it the wiki needs a little tweaking and an overhaul but collection Dino's should continue their allocated collection even once tamed.. would improve playtime.

Oviraptor is my biggest bug bear. It collects when wild and when tamed just improves egg lays.. would prefer it still collected but didn't eat fertilised eggs.

2 hours ago, xBlitzz said:

Is it possible that people are referring to this method about dung beetles "harvesting?" :: 

If you unclaim a dung beetle & let it kill you while you have inventory full of only poop (you should lower your hp so that it will 1 hit you) , it will pick up all the poop in your inventory. Meaning you can put hundreds of poop in it's inventory that it normally couldn't hold because of its weight restriction. This is something that works in vanilla.

That only works on pvp, on pve the game deals with an unclaimed dino like it belongs to another tribe.

this seems like a really wierd thing to get upset about.  most people just use s+ which has it's own thing that auto collects feces.  I think that I, like alot of people, assumed it did when we first got one so long ago because of real world knowledge of the creature it is based on.  It's like if you saw a dinosaurs with huge wings you'd assume it was a flier and be really put out if you tamed one and it couldn't fly or glide.

5 hours ago, xBlitzz said:

Man we do that for years on official.. Only bobs Don t know that. 

10 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

They cannot auto pick up poops.  Where are you people getting this idea?  Is there a mod that makes this happen.  If so you people on unofficial with mods need to be quiet about game dynamics.  Stop answering questions when you don't know how vanilla works.

Not everyone plays vanilla, nor is this forum dedicated to vanilla or official servers. So get used to it.

Archived